Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS & Linux Help Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS & Linux Help Needed

Hello there.

I'm looking for someone who is specialized in whmcs and linux. You should be able to harden,optimize,secure,automate the Cpanel vps plus whmcs knowledge (Automation; nothing to code)

Pay : 10$/Hour. You'll have to record everything you do for my security and educational purposes.

Only experienced are requested to contact me via pm.

Thanks
Sai.

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

$10/hour... would rather flip burgers.

• wychwych Member

Would help if you said how often you wanted the work.

1/hr a week or 100/hrs a week?

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

I think 10 USD is a small amount for this purpose.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

This kind of reads to me like you're going to pay someone $10 an hour until you're comfortable enough from viewing the recordings that you don't need them anymore...

Thanked by 2khav stallion
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I can help you & I'm okay with your rate but I can't record what I'm doing :-/

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    This kind of reads to me like you're going to pay someone $10 an hour until you're comfortable enough from viewing the recordings that you don't need them anymore...

I thought this too.

"Ok so I asked him to do this and then he went here and clicked that"

• I think by record they mean more notes/diary ;P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AThomasHowe said:
    I think by record they mean more notes/diary ;P

I instantly thought of something like a webbed recording, but I often have to do silly shit like that to 'train' people, so it's likely I'm biased.

• @Nekki yeah that sounds like hell.

Sort of related, someone posted one of these terminal recordings the other day. Not that one, just the coolest one on the homepage. Seemed like a pretty cool way to demonstrate some stuff.

• wychwych Member

I imagined FRAPs running in the background whenever work was being done.

• said: automate the Cpanel vps

hmmmmm

• khavkhav Member

@click4easy

Keep dreaming mate ....and yes don't do drugs its bad for health

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@click4easy said:
    Hello there.

I'm looking for someone who is specialized in whmcs and linux. You should be able to harden,optimize,secure,automate the Cpanel vps plus whmcs knowledge (Automation; nothing to code)

Pay : 10$/Hour. You'll have to record everything you do for my security and educational purposes.

Only experienced are requested to contact me via pm.

Thanks
    Sai.

We explored some potential options for this as we were looking to resell server management on another project. I think that smartservermanagement will fit your needs. Pricing is higher than you want to pay; however not over the top.

• click4easyclick4easy Member
    edited May 2014

@khav said:
    click4easy

Keep dreaming mate ....and yes don't do drugs its bad for health

4 People already contacted me. I didn't know how much do they pay for this type of jobs, but let's see how this experiment goes through.

I would like to thank each and everyone on this thread for keeping this thread active and it got into many eyes

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@click4easy said:
    I would like to thank each and everyone on this thread for keeping this thread active and it got into many eyes

Just remember the old adage fella; you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Thanked by 3khav click4easy Noerman
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

@click4easy be careful giving someone your server details who's willing to take this on as a regular job for $10/hr though.

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • @AThomasHowe

Thank you for your precious suggestion. I'm aware of that, i actually got a pm from a LET member who was thanked 200+times. Not sure if we can consider him safe ?

Anyway, i have my backups in case something goes wrong

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • DalCompDalComp Member

On some countries you are considered rich doing $10/hour...

• @DalComp said:
    On some countries you are considered rich doing $10/hour...

I'm from India too. I think it's considered high pay in most of the asian countries :)

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

@click4easy it certainly helps that they seem to have a reputation to uphold here, just be careful. You don't know what their motive is - to help, to run their own sites on there on the sly, to use it for DDoS attacks, to host malware etc... just make sure you're 100% happy they are who they say they are. You don't want illegal activity in your name.

I don't think the $10/hr is so bad, especially for someone who may take up the job in a developing nation, and you can still get fucked over paying someone $100s an hour. Pays to question motives.

Thanked by 2click4easy DalComp
  • earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

Another option maybe to get a managed VPS/Dedi.. Maybe cheaper in the long run. I would feel more comfortable giving the provider access to the server than a stranger from a forum..

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

click4easy said: Thank you for your precious suggestion. I'm aware of that, i actually got a pm from a LET member who was thanked 200+times. Not sure if we can consider him safe ?

Anyway, i have my backups in case something goes wrong

I've got nearly 1,000 'thanks', but I can assure that you want me anywhere near anything you're putting in production. Just make sure you've done your homework on the individual.

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • srvrprosrvrpro Member

AThomasHowe said: be careful giving someone your server details who's willing to take this on as a regular job for $10/hr though.

Okay so apparently the trustworthiness depends on the price charged.

• @earl said:
    Another option maybe to get a managed VPS/Dedi.. Maybe cheaper in the long run. I would feel more comfortable giving the provider access to the server than a stranger

from a forum..

Great idea. But unfortunately, ramnode doesn't have any management services. Do they ? I like to stay with ramnode. Any managed vps providers you recommend ?

I'm considering to learn stuff on my own. What all should i learn to manage my vps ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

srvrpro said: Okay so apparently the trustworthiness depends on the price charged.

It's sensible to be wary of someone offering to do a job 'on the cheap'.

• earlearl Member

@Nekki said:
    It's sensible to be wary of someone offering to do a job 'on the cheap'.

Considering it will be hosting WHMCS..

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited May 2014

I can do this job if i get minimum $50. And i have experienced managing WHM/cPanel server + WHMCS i also manage already more than 500 days. I can setup automation and firewall. i will tellkl you what i will do (what you need) and you will see it in the command line history. Personal message me if needed.

• Modules garden offers whmcs training.

• number of thanks should not defined any individual intentions