Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM (LV) Down? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM (LV) Down?

12346»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@catalystium said:
    I wonder, do they do DDoS protected IPs for their shared/reseller hosting? Curious.

Nope.

If we ever did the price wouldn't be an extra $3.00/month anyway.

Francisco

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

No FedEx problems, Fran?

@netomx said:
    No FedEx problems, Fran?

Only problem was that it came in at lunch time and I was hoping for morning. I would've gone on a different flight if I had known it was going to be then. Hell, I could've got a free flight since Spirit was offering free credit to anyone that would postpone their flights to Vegas by an hour.

Past that no issues. No damage to it and gave no hassle.

Minus 2 of the blanker plates being missing and having to cardboard ghetto fab
    myself some until the proper ones arrive, it's running great.

It took me the better part of the morning to get the autonull back online. Since
    we can't host the autonull right on the router we had to change around the whole
    platform.

Thankfully, it's good to go and running fantastic.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said:

Told yaaaaaa hahaha!

In serious business, I'm glad it is working now :D

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Congrats on the new setup. I'm glad you avoided the pain that is the BigIron RX.

@qps said:
    Congrats on the new setup. I'm glad you avoided the pain that is the BigIron RX.

Thanks for the feedback as well :)

I had heard from many others that the RX had ARP issues and I'd be back to outages right away.

Francisco

• I hate Foundry equipment from the bottom of my heart. Once it start getting old ... it's a complete mess. Had problems with random regular switches and a whole blade died in a BigIron ... sighs

• Just to say - everything seems much more stable for me too since the new router went in.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Francisco said:

Gotcha, was curious. Performance seems to running smooth since the new router.

Thanked by 2netomx Francisco
  • @netomx: I got my "You Just Got Litt Up" mug today with FedEx and it was on time!

Thanked by 2netomx trewq
    edited June 2014

@XTServers said:
    I hate Foundry equipment from the bottom of my heart. Once it start getting old ... it's a complete mess. Had problems with random regular switches and a whole blade died in a BigIron ... sighs

I love our SuperX. Love love love the thing. It gives us no issues, routes like a beast, and keeps chugging w/o a single complaint.

The MLX is working fantastic. I noticed latency dropped a few ms to some points and performance has been solid. A few people have been wacked pretty damn hard flood wise but without any sort of global issue.

The only real hangup we had was the amount of changes we had to make to get autonull to play nice. There's a half dozen route-maps and such in place now to get nullroute communities working smoothly.

Francisco