Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6/WHMCS/Dan Fry - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6/WHMCS/Dan Fry

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

Please someone contact VPS6 over live chat or email/ticket and link them here

• subigosubigo Member

@cosmicgate said: yeah love to see iwebhostu LOL

They've got a few WHMCS takedown notices in the past. ;)

• @subigo said: @cosmicgate said: yeah love to see iwebhostu LOL

>
    They've got a few WHMCS takedown notices in the past. ;)

Any big names in their with WHMCS takedown notices?

• subigosubigo Member

@pioneernetworks said: Any big names in their with WHMCS takedown notices?

Probably. There's over 4,000 notices in there. If I get bored later, I'll look.

• gianggiang Veteran

@pioneernetworks said: Any big names in their with WHMCS takedown notices?

Sort by status on takedownnotices table and you will see a lot of fun :D

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

I'm still wondering two things.
    1. How ServerGurus plays into it. They clearly have a role, and unless they are also run by "Dan Fry" it's safe to assume that he's not the only one involved here.
    2. If "Dan Fry" is actually involved in VPS6 or simply was involved. There's no doubt he played a role, but unless I'm wrong this still isn't fitting his previous style as the company is still running solid at the moment.

As far as looking up business registration goes, that's all nice but it's been over a year and I can't find a record of my company at all, so who's to say what is up to date.

Their current status, meaning still running strong, leads me to believe that Dan might have already sold this one and perhaps they were slow about changing the WHMCS license over. I don't know why they wouldn't admit it if it were true, but devil's advocate is really the only unique and interesting move right now, attacking them would just be too easy ;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: 2. If "Dan Fry" is actually involved in VPS6 or simply was involved. There's no doubt he played a role, but unless I'm wrong this still isn't fitting his previous style as the company is still running solid at the moment.

Well, if he was and he sold it/transferred it to Jeremy, then Jeremy would know who it was and just admit to it. Instead he stated he knew nothing of the person nor the name.

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member

perhaps there was a middle man?

@jcaleb said: perhaps there was a middle man?

Perhaps but I know if I was buying a business I'd want to know every last detail including every owner that was ever involved. Last thing you want is to be side lined that the company you just bought had a past of selling to spammers intentionally.

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member

But its enough alibi to say i dont know the person =p

@Francisco Unless Jeremy actually has no idea who the guy is. Now, speculation as to how one could get in his position without any knowledge of him, or get in his position and have a legitimate reason to deny knowledge of him short of actually being him, would be interesting. Again, devil's advocate here, I went Tim's direction for some KVM love already for my vnc system ;)

@jarland said: Again, devil's advocate here,

Very much so, just saying, it'd be quite the oversight.

It's like Constantino's claim that he bought hostrail and 'didnt know' about some mountain of debt they supposedly had.

Fran

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Francisco said: It's like Constantino's claim that he bought hostrail and 'didnt know' about some mountain of debt they supposedly had.

Actually, that would be like someone bought completely unknown company from a known scammer without knowing anything about the previous owner.

Oh wait ...

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Jeremy is Dan Fry. Jeremy Hartnett joke name, no real

Dan Fry make many joke name Omar Singh

• @jarland
    ServerGurus sell server Dan Fry. He use ServerGurus for IonVM, SuperVM and TelVPS. I check Serverguru this I think real company. I talk Serverguru.

Dan Fry will do company for 3-6 monthes then sell with problems

Dan Fry run VPS6, he still on MSN with display name VPS6.net

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited May 2012

Well, it's proven, so can't defend him anymore.

┐(´д`)┌ヤレヤレ

I'd say evidence beyond reasonable doubt. Proven...not quite. Then again, I watch too many court room tv shows.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Juuude juuudyyy.. I hate those shows, they are just made for TV..

[/off-topic]

Either way in my eyes it was proven quite some time ago and this is just re-enforcing my thoughts. It is conclusive imo.

• LESLES Member

Jeremy Hartnett (VPS6NET_jh) temporarily suspended on WHT

• laaevlaaev Member

@LES said: Jeremy Hartnett (VPS6NET_jh) temporarily suspended on WHT

Old news.

• laaevlaaev Member

Well I do not mean to start drama but I would have to say its safe to assume that Jeremy has no intentions of updating this thread with a valid explanation, as he just posted on LET here ( http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/68402#Comment_68402 ) but has not even posted a single reply to the concerns brought up in this thread.

While I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, if Jeremy/Dan had nothing to hide I do not see why it should be a problem to quickly clarify here on LET.

Please let me know your thoughts and if I'm correct to believe that clients should move if Jeremy refuses to address the concerns mentioned here, as this is definitely not a situation that should be taken lightly.

edited May 2012

I'd say don't keep mission critical data on it, pay monthly, enjoy it if it fits a task for you. Me and you, and all of us, may desire a clear statement on this specific matter but in the end it's his decision and his alone. It's not really a popularity contest and we're mostly adults here, so we should be able to let it be or brush it off. We won't know how it'll unfold until it does. Just let people know what's up, let them draw their own conclusions, and keep popcorn handy.

Regardless of everything else, ServerGurus is involved in this operation, not just as a vendor. They are legit. If he bails, I don't think this is going to be IonVM. Just my opinion. Concernednetizen says that detail was the same across the others, I don't see any evidence of it. They have a support page if anyone wants to ask them questions.

Again, not to defend, just to try to apply a sponge to the drama. I'm as interested as everyone else in how this plays out.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited May 2012

The reason I have not posted here is to avoid stirring controversy about the other companies and entities that will inevitably become involved. It is neither my right nor interest to discuss these.

Anyone seeking a full and direct 'explanation' is free to email me at jh[at]vps6.net, as several here have already done.

@jarland said: Regardless of everything else, ServerGurus is involved in this operation, not just as a vendor.

Here is what I can say publicly on this topic:

VPS6.NET, LP began, and presently exists, with SG's owner holding a 30% stake as an individual in the Limited Partnership. After a successful "beta" phase of VPS6.NET, we are now in the final stage of integrating VPS6.NET's staff, financing, and other back-end operations directly with SG's. ServerGurus, LLC will effectively become the parent entity of VPS6.NET. There will be no direct changes to VPS6.NET's service catalog or front-end operations, other than an increase in the general level of service and availability.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And how about Naruto? Hahaha

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

@vps6net said: Here is what I can say publicly on this topic:

Dan Frye is the main topic I believe. Where's the connect?

@netomx said: And how about Naruto? Hahaha

He was an honest client, nothing more. Where's taipres in all this?

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member

It would be very hard for taipres to defend now...

• @vps6net said: ServerGurus, LLC will effectively become the parent entity of VPS6.NET

So you are saying once you got exposed you've sold yet another company? :D

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited May 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: So you are saying once you got exposed you've sold yet another company? :D

I apologize if I was unclear. The latter portion of my response was meant to clarify whether ServerGurus' role in VPS6.NET is "just as a vendor."

VPS6.NET has not, nor will it be sold; it will not be "changing hands" in any way, shape, or form. It will retain management and direction identical to its current state.

I will continue to manage VPS6.NET, and I will be here to respond to these posts for as long as you post them. :-)

• @vps6net said: I will continue to manage VPS6.NET, and I will be here to respond to these posts for as long as you post them. :-)

Except your not responding to any of the valid points, your just posting crap that has nothing to do with what your been asked.