Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linux Tech - Job opening
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linux Tech - Job opening

CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
edited May 2012 in General

Hey guys,

Not sure if there is a best department for this, but currently I have a job opening for another company that I'm involved in for a Linux/Windows Tech Support.

Basic Job spec is below:

=========================================================================

We are looking for a person with the following skills / knowledge

• Cpanel
  • Plesk
  • Windows
  • Cloud Technologies

You should have a good level of skill, however this is an entry level position and therefore being an expert in these areas is not required.

This position will require telephone work and therefore we are only accepting applications from people who speak English as a first language.

Work will be shift based and 5 days per week. Start time would be 1pm PST.

PM me if interested and we will talk more. Pay will be based on experience

Comments

• Your looking for a Linux Tech thats has skills and knowledge in Windows?

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@Daniel,

Basically a Tech that has either good linux experience and knows a little windows or good windows experience but knows a little linux.

I'm not sure we would find someone with great experience of both :)

@Jack

Shifts are 8 hours.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@httpzoom said: This position will require telephone work and therefore we are only accepting applications from people who speak English as a first language.

I know many people who speak English as a second language, yet speak it far better then those who speak it as a first language. I think you should look for people who are fluent and clear in English, since even some people who have it as a first language can barely speak it.

Sorry, I'm picking out parts from your post :P.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: I know many people who speak English as a second language, yet speak it far better then those who speak it as a first language.

*raises hand*

• gsxgsx Member

@httpzoom I might be interested. Can you PM me some more information?

• DamianDamian Member

Is this remote-only, or would it require relocation?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

any idea on the pay range?

This is remote only.

Native speakers only is required for the position.

Pay will be base on experience and will be competitive.

Ideally we are looking for someone who wants a career working with a forward thinking company working with and helping to develop cloud platforms.

I'll catch up with PMs in the next few hours.

• DamianDamian Member

Well, that's disappointing. Was of the time of day that it would be a good additional income for me while we're trying to buy a house.

@Damian

Unfortunately we are not looking for someone who requires additional income. We need someone who is going to look at the job as a career and develop with our company.

Thank you.

@Liam,

Believe it or not in one day of posting on LET I've had far more capable people matching the requirements of the role than in 2 weeks of WHT!

However you may be right in regards to posting an add to gain a job.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@httpzoom - What insurance/benefits are offered to employees? And how does your company handle tax withholding?

• @Aldryic said: @httpzoom - What insurance/benefits are offered to employees? And how does your company handle tax withholding?

I don't think UK companies offer free health insurance because of the NHS. I could be wrong.

• jhjh Member

@Daniel said: I don't think UK companies offer free health insurance because of the NHS. I could be wrong.

Generally, yes.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: I don't think UK companies offer free health insurance because of the NHS. I could be wrong.

Health insurance/etc isn't free (normally) here either. But most companies on this side of the pond provide insurance for employees at a fairly decent rate.

(Just to clarify if the two questions I chose weren't enough, I was merely curious as to if this was a 'legit' job, or an under-the-table type thing)

• exussumexussum Member

Yeah over in the UK its fairly common for employers to give you health care. Especially in the larger industries pretty much everyone gets it then. Where I used to work it was Person + up to 3 family members included with a discounted rate for others

• @Aldryic said: Health insurance/etc isn't free (normally) here either. But most companies on this side of the pond provide insurance for employees at a fairly decent rate.

Ah, ok.

@exussum said: Yeah over in the UK its fairly common for employers to give you health care. Especially in the larger industries pretty much everyone gets it then. Where I used to work it was Person + up to 3 family members included with a discounted rate for others

I don't think its fairly common, at the end of the day why bother paying for health care if you get it free.

• AdamAdam Member

@Daniel said: I don't think its fairly common, at the end of the day why bother paying for health care if you get it free.

There's a big difference between private and public care

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: I was merely curious as to if this was a 'legit' job, or an under-the-table type thing

Which is your preference?

• exussumexussum Member

@Daniel said: I don't think its fairly common, at the end of the day why bother paying for health care if you get it free.

As @Adam said, Huge difference. NHS have stupid waiting lists. Dad needed his Gall bladded out a few years back - NHS 8 Month waiting list, + little aftercare. Private he could get it done the day after, And solid aftercare. Its in the employers best interest you return to work much quicker etc.

But were slightly off topic now ...

• AldryicAldryic Member

@miTgiB said: Which is your preference?

I suppose that would depend on what I want to tell the taxman :3

• specklspeckl Member

@Aldryic said: (Just to clarify if the two questions I chose weren't enough, I was merely curious as to if this was a 'legit' job, or an under-the-table type thing)

@Aldryic said: I suppose that would depend on what I want to tell the taxman :3

So what your saying is that you prefer to work for "under-the-table" type of businesses?

• AldryicAldryic Member

@speckl said: So what your saying is that you prefer to work for "under-the-table" type of businesses?

No, those are the words you're trying to put into my mouth. Nice try though :3

• specklspeckl Member

@Aldryic said: No, those are the words you're trying to put into my mouth. Nice try though :3

So does this mean that Frantech is a registered business?

• AldryicAldryic Member

You mean the company that I volunteer at? :3

It's no secret that my 'day job' is at Coca-Cola Bottling. Perhaps next time you should do some research before trying to snipe at someone <3

• @Adam said: There's a big difference between private and public care

True,

• AldryicAldryic Member

@liam said: Do you get free cola?

Not always, but I do pay far less than what you'd find in a store. 0,25$ for a 20oz (little over a halflitre), close-dated cases for 2,00$.

@Aldryic this is an above board legit business who pay tax and are based in the USA.

We have both contract staff and full time staff working for the company right now.

At the moment we do not provide health care, but this is something being looked at in the future.

• AldryicAldryic Member

Aaah, OK. Please don't misunderstand from my dialogue with your staff member here, I'm not questioning your company, was just honestly curious =P

Aldryic,

This isn't for HTTP Zoom. It's for a completely different company.

@speckl is not a staff member of HTTP Zoom. He owns part :)

This discussion has been closed.