Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6/WHMCS/Dan Fry - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6/WHMCS/Dan Fry

Comments

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

14:00Reece Chroftes: Hello James, how may I help you today?
    14:00James: Hey Reece
    14:00James: I was talking to Jeremy yesterday is he on shift right now?
    14:00Reece Chroftes: Let me just check that for you James, bare with me a moment.
    14:01James: no problem
    14:02Reece Chroftes: I'm afraid he's not at this moment in time -- is there anything I could help you with?
    14:06James: Can you tell me when Jeremy Harnett starts
    14:06Reece Chroftes: I'm afraid I don't know that iinformation.
    14:07James: ok
    14:07James: He's a staff member though right?
    14:07James: I'm wondering if i got his surname wrong
    14:09Reece Chroftes: Hi, I believe i stand corrected, there isn't to my knowledge -- if you would like to talk with a higher member of staff I can get them to send you an email?
    14:10Reece Chroftes: If that would help your request.
    14:11James: sure
    14:11James: So your saying you cant find a Jeremy Harnett?
    14:11James: Oops
    14:11James: my bad
    14:11James: Jeremy Hartnett
    14:12Reece Chroftes: From my understanding there is not a Jeremy working with ServerGurus.
    14:13James: no problem
    14:13James: sorry about that
    14:13Reece Chroftes: As this is live support only, if you wish to speak to a higher member of staff then I would suggest opening a support ticket.
    14:13Reece Chroftes: Its no problem James!
    14:16Reece Chroftes: Can I help you with anything else today

• jcalebjcaleb Member

do we need to analyze more about the counter story?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@httpzoom Maybe a more direct angle. A live chat support agent could be anyone, even outsourced. We don't know that they would know him if he worked for them. Perhaps a support ticket outlining Jeremy's claims of involvement with ServerGurus and their involvement with VPS6 and asking them to confirm or deny.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@jcaleb said: do we need to analyze more about the counter story?

I doubt it'll do much good, it's not like anything will be done either way.

@jarland, possibly. Serverguru's is a pretty organised company and has staff lists etc.

From a conversation I had with him privately it left me with the feeling there is still more to this story. If this was my business' reputation I'd simply release my facebook page or something like that to prove I existed!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: it's not like anything will be done either way

After a passing view of this thread, I see it more as the community seems to thrive on this stuff, it's not the few dollars lost to any provider, it's the thrill of the chase

I'll release my name, address phone, Facebook, and even the old MySpace ;) ...boy do I hope there's no crazy web host stalkers out there.

@miTgiB for me it also appears companies like VPS6 want to use communities to advertise, but feel no responsibility to the community itself.

If this was Hostigation under investigation I'm sure it'd last all of 5 minutes (5 minutes because it'd take you time to see the thread and then write your reply ;) )

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@httpzoom said: I'm sure it'd last all of 5 minutes

Not even, my details are public already, I can be found online easily back to the mid 90's

@miTgiB Use your real name for just about everything too? As far as I know 9/10 search results for "jarland" are me, myself, and I ;)

@miTgiB

Exactly

Google "Firstname Surname company-name" brings up everything you need to really know about yourself. Most small companies you can do this with.... VPS6 however.... Jeremy Hartnett dropped outta the sky it seems

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@httpzoom said: brings up everything you need to really know about yourself.

It does leave off I like white cake with vanilla frosting, good to know if you plan to stop by.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Aldryic enough has been shown already. Anymore of this will just repeat a cycle of clarification/denial..... and unless some database is leaked (SG?).... admission.

• CoreyCorey Member

You can also find everything you want to know about me and wayne online as well. If any details about the existence of a person are impossible/very hard to find on the web then chances are they are a made up identity to scam people.

• I find where Dan Fry get staff, this website http://bit.ly/DHqpw

Thanked by 3Liam Corey Spirit
  • @concernednetizen said: I find where Dan Fry get staff, this website http://bit.ly/DHqpw

LMFAO Best post in this conversation.

