Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True Failover providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

True Failover providers?

wychwych Member

Are there any true failover providers?

HA etc. included.

Ideally in LET pricing as for testing and idea for a SAS, but can go higher.

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2014

iwstack (cloudstack)
    forthcloud (virtuozzo cloud)
    lunanode (openstack)
    virtua realm (onapp)

• wychwych Member

@serverian said:
    iwstack (openstack)
    forthcloud (virtuozzo cloud)
    lunanode (openstack)
    virtua realm (onapp)

Nice list, cheers matey!

• Joe_NQJoe_NQ Member

@serverian iwStack is based on CloudStack :)

@wych You might want to check out CloudVPS. They launched their OpenStack services today, starting at 7.50€ for 1 GB. I participated in their beta and was quite pleased with their custom panel and overall performance. Their regular servers and network already have a great reputation.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Joe_NQ said: @serverian iwStack is based on CloudStack :)

This :)
    We give full access to the UI, but there are some things that are limited by the payment model, for example, you need a special account to use projects and have multiple users with various rights, for that you need to contact us in advance to make some kind of a special deal.

• @Maounique said:
    We give full access to the UI, but there are some things that are limited by the payment model, for example, you need a special account to use projects and have multiple users with various rights, for that you need to contact us in advance to make some kind of a special deal.

Lucky me, I guess ;-)

What's the advantage of having projects? Is it only the users you can create?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

No, you can also set special rights, but the whole thing is more complex: http://blogs.clogeny.com/cloudstack-3-0-projects-demystified/

This is only needed for power users, mostly.

Thanked by 1wych