Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH?

RandyRandy Member
edited May 2012 in General

i have sent my details for like a week or so, and have not gotten any response from them.. any idea what is up?

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

Phone them up and ask what's taking so long, or open a ticket in the manager.

Can't see why everyone hates OVH, my experience with them has actually been pretty good.

• RandyRandy Member

okay, but i can only register/order via ovh,com due to my restrictions(country) so which support should i call? ovh.ie?

i can only speak english. i did emailed them they just keep telling me to wait,

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

Check your OVH order confirmation email.

For example the UK one lists..

OVH.co.uk
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Tel: 020 7357 6616

@Randy said: i did emailed them they just keep telling me to wait,

No further explanation?

• RandyRandy Member

i did not order anything, they told me to fax my details first for vaildation and to know the charges of the VAT

• flyfly Member

yeah it takes a long time. also keep in mind i dont think their customer support work weekends.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited May 2012

how long did they take? you seem to have dealt with them, mind sharing?

• @Dionysus said: They dealt with my order within one business day. How? I called their office and made sure they validated my ID and electricity bill. They're pretty helpful. Where'd you order your server: ovh.ie or .com?

I never had to submit my ID or any bill when I brought a server at OVH.

• markjccmarkjcc Member

OVH is really tight with payments if its the first time they ask you to fax in or verify some documents.
    have you done that?

• AsadAsad Member

For their UK site, I had the server setup within two hours after making the order. No verification needed, they even called me to ask how everything was going.

Verification might only be required for high risk orders, or might be the policy of ovh.com.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@AsadHaider said: Verification might only be required for high risk orders, or might be the policy of ovh.com.

Depends where your from.

If your from the European Economic Area, then they have no reason to question you.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@AsadHaider said: Can't see why everyone hates OVH, my experience with them has actually been pretty good.

It's not so much that everyone hates OVH, it's that we cringe every time we see another "host" thinking they can make quick money from the lowend market just by picking up an OVH account and reselling.

• FreekFreek Member

What @Aldryic says.
    They even provide OS Templates to configure your dedicated server as VPS node. Just a few clicks away from starting 'your own VPS provider'

• AsadAsad Member

Reselling off an OVH server is pretty bad.

I've had a box with them for around a year now, never had a single issue or network outage and the servers uptime is at a few months. Even with that said, I'd still never host anything critical or for my business on there as they're a budget provider at the end of the day.

• markjccmarkjcc Member

@AsadHaider said: For their UK site, I had the server setup within two hours after making the order. No verification needed, they even called me to ask how everything was going.

Verification might only be required for high risk orders, or might be the policy of ovh.com.

I ordered from ovh.ie
    Uk and ovh.com wont allow US customers

• SpiritSpirit Member

@Freek said: They even provide OS Templates to configure your dedicated server as VPS node. Just a few clicks away from starting 'your own VPS provider'

Contrary to popular belief there's only few OVH LEB hosts :) and their number can't be compared with standard LEB vps locations (ie. Wholesale Internet Kansas City, etc..)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2012

Not that I want to start an argument, cause it really doesn't matter overall to me, but there are a good amount of OVH hosts. Maybe not listed here, but look on WHT and some other venues... you will find many.

Also one of the reasons you may not see so many of them on your sources could be they keep going out of business.

Could also be what you consider to be a few, I counted at first glance at least 10-12 on LEB alone. You will find many more on WHT. (At least another 3-5 if not more) Few to me is like 2-3, not 15-20. So maybe that is where we disagree.

There are a lot of Wholesales, Limestone Networks, Qudranet, and Pnap LEBS as well, agreed. This is why I am always encouraging companies to find new fresh locations, much like Edis has. I am always looking for new locations to try out.

Correct me if I am wrong.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited May 2012

yeah... they told me to send my details over. i did and which is the first thing i do.

• RandyRandy Member

i am thinking of giving them a call, which phone should i call? ie? or UK?

• AsadAsad Member

@Randy said: i am thinking of giving them a call, which phone should i call? ie? or UK?

Probably best giving ovh.ie a call if it's them who you've dealt with.

• RandyRandy Member

well, i dont know there is any need to call them

Hello Randy,

Your account ###-ovh has been validated. Now you can place your orders at ovh.com.

• RandyRandy Member

now i am , screwed. i cannot understand a single word on ovh, google translate fail much

• AldryicAldryic Member

Why would you want to sign up and do business with a company if you're not familiar with their posted language? O_o

• RandyRandy Member

i am only allowed to order via ovh.com sadly. i am reselling thats why

• AsadAsad Member

@Randy said: i am only allowed to order via ovh.com sadly. i am reselling thats why

Call them up and place an order.

• RandyRandy Member

i can actually call them up (english and tell to order for me?)

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Randy, it's worth a try!

It might be worth loading an English version of the site (.ie, .co.uk) and the French (.com) side by side, so you can do rough translations.

• RandyRandy Member

well. just a minute, when i place an order they will call me and verify??

• pcanpcan Member

Ovh never asked me to verify identity, but I always ordered as company, and the VAT code is a verification by itself.
    As side note, yesterday Oles (OVH's founder and managing director) posted on the OVH forum (in french language, of course) useful news about prices and start of service on the Canadian Beauharnois datacenter. It also posted links to pictures of the first server racks. The link is here: http://forum.kimsufi.fr/showthread.php?t=9957

• Us is high-risk according to them.

Sucks

• laaevlaaev Member

@bijan588 said: Us is high-risk according to them.

I know, makes no sense at all...