Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with BASH script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with BASH script

KoHoNeZKoHoNeZ Member
edited May 2012 in Help

Hey guys! first at all sorry for my bad english :/

I'm trying to make a BASH script to open Chrome/Chromium from terminal, this is my script:

#!/bin/bash while read proxy ; do /opt/google/chrome/chrome --proxy-server=\"$proxy\"; sleep 15 pkill chrome sleep 1 done< proxy.txt

It read a proxy list from a txt file (ip:port) and put it as parameter, then, open the browser every 15sec with a new proxy ip.
do you know a way to make it work?

Thank you!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Doesn't wget or curl support http proxies?

• bretonbreton Member

What doesn't work? Where does it fail?

@KoHoNeZ said: /opt/google/chrome/chrome --proxy-server=\"$proxy\"; sleep 15

[vanga mode]chrome does not release the console and script thinks that chrome is not finished yet? Chrome cannot be launched without X?[/vanga mode]

• rds100rds100 Member

@breton how do you know about vanga?

• KoHoNeZKoHoNeZ Member

I'm using JWM..

• KoHoNeZKoHoNeZ Member
    edited May 2012

Well, Chrome open every 15sec but don't take the --proxy-server"ip:port" parameter.. if i put an echo before the "/opt/google/chrome/chrome --proxy-server=\"$proxy\";" it show it perfectly on the terminal..

if i put manually /opt/google/chrome/chrome --proxy-server=\"$proxy\"; in the terminal it work perfectly.