Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iceland? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iceland?

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@DanielM said: Perhaps you could give evidence of the other.

Wait, what? You're expecting me to give evidence that I am not attacking things? What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty', and how exactly do you expect me to prove that I'm not doing something?

@DanielM said: I have plenty of you being an anon member.

Aside from Anon not having the concept of a 'member', did I ever dispute I was involved in Anon? No.
    And what did 'being involved in Anon' have to do with attacking things again?

@DanielM said: They ARE TERRORISTS though,

Uhm, what? You're severely misunderstanding what Anonymous is. Maybe you should take a hint and stop constantly repeating yourself, and actually do some research into it before continuing this conversation.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@joepie91 said: Uhm, what? You're severely misunderstanding what Anonymous is. Maybe you should take a hint and stop constantly repeating yourself, and actually do some research into it before continuing this conversation.

All they do is ddos and hack sites. Which result in governments wanting to install censorship devices at network level.

• JoePie can not clearly be a member of Anonymous because he is not anonymous

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • @joepie91 said: The WHMCS hack was done by UGNazi, who explicitly stated they are not a part of Anonymous and do not work together with Anonymous in any way. Nice try, but no.

Can you link me on that? And if they are not affiliated with Anonymous, why do they frequent thet Anonops IRC server?

• DanielMDanielM Member

@Daniel said: JoePie can not clearly be a member of Anonymous because he is not anonymous

End of the day the evidence is out there. But if he says he dont commit these acts of terrorism fine. we shall stop it here. But my personal opinion is he does.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited May 2012

@liam said: Haven't all the anonymous people been jailed/pending trial?

No. Well thats what the terrorist agency (Anon) says.

edited May 2012

@DanielM said: All they do is ddos and hack sites. Which result in governments wanting to install censorship devices at network level.

If it wasn't clear enough from the last 4 times I said this, that is false and in fact complete bullshit. Do. Your. Research.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Can you link me on that?

I think it showed up somewhere in JoshTheGods Twitter timeline, I recall it being somewhere close to the thing about them doing it for entirely different motives than 'we want to highlight the use of WHMCS for illegal stuff'. I linked that tweet in another thread, can't immediately find it now.

@gsrdgrdghd said: And if they are not affiliated with Anonymous, why do they frequent thet Anonops IRC server?

I have no clue whether that's the case - and if it's the case, I have no clue why that would be the case, you'll probably have to ask them yourself. I don't frequent Anonops anymore, for the exact reason that it's full of idiots that just want to DDoS stuff, and it's impossible to get anything constructive done.

@DanielM said: End of the day the evidence is out there. But if he says he dont commit these acts of terrorism fine. we shall stop it here. But my personal opinion is he does.

How about you actually respond to the points I brought up instead of playing the moral white knight?

• DanielMDanielM Member

@joepie91 said: How about you actually respond to the points I brought up instead of playing the moral white knight?

am not going to argue with you. but as i said this is what i think. Maybe fact may not be. but there is alot of evidence of you being liked to there activites wether you actually ddos'ed any sites is not the case. Any normal person should not support or even trust anon or even there members. just like no one should trust the late osama bin laden.

@DanielM said: am not going to argue with you. but as i said this is what i think.

Calling a false accusation an 'opinion' does not make it any more correct, and it does not make it any less slander.

@DanielM said: but there is alot of evidence of you being liked to there activites wether you actually ddos'ed any sites is not the case.

And 'their activities' would be what exactly? And who is 'they'? If the penny still hasn't dropped with you, Anonymous is not a coherent group and it does not have any defined structure, it's just a name.

@DanielM said: Any normal person should not support or even trust anon

And why not exactly? Who are you to define what a 'normal' person is? Anyone that doesn't agree with your view of anyone that doesn't blindly obey a government or other entity, being a 'terrorist'? Do you even know what the word 'terrorist' means?

@DanielM said: just like no one should trust the late osama bin laden.

Are you seriously comparing Anonymous to Osama Bin Laden now?

• DanielMDanielM Member

@joepie91 said: And why not exactly? Who are you to define what a 'normal' person is? Anyone that doesn't agree with your view of anyone that doesn't blindly obey a government or other entity, being a 'terrorist'? Do you even know what the word 'terrorist' means?

Ofcourse i know what terroist means.

@joepie91 said: Are you seriously comparing Anonymous to Osama Bin Laden now?

Yes. Both are destructive. And causing problems. For example bin laden bombs the US and a few thousand die. And now look at america. Its virtually a police state. Now with anon hacking servers and stuff. (gov servers) they now want to install blackboxes in the actual network. so they can see everything. Tell me one good thing anon has done?

edited May 2012

@DanielM said: Ofcourse i know what terroist means.

Then you should have no issue posting the definition; go ahead.

@DanielM said: Yes. Both are destructive.

Uhm, no. It's funny how you still claim to know exactly what anon is, despite me having pointed out several times you're wrong and that you have to do your research. Considering we both agree that I am involved in anon, wouldn't that mean that my suggestion may be a valid suggestion since I am actually involved with it and as such know more about it than you?

@DanielM said: And causing problems.

Sure, and so are governments. So are corporations. So is your grandmother that decides to visit on a day when you really want to be left alone. So they all equal Osama Bin Laden now as well?

