Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When providers are out of stock is it usually because of IP addresses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

rchurchrchurch Member
edited May 2012 in General

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@rchurch said: When providers are out of stock is it usually because of IP addresses?

I cannot speak for others, but I only allow so much service to be created on a node based on the amount of ram the node contains. This is to keep the performance acceptable to everyone. I buy and build all my nodes, rather than lease lower grade data center servers, and I only have so much free cash to grow with, so sometimes demand out paces supply.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Ill have to go with ran out of space. This is not an issue for us, but I have seen it before.

Everyone over exaggerated the whole IPv4 situation. There are plenty of IP's still out there so I dont see IPs being an issue just yet

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Ill have to go with ran out of space.

Space is very vast

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2012

@miTgiB said: Space is very vast

Indeed, and is growing LOL

/trollmode off

• rchurchrchurch Member

@CVPS_Chris What lower spec plans do you offer? Something I can pay quarterly or yearly with minimal risk.

• ErkanErkan Member

it can also be marketing "tricks" or such things as: does not want "a specific" customer ...

• JacobJacob Member

Uhm, I suppose the biggest issue is trying to get hardware at a good price.

I would rather have a stable and steady growth then rush into deploying more nodes, It gives you more time to plan ahead.

• AldryicAldryic Member

In our scenario.. we run a very tight ship, and we don't expand until we feel we're ready to handle the additional workload. Having any single node performing under par from the others is completely unacceptable.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

50/50.

Usually order enough IPs for a node for everyone to have just one and fill it up, but as soon as people start to order 10 additional IPs they go fast.

• rds100rds100 Member

IPs are never an issue for us, but this is because we are a LIR.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Aldryic my 256/512mb box performs significantly better than my 512/1024mb box.. 256 one gets more than 100mb faster on I/O tests. 360/s vs about 220/s.
    Although both boxes are fantastic :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If you go out of stock because you ran out of IP's frankly your planning is terrible and you should be ashamed!

• AldryicAldryic Member

@liamwithers said: @Aldryic my 256/512mb box performs significantly better than my 512/1024mb box.. 256 one gets more than 100mb faster on I/O tests. 360/s vs about 220/s.

Throw us a ticket with my name on it... Fran and I will have a look and see if it's something we can correct :P

• @AnthonySmith said: If you go out of stock because you ran out of IP's frankly your planning is terrible and you should be ashamed!

You know its REALLY hard to get IPs now. You have to fill in forms for each individual IP in a subnet.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@rchurch said: @CVPS_Chris What lower spec plans do you offer? Something I can pay quarterly or yearly with minimal risk.

Email me directly, [email protected] and we can give you some great quotes :)