Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN service that provides IP's that look like a residential ISP? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN service that provides IP's that look like a residential ISP?

Comments

• iaps said: I am trying to work with them to turn it back on briefly so I can transfer it out.

No backup?

(Anyway, 50$ per month is pretty expensive IMO and i'm not in need of that kind of service.)

• Residential networks that are professionally contracted don't come cheap or every vpn provider would have them. Only data center connections come cheap.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited December 2014

thanks for spamming my email inbox with notifications guys - much appreciated.

• So you're trying to tell me that you can give 1GB/s VPN in Cambodia which looks a bit impossible for me? Or I have misunderstood something?

Thanked by 1tux
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited December 2014

@iaps said:
    My original post was about residential networks and this guy brought the post so off-topic...

I don't really understand it, but I'm curious as to why @William is so upset about VPN services with no infrastructure instantiated in the 'residential networks' they represent.

Maybe he can make a new, hopefully more relaxed thread about his concerns when the ban expires?

• @halczy said:
    iaps It works. Shows up as residential IP on ipleak.net. A bit slow connecting from China, but that's okay. Would like to know more once your site is back up.

That site isn't very accurate. I saw a level3 IP address classified as "Residential." It does show up as Telecom Italia though, which is good for websites that try to "proxy detect" using whitelist / blacklist for organizations.

• For the moment, please do not pay much attention to my website. I put up a 2 month old backup on the new ddos-resistant network and I have yet to update it yet. Its something I'm working on in the next few hours.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited December 2014

@kerouac said:
    So you waved around your bandick for personal reasons, great. He's OVHing? OMG. Like anyone would bother coming down to Graz, LOL. And are the BMF and the BMASK or the AMS aware of your company in Bermuda when they pay your Arbeitslosengeld? This whole thread was actually a reverse interrogation operation by the Austrian Federal Government. Expect agents at your door in the next minute. Good thing I'm not employed by you ;-)

Whilst it may not take any effort at all to single out someone who had already provided their full name, address, and affiliations...

• Apologies for the delay. Our site is back to normal now and all categories, both residential services and data center services are now available. I appreciate everyone's patience.

• Thanks guys, I enjoyed this thread.

See you for round #2 in a week or so..

• I don't see what the controversy is. @William just wanted to fight for some reason. He thought he knew all the networks we operated, and he was wrong and refused to admit it. When proven wrong, he did everything possible to avoid taking responsibility for his actions. What we do with our data center networks is no different than what OVH has been doing for at least the last 5 or 6 years. However, our residential networks are not under the same networks. Those are totally independent. So @William has nothing to really argue about. And OVH is the largest hosting provider in all of Europe. If he's on such a crusade, why doesn't he attack them as well?

• Promo code for 20% off any category: 4SE2M80KDK

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited December 2014

Removed.

• iapsiaps Member
    edited December 2014

The following list is what we have available in our residential sections:

Andorra - Servei de Telecomunicacions d'Andorra
    Brazil - Companhia de Telecomunicações do Brasil Central (CTBC/Algar Telecom)
    Canada - Bell Canada
    Chile - GTD Internet
    Costa Rica - Radiografica Costarricense (RACSA)
    India - Tata Communications
    Israel - Bezeq International
    Italy - Telecom Italia
    Italy - Tiscali
    Italy - KPNQ West Italia
    Mexico - Iusacell Wireless Broadband
    New Zealand - Voyager Internet
    Norway - Altibox
    Romania - RCS & RDS
    Singapore - Tata Communications
    Slovenia - Tusmobil
    Taiwan - Chunghwa Telecom
    United Arab Emirates - Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@iaps said:
    The following list is what we have available in our residential sections:

Do you have test IPs available for those locations?

Thanked by 1tux
  • Sure do. Please specify what locations you want test ip's from.

• Doesn't a dedicated IP that can be traced back to your name defeat the purpose of a VPN?

Seeing a member threatening another member with a ban.. and a moderator telling not to "demand" transparency... wtf. Obviously means he doesn't want to tell.

• @4n0nx said:
    Doesn't a dedicated IP that can be traced back to your name defeat the purpose of a VPN?

Some grown ups use "residential" VPNs on exotic locations for reasons other than "anonymity".

edited December 2014

@4n0nx said:
    Doesn't a dedicated IP that can be traced back to your name defeat the purpose of a VPN?

This would depend on your purposes, I use VPN daily on dedicated IPs, not for anonymity but for security.

A non-dedicated IP can be traced back to you anyway, don't be fooled.

• @4n0nx said:

An extremely small amount of people actually use a vpn for "anonymity." Most folks that buy vpn's, in my nearly 8 years of providing these services, have a very specific purpose for buying vpn's such as for watching tv from their home countries while living in another country physically, the flag collectors, poker players, gamers, etc. A very small amount of people actually buy them for anonymity.

• iaps said: An extremely small amount of people actually use a vpn for "anonymity." Most folks that buy vpn's, in my nearly 8 years of providing these services, have a very specific purpose for buying vpn's such as for watching tv from their home countries while living in another country physically, the flag collectors, poker players, gamers, etc. A very small amount of people actually buy them for anonymity.

how do you know?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 8 years of talking with clients that purchase them.

@tommy said:
    how do you know?

Most of the VPNs are used on the enterprise, that's a fact. The "anonymity" lies are just a recent marketing strategy.

Thanked by 2tommy vRozenSch00n
  • deadbeef said: Some grown ups use "residential" VPNs on exotic locations for reasons other than "anonymity".

Why exclude yourself from that group? ;)

@Nyr said:
    A non-dedicated IP can be traced back to you anyway, don't be fooled.

Not with VPN providers that have had admins sent to jail, because they were unable to give out any logs.

I have never had a problem with non residential IP addresses, any example for where you really need one?

edited December 2014

4n0nx said: Not with VPN providers that have had admins sent to jail, because they were unable to give out any logs.

Hahaha keep dreaming.

4n0nx said: I have never had a problem with non residential IP addresses, any example for where you really need one?

Fraud scores while buying online, Hulu and other streaming services, etc... I use datacenter IPs and mostly is fine, but occasionally there's a problem with some service managed by not-too-bright administrators which block users from what they believe are not residential networks.

• Nyr said: Hahaha keep dreaming.

Why so arrogant? It seems you have not heard of perfect-privacy and the like, just search for their history with German law enforcement. Their servers were taken and no one was convicted, I call that privacy.

• Just because the media didn't follow up and report on what the outcome was, is no reason to claim that Perfect Privacy didn't cooperate or that there was no conviction. I have yet to see any vpn administrator go to jail for a client that committed fraud on their networks.

• 4n0nx said: and a moderator telling not to "demand" transparency... wtf. Obviously means he doesn't want to tell.

No, it means 'be polite and ask nicely' rather than demanding the information like it's your right to know.

• @4n0nx said:
    Why exclude yourself from that group? ;)

When you learn to read, you'll understand that I did not :)

4n0nx said: It seems you have not heard of

It seems you have not heard of (for example) data retention laws which most datacenters in Europe need to comply with. There are plenty of ways a nation state can pinpoint users on the Internet.

This discussion has been closed.