Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TacticalVPS busted node in LA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TacticalVPS busted node in LA

Looks like TacticalVPS has a busted node and I'd bet it's the one hosting their website. Node "Recon" in L.A. has been down for around 16 hours.

This is the first significant outage I've seen on the VPS I have on it for name service & nagios.

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

Busted in what way?

• impimp Member

Blast?

Thanked by 1iriO
  • joshinjoshin Member

At a minimum, offline. Beyond that, heck if I know. I'm just a client.

• joshinjoshin Member

@imp: Recon.

• J1021J1021 Member

Busted to me makes me think the feds took it or something.

• owner be back soon his wife passaway 1 week ago

Thanked by 2netomx joshin
  • joshinjoshin Member
    edited May 2014

@1e10 Hmmm. * DISCONNECTED *

• joshinjoshin Member

@casper253 Ouch. (If true,) That sucks big time. I know I'd be non-functional for a long time were that to happen.

They've been a solid host so far. And really, given the price and service so far, I have no complaints.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Should have saved recon.tacticalvps.net for the monitoring node.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • sleddogsleddog Member

joshin said: Ouch. (If true,) That sucks big time. I know I'd be non-functional for a long time were that to happen.

It's true, I was told in a support ticket. So maybe we should give Tactical some time...

Thanked by 1joshin
  • SunnSunn Member
    edited May 2014
  • My condolences @Ian_

Thanked by 2Mark_R Infinity
  • yywudiyywudi Member
    edited May 2014

yeah, i've submit a ticket after 10mins down, and send PM in LET to @Ian_ but it's now downtime over 24 hours, i didn't get any response. i don't know how long time should i wait

EDIT:

@casper253 said:
    owner be back soon his wife passaway 1 week ago

Oh what a pity... i thought months ago @Ian_ said his brother was "being on his death bed." now his wife. if all true, i hope @Ian_ could be strong-willed to get back to the normal life.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited May 2014

@yywudi said:

I am off to rescue! Await my return!

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited May 2014

@Sunn said:
    I am off to rescue! Await my return!

this is the message from @Ian_ ? if not pls don't take it as a joke.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

yywudi said: i thought months ago @Ian_ said his brother was "being on his death bed." now his wife. if all true, i hope @Ian_ could be strong-willed to get back to the normal life.

Assuming that's true --

That's awful - my condolences to Ian.

• berkayberkay Member

My condolences @Ian_

• joshinjoshin Member
    edited May 2014

Damn. I was hoping casper253 was BSing us. My condolences to @lan_!

Yeah, um... No rush on fixing the machine.

• rostinrostin Member
    edited May 2014

As far as I know they have a technical support named Fahad, and he was able to migrate my VPS, so I think at least he should aware about this issue and notify their clients what's going on.

My condolences @Ian_

• Has anyone heard any news on this yet?

• trexostrexos Member

Website is down as well :/

• namhuynamhuy Member

another summer host?

• @namhuy said:
    another summer host?

Read.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

namhuy said: another summer host?

Re-read the thread, then decide if you still want to make that pithy comment.

Thanked by 2Infinity Maximum_VPS
  • Control panel and Kansas VPS is still up for me, good thing as it was used for critical stuff! Good luck to all.

• tdc_admtdc_adm Member

I see that Ian is very inactive these days. I'm a his client also. Hope he comes back soon.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

Quite sad what has happened and the circumstances he is in. Something like this would knock anyone out for a while so I can understand he has other priorites at the moment.

For the customers ...this is one of the risks of having one man run the show...

• Guys, Ians wife died. He is not around. I was around but now i have no control over many things. So i can't help or do anything. Sorry.