Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird "lqqqqk" at Yast CLI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weird "lqqqqk" at Yast CLI

waskewaske Member

Hello LET'ers!

I just ordered the i3 plan from Kimsufi. The installation of openSUSE did not need any kind of interaction from my part, it was fully automated. Ofcourse, I immediately tried to connect using Putty. At firts, everything seemed fine. But then I tried to run Yast... It showed all kinds of weird characters instead of smooth lines. You can see what I mean by looking at the screenshot below.

Now what have I done myself to try fix this issue? Well, I have tried to find the solution by using Google but that did not help. I adjusted the language settings using Yast, editing the language file and using a command (something linke LANG=en_US.UTF-8). Putty has not been messed with since the "installation" of it, but I checked if it was using UTF-8 just to be sure.

Could anyone please be so kind to help me fix this unfortunate problem? I would be sooo thankful!

Have a nice day to all!

Comments

• Looks like what most terminal-based type things do. It needs to fill the gaps with something.

• waskewaske Member

@Magiobiwan said:
    Looks like what most terminal-based type things do. It needs to fill the gaps with something.

Thanks for your comment! There should be lines instead of the letters.. Even the searchboxes are filled with q's.. I really do not think it's supposed to be that way, because my home pc with openSUSE installed on it does not show those q's. Even when I connect through SSH (putty).

• vedranvedran Veteran

Try to change your console font (dpkg-reconfigure console-setup on debian)