Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will lowendtalk bring in rules to stop people being so rude on peoples posts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will lowendtalk bring in rules to stop people being so rude on peoples posts?

Just wondering if there is any plans to stop people from being so rude and negative on peoples posts? Generally meaning it would be nice if people did not comment on peoples posts with such rude and inappropriate remarks, this may even be a form of online bullying in a sense when it is a ongoing bashing or trolling of users.

Thanked by 1agentmishra

Comments

• jhjh Member
    edited May 2014

I think we need to do more to discourage inexperienced members from starting "companies" in their bedroom. This community can at times be very negative but it has been very patient with you.

• Most people on this site are smart, they only act rude when the post or the poster is ridiculous, scam, spam, idiotic, etc.

• @Jack said:
    No, you nobhead.

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

jhadley said: but it has been very patient with you.

Are you referring to me?

• StevieStevie Member

You cant blame some of these people for acting the way they do, it is unprofessional but think about it, if you dont know what you are doing and then post a vps offer of: 5 gig ram/500 gig hd space/unlimited bandwidth vps for $3 a month, you are basically taken customers away from them, and then we will hear customers complaining that your service is shit blah blah and then the host runs away blah blah - LET has had a crap load of this - so yea they get annoyed.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • sz1hosting said: Are you referring to me?

umm, of course

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

Jack said: What about my dining room? Can I start one there?

If the Wi-Fi connection reaches - why the fuck not?

• DavidxDavidx Member

@Jack said:
    What about my dining room? Can I start one there?

I think the garage would be better. If you run your own "organic homemade servers" saying a car ran into the data center is better than "well I spilled my beverage on the server"

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

Jack said: I'll just do a CC and have some messy RJ45's running from my bedroom to my dining room...

Who said VPS had to have external network connectivity? They can be server for 127.0.0.1.

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

texteditor said: sz1hosting said: Are you referring to me?

If you was referring to me i am not a kid, the community has been patient with you selling your start up company software from a shed.

Any further insults i will not reply too, as it does not help in any ways adding fuel to the fire.

• At least when it comes to kids getting a head of themselves starting premature hosting companies, we should try to be patient with them. We don't have to purchase services from them, but we can at least demonstrate how grownups should act instead of just telling them to grow up.

Racist, sexist, homophobic remarks should not be tolerated.

Thanked by 2sz1hosting Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

This one's panned out much as I expected...

• I think the overall attitude of people on WHT is much better than on here, but you have to remember more people on WHT are probably older and most people on here are no doubt kids.

• DeanDean Member

It irritates me sometimes to see name calling (even when both parties are doing it to each other). It just makes me close my browser window. I see it and think "Wow, they run a company", or "wow, they are XYorZ".. and then i'm like why do I bother coming here.

• J1021J1021 Member

Jack said: I'll just do a CC and have some messy RJ45's running from my bedroom to my dining room...

Oh wow. Atleast at your home you'll have 24/7 onsite staff.

• NateN34NateN34 Member

Welcome to the internet. Stop being such a panzy.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hostnoob said: most people on here are no doubt kids

I think we actually disproved that with the 'how old are you' thread didn't we? I think the majority are in 25-35 bracket.

• J1021J1021 Member

David_P said: I think the garage would be better. If you run your own "organic homemade servers" saying a car ran into the data center is better than "well I spilled my beverage on the server"

What is the misses needs a plug for the vacuum?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • @hostnoob said:
    I think the overall attitude of people on WHT is much better than on here, but you have to remember more people on WHT are probably older and most people on here are no doubt kids.

90% of WHT's members are either providing web hosting or working for a company which provides web hosting. 75% of LET are consumers.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    I think we actually disproved that with the 'how old are you' thread didn't we? I think the majority are in 25-35 bracket.

Oh, no idea

@serverian said:
    90% of WHT's members are either providing web hosting or working for a company which provides web hosting. 75% of LET are consumers.

One thing I noticed though is that a lot of companies don't really take cheap shots at others on WHT, but it seems to be the norm for a lot of companies here (not that it's a huge problem for me, since it helps me weed out the companies to never use) so I can kinda see the OP's point

• @DeanClinton said:
    I see it and think "Wow, they run a company", or "wow, they are XYorZ".. and then i'm like why do I bother coming here.

It helps me figure out which companies not to go with.

• We have these two rules already

*No racism, threatening people, and so on. These are bannable offences!
    *Respect! We are all human beings, we all make mistakes and we all have different opinions. A failure to be respectfull can result in a temporary ban or, eventually, a permanent one.

We also have the unwritten "don't be a knob head".

i think they're broad enough. If you don't like peoples replies in all your threads then maybe it's time to look at the content you are posting.

Thanked by 2deptadapt Mark_R
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Did somebody say "No! Fuck you!" already?

Thanked by 2netomx ihatetonyy
  • @deptadapt said:
    It helps me figure out which companies not to go with.

Reading, for example, sz1hosting's posts have convinced me not to ever go with him.

Sometimes silence is golden

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • texteditor said: Reading, for example, sz1hosting's posts have convinced me not to ever go with him.

Well to be fair there are only a handful of companies here that I would give my money too.

Thanked by 1texteditor
  • I would like to see some similar rules as webhostingtalk concerning negative comments.

Have you seen the way they ban over there? It's almost as if they have a ban key on the keyboard.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I've only been a part of this forum for five months, but I've already seen more rude comments than I can count. In all fairness, the majority of them were in response to posts that at least had some reason to warrant such comments-- people breaking rules, posting scam offers, making outrageous demands/requests, acting arrogant or aggressive, and so forth.

However, it makes me uncomfortable when people go overboard and don't seem to realize when to stop; at some point it just becomes overkill, especially when someone is genuinely clueless about their needs or the pricing on the market. I had absolutely no idea what the pricing is like for the low end when I first started out, what sort of specs can I expect for such and such price, etc., and while I understand it can be very frustrating to see the same sort of "I'd like a 3GB RAM KVM for $5/month or less" posts popping up - especially for old timers here - I think newbies should be given some slack.

It's hard to figure out how exactly to regulate that though. At what point along the spectrum are you going to decide certain comments are sarcastic but alright and other comments are offensive and rude? What if people are just being blunt in telling a new host that his plans are unsustainable and the new host takes offense?

Thanked by 3jh deptadapt sz1hosting
  • MunMun Member
    edited May 2014

Who needs a hug :D?

Also if you find a comment rude and inappropriate flag it and lovely people like Nekki will destroy their soul with FIRE and ICE O:<
    They be like "Come here MOFO, BEND OVER!!! !insert appropriate comment here!" Enjoy your day.

LOL

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

LET is good, the way it is now. No need for changes.

• ricardoricardo Member

It's just young folk trying to impress their peers with their phenomenal experience, insight and wisdom......

This discussion has been closed.