Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to ship a Dacentec Server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to ship a Dacentec Server?

GunterGunter Member

I'm looking for a way to get a Dacentec server that's been transferred to my ownership back to Canada.

Does anyone know of the cheapest way to ship a server internationally?

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Ask the local mafia, kindly.

• DavidxDavidx Member

UPS?

• it's not worth it

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@texteditor said:
    it's not worth it

This, they have like a $50 packing fee and then delivery will probably be like $50 with insurance and all, when you can probably buy it off eBay same price.

• i'd buy it from ya if price is cheap and i'd pick it up at their dock. Shipping to much if you ask me.

• earlearl Member

Why don't you just Colo it dacentec? I think after RTO it's only $30/mo for just colo

• @earl said:
    Why don't you just Colo it dacentec? I think after RTO it's only $30/mo for just colo

Colo is $40, they removed the 1amp option.

Thanked by 1earl
  • GunterGunter Member

catalystium said: Colo is $40, they removed the 1amp option.

^ That.

• kazilakazila Member

From US to Canada, definitely USPS. I'd avoid Fedex and UPS.

• wojonswojons Member

yeah that distance makes it harder. i have had friends that needed stuff from one part of califorina to another or something and i will drive it up whtere when i go to visit them but i mean shipping the server may cost more then you want it to and there could be import fees and everything to get it into candra your almost better off putting it on ebay and getting flat rate shipping to them.

the other optin is if you live really close to us canda boarder and have a friend on a near us city you can ship the server usps flat rate there and then drive to them and pick it up.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@kazila said:

Drive there would be cheaper

• GunterGunter Member

Ended up having it shipped to a friend's PO box. I'll drive accross the boarder to retrieve it.

Not sure what kind of use I would have for a 1U server, and it's too loud to be used as a home server.

• @kazila said:

+1