• shunnyshunny Member

I think what will clear this issue is if one of the law enforcement agencies jump on and clear all these "issues" until then this rolling snowball ain't going to stop.

@shunny said: I think what will clear this issue is if one of the law enforcement agencies jump on and clear all these "issues" until then this rolling snowball ain't going to stop.

If someone of decent rank at ServerGurus confirmed Jeremy's statements, VPS6.net would be placed on the reputation of ServerGurus and it would be unreasonable to base an opinion of them on the reputation of Dan Fry. As it stands, Jeremy's statements are entirely plausible, with only this confirmation needed to justify it as "good enough."

Without this confirmation, you are correct, there will be no answer that will satisfy anyone who has made up their mind.

I'm very much on the fence about it. I'm pretty stubborn and I have a tendency to assume the best in people, except when I don't.

• flyfly Member

here's an idea.
    don't buy from them.
    how many other providers have the EXACT same services here?

edited May 2012

@kbar To be truthful, I've found none at the level of resource allotment and consistency in high availability of the 1Gbps lines. At least not at the price range. They're not so cheap as to make it too good to be true, but not so expensive as to not be competitive. I can confess to a slight desire for them to be absolved of this matter, because people like us in this forum are a target market, and if their business is sustainable they could really carve out a nice name for themselves. I like quality competition, and I find their position to be unique.

Best competitor I'd say is BuyVM, and I don't have to tell you they're not much competition to anyone as they couldn't keep stock if they wanted to ;)

• KairusKairus Member

@kbar said: here's an idea.

don't buy from them.
    how many other providers have the EXACT same services here?

But what if it's not true? What if this Jeremy person isn't actually Dan Fry? Kind of giving VPS6 a bad rep based solely on speculation. I'm not saying this thread makes me want to purchased from VPS6, but I'd hope Jeremy could give some real proof (just prove that Jeremy Harnett is a real person) if he's legitimate.

• flyfly Member

what do you have to gain from giving money to a borderline suspicious provider when you can get service from so many other proven providers?

edited May 2012

@kbar I find most budget vps providers to be suspicious on some level. Also, I prefer 1Gbps lines and the only U.S. providers I can think of off the top of my head that offer this at budget prices are BuyVM, Hostigation, and VPS6. Guess how many of those have stock. You're under the impression that they aren't at all unique, but high performance, low price, 1Gbps, and North America narrows the LEB list significantly.

So yes, I would like to see them succeed. Especially in the current state of watching new vps startups from Kimsufi servers every week. Why would anyone desire to see someone else fail?

Please inform me if I left out a provider that fits the bill. A little better outlined here:
    1. High performance
    2. 1Gbps, burstable to full
    3. North America
    4. Budget prices or slightly above

I'm sure I left one or two out, but I promise the pool isn't plentiful with those requirements. There is a gap in this market. A few have proven it possible to meet these requirements. Still only a few have done it. Hit EU servers and they're a dime a dozen, but not North Amercia.

• KairusKairus Member

@kbar said: what do you have to gain from giving money to a borderline suspicious provider when you can get service from so many other proven providers?

With that logic we'd probably never see any new providers pop up. It's nice to see more competition in the LEB market. A few months ago people were saying that ChicagoVPS wouldn't be able to sustain their $7/mo offers, and they're still around.

• The company paper show is Dan Fry company. It no suspicion, it fact.

• edited May 2012

@jarland said: Please inform me if I left out a provider that fits the bill. A little better outlined here:

1. High performance
    2. 1Gbps, burstable to full
    3. North America
    4. Budget prices or slightly above

There are at least a few more. I know of at least one.

/back to topic

Thanked by 1jar

@matt_securespeed Doesn't count as an ad because I asked ;) Bookmarked, will sign up when the wife releases her choke hold on the credit card. In her defense, it's a good move ;)

• This is better than the Sunday newspaper. Lol

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@jarland said: when the wife releases her choke hold on the credit card.

You probably let her touch the remote too. Turn your man card in at the door.

Thanked by 3jar JTR Wintereise
    edited May 2012

@liam Haha good lord that's a lot!