Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DedicatedMinds (SturdyVM) Offline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DedicatedMinds (SturdyVM) Offline

Steven_FSteven_F Member
edited May 2014 in Providers

Again... They've been offline since like 5:15 PM EST.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

We need a tumb button.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • stokestoke Member

Confirmed, my VPS & control panel are down. Client portal is up.

• @stoke said:
    Confirmed, my VPS & control panel are down. Client portal is up.

Yeah, I just realized they rebranded to SturdyVM. The SturdyVM site is online.

• SunnSunn Member

All is favor, for a Host complaint section? Say "I" , as the review sections don't cut it.

• petrispetris Member

Sounds like their new home isn't that sturdy.

• RobJudRobJud Member

So, I just checked and my vps is back up. And it looks like it was never shut down, since the screen session that I had running on it is still running. I don't know what was going on, but I do know that there was a major thunderstorm in NJ yesterday night and earlier today, so maybe that had something to do with it?

In either case, SturdyVM has not responded to the ticket I created earlier today regarding this issue. I haven't checked if my client portal is working, but as for right now, the vps is working, so i'm satisfied.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@RobJud said:
    So, I just checked and my vps is back up. And it looks like it was never shut down

Network issues > node issues?

• RyanDRyanD Member

@wych said:
    Network issues > node issues.

There have been no network events at the COLO@ Weehawken location.

• wychwych Member

@RyanD said:

Fair enough.

• My VPS main IP mysteriously changed -.-

• wychwych Member

@Gerrard8 said:
    My VPS main IP mysteriously changed -.-

To a complete different range?

• RobJudRobJud Member

@wych said:
    @RyanD said:

Fair enough.

I see. Well that was just a guess. I have no idea then.

• From welcome email:

Main IP: 5.xxx.xx.xx

SturdyVM Client portal:

IP Address: 5.xxx.xx.xx

Dedicated minds control panel:

78.xxx.xxx.xxx

Bit of a joke tbh. Opened a ticket few days ago about OpenVPN no longer working had no response.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Looks like mine wasn't shutdown either. I had some applications open and they are still there. Was this just a network issue? I didn't experience those IP changes that others have mentioned.

• @Jack said:
    What location?

UK - however my VPS now appears to be on node CVZ1 which it wasn't on last week.

• Gerrard8Gerrard8 Member
    edited May 2014
     [root> @vpnuk ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 44
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz
    stepping        : 2
    cpu MHz         : 2266.173
    cache size      : 12288 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 12
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 6
    apicid          : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 11
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes lahf_lm ida arat epb dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
    bogomips        : 4532.34
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor       : 1
    physical id     : 1
    core id         : 0
    apicid          : 32
    initial apicid  : 32
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes lahf_lm ida arat epb dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
    bogomips        : 4531.59
    power management:

processor       : 2
    physical id     : 0
    core id         : 8
    apicid          : 16
    initial apicid  : 16
    bogomips        : 4532.34
    power management:

processor       : 3
    physical id     : 1
    core id         : 8
    apicid          : 48
    initial apicid  : 48
    bogomips        : 4531.59
    power management:

• Not sure of the tag to put it in a code format, sorry.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Gerrard8 said:
    Not sure of the tag to put it in a code format, sorry.

<.pre><./pre>

• @Gerrard8

Use the < pre>< /pre> tags (take the spaces out).

• Cheers - I'm a vBulletin user and usually use a [code][/code] format with that. Not very familiar with Vanilla.

• Ticket opened on 22/05/2014 22:44 still not replied to.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Steven_F said:
    Ticket opened on 22/05/2014 22:44 still not replied to.

If you haven't already, check to see if they've suspended your ticket; they did that to me a number of times without advising why.

• J1021J1021 Member

Wow, what kind of host just moves to your VM to a new location with a new IP and doesn't even bother to inform the customer.

• hcazhcaz Member

My VM with Dedicateminds / SturdyVM has now had over 80 hours downtime with no warning because they were applying fixes to the kernel, i have sent over 20 messages it them and only had one response, none of which makes sense.
    My VM is running i just cant gain access to it, i am getting a refund because i had important emails going missing because this server is off. It even seems they have taken the weekend of even with most of there servers seemingly off in the UK (Two of which are mine).
    What a joke.

• @Nekki said:
    If you haven't already, check to see if they've suspended your ticket; they did that to me a number of times without advising why.

I did check and it was marked as Open. At this point, I don't really care. It's just a bit absurd. I'm using it as a dev. environment, but I'll be moving that shortly to someone more reliable. It's only a few dollars down the drain, but I don't like being taken advantage of.

• Just note that if anyone from DedicatedMinds have a dedicated server hosted with us and do need any help, please contact us directly via https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php

• RobJudRobJud Member

Just an update for you guys, they did respond to my ticket about two days after I made it. Here's what it said:

Hi Robert,
    Apologies we faced a network related problem last night the issue has been resolved we shouldn't see it pop up again.

A credit of 3 days has been applied to your account please let me know if I can help any further.

Kindest Regards,
    Reece Chroftes
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dedicated Minds Limited

In case any of you were interested. Cheers.

• wychwych Member

@RobJud said:
    Just an update for you guys, they did respond to my ticket about two days after I made it. Here's what it said:

In case any of you were interested. Cheers.

Dedicated Minds Limited... I thought they rebranded?

• wych said: Dedicated Minds Limited... I thought they rebranded?

When you change your name only goal is to hide from the terrible reports over the past few months in google I guess not a lot of thought goes into company structure.

• wychwych Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    When you change your name only goal is to hide from the terrible reports over the past few months in google I guess not a lot of thought goes into company structure.

That seems silly to goto all that hassle and not change the small things, as now Dedicated Minds is in this thread as text anyway to anyone searching in recency/last few months.