Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS giveaway time! IPv6-only from i-83.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS giveaway time! IPv6-only from i-83.net

NekkiNekki Veteran

Hello folks,

Another VPS giveaway as I continue to divest myself of unneeded cheap yearlies.

Up this time is an IPv6-only plan from i-83.net. It has 128MB RAM, 5GB and unmetered B/W, is located in RBX and has a renewal price of £4.87 a year, due on 21/1/2015. Just a note on this one though, TUN/TAP is not allowed. Obviously you need an account in good standing with the host to be able to take this plan over.

As usual, this plan is offered free and without strings attached, but if you feel so inclined, you could make a charity donations of a few pounds/dollars/euros in recognition of getting something nice for free :-)

PM or reply here if you want an I'll decide who gets it in a few hours. The regular forum scroungers need not apply, you know who you are, you fucking pikeys.

Cheers.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ ehab imp

Comments

• I want it! :)

• I don't want it but I have a box with i-83 (the ones Nekki is offering) and I find it great. Use it to host my observium.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • i83i83 Member

Feel free to ticket in once you have decided a winner @Nekki and we can get the VPS moved for you today.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • lelewkulelewku Member

i have a good signature and i deserve this.

• wychwych Member

@lelewku said:
    i have a good signature

Whats that got to do with it?

• ehabehab Member

wonder did anyone win the @i83 vps giveaway?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ehab said: wonder did anyone win the @i83 vps giveaway?

It's been 27 minutes :-/

• i83i83 Member

@Nekki said:
    It's been 27 minutes :-/

I think he means our own giveaway from our most recent offer.

@ehab said:
    wonder did anyone win the i83 vps giveaway?

The winner has been contacted via E-mail and we will be announcing the winner once they have activated the VPS. If this has not been done in 24 hours we will select another winner.

• yes i want it :)

• ehabehab Member

@i83 yes that's what i was asking thanks.

• i83i83 Member

@ehab said:
    i83 yes that's what i was asking thanks.

No problem.

We are going to announce the winner on our thread; we just wanted to make sure they are settled and have the server before posting.

• ehabehab Member

lucky

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I think we can all see how this got confusing real fast.

• GunterGunter Member

Since I doubt the winner will actually make a charitable donation, I'll be making a donation to a charity to compensate.

• wychwych Member

@darknyan said:
    Since I doubt the winner will actually make a charitable donation, I'll be making a donation to a charity to compensate.

Which charity buddy?

• GunterGunter Member

@wych said:
    Which charity buddy?

I thought about it and the first donation for Nekkis giveaway will be the Khalsa Diwan Society of Vancouver. Its a Sikh temple that makes a pretty significant effort to feed underprivileged familities in Vancouver.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

Nice ....

http://kdsross.com/ / khalsadiwansociety.com ? (2nd not linked as I think they are cybersquatting)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

darknyan said: Since I doubt the winner will actually make a charitable donation, I'll be making a donation to a charity to compensate.

Top gesture my man, much appreciated.

It should be said however, that every single person I've given a VPS to since mentioning the charity thing has actually donated to charity, and I think in each case a sum greater than the cost of the VPS at full term. I say this not to pressure the eventual recipient, but just to point out that there are a lot of people here who aren't total scroungers.

• GunterGunter Member

@Nekki said:
    It should be said however, that every single person I've given a VPS to since mentioning the charity thing has actually donated to charity, and I think in each case a sum greater than the cost of the VPS at full term. I say this not to pressure the eventual recipient, but just to point out that there are a lot of people here who aren't total scroungers.

Either way, for each giveaway you do, I'll donate a small bit to a charity. Just as a kind gesture of LET. I tend to just assume that most recipients of giveaways are scroungers, not that all of you are.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

@darknyan I'm sure many are, but I don't randomly pick a winner I review everyone's posts and try and give it to the person who's I think has contributed most to the community.

Really do appreciate the gesture though mate, it's very good of you.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited May 2014

@wych said:
    Nice ....

http://kdsross.com/ / khalsadiwansociety.com ? (2nd not linked as I think they are cybersquatting)

Its kdross.com

I'm going to visit them tomorrow afternoon for the second time in my life. The first time I went, everyone recognized that I was out of place and made a huge effort to be understanding and teach me the social customs practiced at the temple. I was then told to come to the langar for free food but they refused to accept a donation for the meal, and another Sikh donated in my stead. I'll be donating $100 tomorrow.

Next charity will probably be the World Wildlife Fund or Engineers without Borders, in a lesser sum.

(I need an excuse to donate so hence why I'm piggybacking off of Nekki)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

darknyan said: I'll be donating $100 tomorrow.

Holy crap, that's awesome!

• GunterGunter Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    Holy crap, that's awesome!

It won't be as much next time for the record. These people are really cool, hence why so much. Also, I get fairly decent tax deductions based on my contributions.

Next time Nekki has a giveaway, it'll be more along the lines of $25.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

darknyan said: It won't be as much next time for the record.

The amount doesn't matter, if a charity gets a single dollar as a result of these giveaways, that's a dollar more than they had before so it's all good.

• GunterGunter Member

@Nekki said:

Keep hosting giveaways. I'll see if i can submit a tax receipt for proof if I get the chance.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

OK folks, @ZEROF is the recipient of this VPS. He has very generously donated €50 to the Novak Djokovic foundation, which is currently supporting the Serbia flood relief fund.

With @darknyan's $100 donation, that's a huge chunk of change raised for a £5 a year VPS. Good times :-)

• GunterGunter Member

@Nekki said:
    OK folks, ZEROF is the recipient of this VPS. He has very generously donated €50 to the Novak Djokovic foundation, which is currently supporting the Serbia flood relief fund.

With darknyan's $100 donation, that's a huge chunk of change raised for a £5 a year VPS. Good times :-)

Donated ~30 minutes ago (100 CAD/92 USD). Slipped another 25 cents in the Golak. Also, I learned I don't like the yogurt very much.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • taronyutaronyu Member

I want it!

but I don't need it... ohh well

• NekkiNekki Veteran

taronyu said: I want it!

but I don't need it... ohh well

There are at least 3-4 more VPS coming up for grabs in the not too distant future. You never know your luck...

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • Nekki said: There are at least 3-4 more VPS coming up for grabs in the not too distant future. You never know your luck...

Any MediaTemple or Linode and I call shotgun ;)

just kidding.