Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TemplateLayer - OpenVZ/KVM Template - Ideas for templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TemplateLayer - OpenVZ/KVM Template - Ideas for templates

rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

Hello,

I'm in the process of making new templates for a project that I'm calling TemplateLayer.

TemplateLayer will be a distribution point for up-to-date OpenVZ/KVM templates.

We've finished the creation of generic templates such as CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc... and have started the development of custom templates which include software such as ownCloud, WordPress, Jira, Ghost, LookingGlass etc...

When released TemplateLayer will have a custom CDN around the world distributing these templates via FTP, HTTP and RSync. The RSync functionality allows you do sync directly with our servers and get the most up-to-date templates. For this project to be sustainable it will cost a small fee each year for membership which will primarily be sold to VPS providers.

We would like your ideas, we have a list of templates we are going to create but would like your opinion on this... What templates would you like your VPS provider to have?

Please post your ideas below :)

Comments

• BSD, MINIX, Solaris, Haiku OS, React OS... would be nice to see some stuff that's not Linux for a change. All of these work under KVM. If you wanted cool points maybe you could even do older OS images/templates.

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

We've created our own templates, however I do hope this project goes through. Looks like a great idea.

• Perhaps some tweaked out templates... Like instead of just a typical LAMP install of wordpress, perhaps something preconfigured with varnish, nginx, etc for optimal performance.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@datarealm said:
    Perhaps some tweaked out templates... Like instead of just a typical LAMP install of wordpress, perhaps something preconfigured with varnish, nginx, etc for optimal performance.

All web applications are going yo be fully optimised with Nginx.

• J1021J1021 Member

Will there be any free subscription for regular users wanting to use the templates?

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@1e10 said:
    Will there be any free subscription for regular users wanting to use the templates?

There will be although that'll be on request only.

• Dude, but my Bloggy blog is constantly down :(

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@0xdragon said:
    Dude, but my Bloggy blog is constantly down :(

I am aware of that, it is a little off topic. The node your blog is on is currently down.

• We have built some cloud PBX templates on Centos for Asterisk, OpenSIPs and A2Billing. Happy to contribute if you like