@DanielM said: For example bin laden bombs the US and a few thousand die. And now look at america. Its virtually a police state.

And why is that? Because the US was retarded enough to actually respond to those attacks in the exact way the 'terrorists' had intended - by fearing them and closing down things. The problem here lies with the response from the US, not with the original 'terrorist activity'. As could be seen clearly in for example Norway, the best way to deal with real terrorism is to ignore it - then it simply won't have the intended effect.

@DanielM said: Now with anon hacking servers and stuff. (gov servers) they now want to install blackboxes in the actual network. so they can see everything.

Oh, you think those plans weren't already in the making? Again, you didn't seem to have done your research. Try actually figuring out when all these 'oppressive acts' were originally drafted (and I mean the earliest of them), and you'll notice that they were drafted far before the first anons started with politically motivated actions. And that's not even touching on the point that anon is not the cause of these responses, just a catalyst that may or may not make them go faster - and considering one of the things Anon is trying to solve are those exact 'oppressive tactics', it is pretty much impossible to fight against them without speeding them up.

Do you know what the alternative is? Sitting in a corner being afraid, hoping the 'big bad government won't introduce new oppressive measures'. 1984, anyone?

@DanielM said: Tell me one good thing anon has done?

If you had actually read my responses instead of just spouting your Daily Mail bullshit throughout the topic without even understanding what it is about, you would have noticed that I had already done that.

• @DanielM said: For example bin laden bombs the US and a few thousand die

When did he do that? Did i miss something?

@Dionysus said: You guys should take your petty arguments over to the LET irc channel. You're spamming William's thread.

As long as mr. 'Anonymous expert' is slandering me in public I'll point out every bit of bullshit he writes. If that stops, I won't respond to it anymore either.

• @Dionysus said: You guys should take your petty arguments over to the LET irc channel. You're spamming William's thread.

LET has an IRC channel?

@Daniel said: LET has an IRC channel?

Yes, #lowendtalk on irc.freenode.net.

• WilliamWilliam Member

As update, Colocation has been ordered and we will ship out the machine next thursday, it should be ready to deploy VPS on in 10 days.

Thanked by 1nabo
  • @AsadHaider said: That guy used to be a good friend of mine, he's an asshole.

Who Ryan?

• @joepie91 said: And why is that? Because the US was retarded enough to actually respond to those attacks in the exact way the 'terrorists' had intended - by fearing them and closing down things.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

We didn't respond to the attacks. The bribers and politicians just saw the attacks as an excuse.

• AsadAsad Member

@Daniel said: Who Ryan?

Yeah, I've not seen/spoken to him in four years though. He was a lot less weird back then.

• @AsadHaider said: Yeah, I've not seen/spoken to him in four years though. He was a lot less weird back then.

What happened?

• AsadAsad Member

@Daniel said: What happened?

Honestly, he started acting like a cocky little shit so I stopped speaking to him. Wasn't surprised when I heard he got arrested, he's been doing that kinda stuff for years.

Still got the chat logs of when I spoke to him, probably could have made some money selling them to the press :P

• WilliamWilliam Member

@AsadHaider said: probably could have made some money selling them to the press :P

No, trust me - They don't want that (been there, done that).

@DimeCadmium said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

We didn't respond to the attacks. The bribers and politicians just saw the attacks as an excuse.

For the sake of not further derailing this thread into "the attacks were real" / "the attacks were fake" and similar responses, I made the assumption that they were real and there was no malicious intent from any government. Makes it a whole lot easier to discuss the situation and it doesn't matter much for the end conclusion. I personally don't believe the 'official story' anyway, but discussing that would open up another pointless flamewar, so it may be best to just leave that in the middle.

@AsadHaider said: Yeah, I've not seen/spoken to him in four years though. He was a lot less weird back then.

I've known him for... 3 or 4 years? To be honest he's always been like he is now, he just seemed better at hiding it back then. I have had some conflicts with him in the past, so to say.

• Arguing with DaniemM

Quit wasting your time ヽ( >∀<)ノ AHAHA AHAHA AHAHAHAHA

Thanked by 1matessim
  • Concerning vpn, is it allowed to install a server for about 40 user? Non commercial of course and the users will always be the same cause it's one team...

HerrMaulwurf

• DanielMDanielM Member

@HerrMaulwurf said: Concerning vpn, is it allowed to install a server for about 40 user? Non commercial of course and the users will always be the same cause it's one team...

He already said no.

edited May 2012

@DanielM said: He already said no.

Where did he say that? I only see him saying no public VPNs, and that VRS doesn't support VPNs. Haven't been able to find anything about no private VPNs on the KVM (?) plans.

• antivenantiven Member
    edited May 2012

@joepie91 said: Where did he say that? I only see him saying no public VPNs, and that VRS doesn't support VPNs. Haven't been able to find anything about no private VPNs on the KVM (?) plans.

Yea, when I emailed EDIS about it they said the same thing. It just can't be public.

EDIT: From their website:

Accepted use:
    VPN: OK
    Open VPN relays: not in Switzerland and in Great Britain
    Proxy: OK
    Open proxy relays: not in Switzerland and in Great Britain
    TOR: relaying allowed / exit nodes are forbidden in all locations