Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN service that provides IP's that look like a residential ISP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN service that provides IP's that look like a residential ISP?

Mark_RMark_R Member

Hello,

I wonder if there are any vpn services out there that focus on appearing like a residential ISP to fool people in thinking that you are not using a VPN/Server to cover up your home (ISP) IP.

I'm not sure if something like this exists, it might be like a special poker vpn? blacklogic.com used to provide this and it might be what i'm looking for?

If any of you guys know of a service like this please, feel free to drop a link.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member

the hostnames of the ip's all contain opengw.net, this is not stealth and not looking like a residential IP.

thanks anyways!

• impimp Member
    edited May 2014

Have you ever used it? try it first.It shows residential IP. after connecting.

Thanked by 2Mark_R iriO
  • I am expecting suspecting words coming into this thread.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@imp said:
    Have you ever used it? try it first.It shows residential IP.

Yea, I should've done a normal traceroute first, the site shows "opengw.net" in the hostname tables, it got me confused.

Thanks! this is what i'm looking for.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

Wow, can't believe that vpngate is free. I'd pay for something like that.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@1e10 said:
    Wow, can't believe that vpngate is free. I'd pay for something like that.

Yes, I would too. I'm still looking for server providers that offer this for better network speeds. vpngate.net looks like a voluntary site, no guarantees can be made.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Mark_R said: Yes, I would too. I'm still looking for server providers that offer this for better network speeds. vpngate.net looks like a voluntary site, no guarantees can be made.

I don't think you could get it from a site that's not volunteer-based.

Thanked by 2Mark_R colingpt
  • impimp Member

Finding a server provider that offer internet connection of residential is hard.I use VPNGATE to manage my paypal account,And it works perfect.

Thanked by 2Mark_R iriO
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@perennate said:
    I don't think you could get it from a site that's not volunteer-based.

No offense but I really hope that you are wrong right now. I can imagine that a service like this exists but it probably doesn't come cheap.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Mark_R said: No offense but I really hope that you are wrong right now. I can imagine that a service like this exists but it probably doesn't come cheap.

It seems like only way to make it look residential is to have it actually be with residential ISP (otherwise rDNS wouldn't work the other way and BGP would show issues), and in that case a legitimate company wouldn't really be able to do it since that would probably violate ISP ToS.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Not VPN providers directly, but SecureDragon in the US and EDIS in LI can offer you residential IPs IIRC.

• awsonawson Member

vpngate is great apart from the fact they make your user-agent traceable when using HTTP

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

Mark_R said: the hostnames of the ip's all contain opengw.net, this is not stealth and not looking like a residential IP.

they don't that's just the connection url. they are indeed residential isp's.

sounds like someone's torrenting has been blocked?

http://torrentfreak.com/public-bittorrent-trackers-ban-piracy-monitoring-outfits-140523/

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Nyr said:
    Not VPN providers directly, but SecureDragon in the US and EDIS in LI can offer you residential IPs IIRC.

Could you link to such offer or is it more like "on request" ?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Mark_R said: Could you link to such offer or is it more like "on request" ?

EDIS is only using residential IPs in LI if I remember correctly, but check with them to be sure.

SecureDragon, ask them. They were acquiring addresses some weeks ago, not sure about how they plan to use them.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@TarZZ92 said:

this topic has nothing to do with torrenting. but tbh I don't see why anyone would use public trackers instead of private ones these days.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

I can offer dedicated servers with multi-residential IP in Japan and China, in which you can change the IP whenever you like with an one-click software... Maybe in the future I will offer this kind of VPN.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Hello,
    please contact [email protected] - we definitely have more options available.
    Cheers, Gerhard @EDIS

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@ExPl0ReR said:
    Hello,
    please contact [email protected] - we definitely have more options available.
    Cheers, Gerhard EDIS

email sent, thank you.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Sorry to bump this old thread, but it's been getting a lot of attention lately and I would like to clarify that Secure Dragon does not offer VPSs or VPNs with residential IPs. We were looking into this at one point but we do not feel comfortable with the ISP's method of handling abuse so we decided against this.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Your neighbors unsecure wifi

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

nexmark said: Your neighbors unsecure wifi

There are plenty with "secure" WEP or WDS, around my house i managed to contact almost all neighbors to remove WDS and WEP from default wifi routers. Romtelecom is irresponsible to ship routers with WEP on by default.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • vpngate just community, not a real VPN, bit straight play online with someone else residental IP..

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Seems great for fraud!

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited November 2014

imp said: I use VPNGATE to manage my paypal account,And it works perfect.

Till other100 unsuspected folks log into Paypal from same IP trough vpngate, they lock all forever :D

Thanked by 2Fusl tux
  • Threads should be automatically locked after not receiving any new posts in x days. I'm done with this.

• Actually there is a vpn provider that does provide pure residential vpn's. Thats me. I've been in the vpn game for the past 8 years now and starting in late 2014 I began offering residential vpn's, remote desktops, and sshv2 accounts. I contract directly with isp's, so there is always a guarantee of service and uptime. This is not a volunteer network, this is a professionally maintained service.

You can see our locations and service areas here: https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/cart.php

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • You are just doing WHPIS tricks, fuck off.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • *WHOIS

This discussion has been closed.