Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for anti ddos - dos dedciated servers in eu and canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for anti ddos - dos dedciated servers in eu and canada

sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
edited May 2014 in Help

Please provide links to cheap good quality anti ddos or ddos migration or mitigation included for dedicated servers. USA may be a option too.

I have a few clients requesting a full anti ddos service and would like to look into this but google is not helping much.

EDIT: Non OVH please

Comments

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

The following is one of the best out there, saying it based on experience of my own & several of my mates :)

http://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

K2Bytes said: The following is one of the best out there,

Thanks sorry edited now, non ovh dedi's : )

• I see you have edited it with "No OVH" then your other options would be seflow.net & online.net for EU & likes of Liquidweb, blacklotus & Staminus for US

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting said:
    Thanks sorry edited now, non ovh dedi's : )

Any specific reason for not choosing OVH? They are the only one who provide the best protection at no additional cost

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

K2Bytes said: Any specific reason for not choosing OVH? They are the only one provide the best protection at no additional cost.

Ip's are expensive with ovh and not sure if they allow solusvm? I want to sell vps servers so if i use ovh people would most likely buy from them instead, if you have any further advice or feedback please post : )

• awsonawson Member

OT, but how did this happen?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • awson said: OT, but how did this happen?

oh nice ha ha

• BoxodeBoxode Member

And your budget is?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • viCommunications said: And your budget is?

between $100-$200+ PCM or less

• wychwych Member

Why no OVH?

Online.net do DDOS protection but depending on the node it may push you over budget.

Thanked by 2KIL86 sz1hosting
  • ovh ip's are extortion - also setup fee and using solusvm may be a issue ^_^ online.net not sure about ip prices there either. I am not sure about this that is why i posted here.

• @sz1hosting I use Online.net and I'm pretty happy with them. The IPs cost €1.99 / month / address, however there is a quota of IPs per server.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:
    ovh ip's are extortion - also setup fee and using solusvm may be a issue ^_^ online.net not sure about ip prices there either. I am not sure about this that is why i posted here.

IP's in the EU are expensive, and OVH isn't a rip off - they do one off fees not monthly charges.

Online.net is 2EUR/IP with limits depending on your SLA, but based on OVH being "extortion" I would guess they are over budget too.

Thanked by 2Maounique sz1hosting
  • infolink said: however there is a quota of IPs per server.

What is the max ip's?

• @sz1hosting It depends on the server model. However you can upgrade to the Business service level, then the quota is higher.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting said: What is the max ip's?

As just said, that depends on the box and the service level you choose.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • isn't OVH's 2eur IP fee a one-off cost?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member

@hostnoob said:
    isn't OVH's 2eur IP fee a one-off cost?

Yep.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • 20 euro setup fee per ip ovh i was told?

• wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:
    20 euro setup fee per ip ovh i was told?

Its two not twenty.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

Additional IPs

>

Up to 64 slots* available from:

>

Failover IP

unit IP blocks

Quantity of IPs/slots 1 IP(/32) 2 IPs (/31) 4 IPs (/30) 8 IPs (/29) 16 IP (/28) 32 IP (/27) 64 IP (/26) 128 IPs (/25) 256 IPs (/24)

Activation £1.70 Excl. VAT /IP (£2.04 VAT inc)

Monthly subscription FREE**

>

*Slots represent the quantity of available routes for your IP and IP block addressing.
    One slot can take 1 IP or 1 block of several IPs indifferently. Limited to 64 slots and/or 256 IPs per server.

**Excluding PRO option for old server ranges.

http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/hosting/2014-HOST-32.xml > Options

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

wych said: Yep.

What do you mean "one off" as in you pay 2 euro and can keep the IP for as long as you have the said service that's binded to the IP?

If so, that's very, very cost effective..

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member

@viCommunications said:
    If so, that's very, very cost effective..

Got it in one!

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Is this even further expansion, or a different project?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Nekki said: Is this even further expansion

The doctor says he's not far off morbidly obese...

@sz1hosting you might be better off working on solutions in your current DCs or just plain having to say no to a customer rather than move into a new DC.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

wych said: Got it in one!

Is there a limitation to how many IPs we can purchase? what sort of legal agreement for the IPs is in place?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting said:
    Ip's are expensive with ovh and not sure if they allow solusvm? I want to sell vps servers so if i use ovh people would most likely buy form them instead, if you have any further advice or feedback please post : )

With OVH you only have to pay 2 Euros/3$ setup fee per IP with no monthly charges.And no provider in the world can stop you from installing SolusVM on your server.I have several nodes with SolusVM + KVM installed for non-commercial purposes(hosting game servers for my gaming community).

Most of the DCs offering dedicated servers offer vps too.If you remain afraid & keep thinking like that you would never succeed.It all depends on what you are offering to the public that they should choose you over your upstream provider.For example OVH offer 100 Mbps ports, you can offer 1 Gbps. They use Opteron in their vps, you can use Intel Xeons & so many other such things.You really need motivation & moral support from someone experienced in this field because I can see you lack business plans & strategies.And get rid of your fears please, otherwise the hosting market is not for you.May God help you!

Regards

• @viCommunications said:
    Is there a limitation to how many IPs we can purchase?

256 max IPs per server with max 64 slots(subnets)

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

K2Bytes said: with max 64 slots(subnets)

SEO heaven :P

Thanked by 2Shoaib_A sz1hosting
  • Nekki said: Is this even further expansion, or a different project?

Kind of yeh ^_^