Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Network Monitor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Network Monitor

plumbergplumberg Veteran

I have a Sonicwall TZ-210 firewall. All computer, routers at my home are connected to that firewall. Have around 15 devices (laptops, server, ipads, cell phones etc).

I want to be able to monitor the internet usage per device. I do not want to see the sites visited.

a. Just something that will give me a graph of internet usage of each device. Something on an yearly/ monthly/ daily/ hourly/ minute basis (per device that is connected).

b. my sonicwall does not allow me to do IP to Hostname conversion (i think). What can I use to see currently connected devices?

Is there a program that i can run and it can capture all the information I need?

Comments

• PRTG Network Monitor, or something from SolarWinds if you are looking for free. Used both on large networks before, and they both have sexy graphs.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@linuxTheFish : Thanks. I looked at both. Seems that they offer way too much that I need. I am not sure if I will get what I want.. just monitor bandwidth from each device in my home network...

• @plumberg said:
    Is there a program that i can run and it can capture all the information I need?

If it supports netflow or sflow, that's your best bet for per-device stats.

nfsen.sourceforge.net/