Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in any country, 100Mbit/s (duplex) unmetered, $10/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in any country, 100Mbit/s (duplex) unmetered, $10/month

Looking for a VPS, 256MB ram, 256MB ram swap, 1 CPU for a image network (legal) requires 100Mbit duplex connection.

We're looking to fire up 4 of these in different parts of the world (same country isn't an issue, need different DCs or lines) for a image network CDN, require at minimum 100Mbit/s duplex, Xen/KVM or OpenVZ are all fine.

Quality network, no packet dropping & reliable providers with a history for at least 1.5 years.

Shoot the offers. :)

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

HDD?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

netomx said: HDD?

At minimum 15GB, SSD cached preffered but not needed.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2014

said: Quality network, no packet dropping & reliable providers with a history for at least 1.5 years.

Yea... no. Not for this pricing.

Thanked by 2Maximum_VPS Rallias
  • OVH ?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    OVH ?

ditto

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • DylanDylan Member

This would only help with one region, but SeFlow (Italy) has been around since 2004, has a very good network, and has some very good unmetered true cloud (four hypervisor/two datacenter HA) offers:

http://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • khavkhav Member

@Nick_A maybe .....

• We can provide the above as KVM, and have been in business for almost 2.5 years now under this brand/company ; with staff that have experience in the industry much farther back.

We're currently providing HostDime and PhoenixNAP locations.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited May 2014

I have a similar request. Looking for unmetered inbound bw, with at least 128M ram, 1G HDD, 1 or 2 dedicated core or equivalent cpu and KVM-based. North America preferred. Expect low price. Any suggestion?

Checked DO but they meter inbound. Checked linode but a little too expensive. Checked iwstack but too much pre-pay amount.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Inbound is easy, i think Vultr is unmetered inbound.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@msg7086 http://inceptionhosting.com/ from @AnthonySmith provides unmetered inbound.

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

http://hosting.wedos.com/en/virtual-servers.html

KVM starting at 1GB RAM thought including 15GB HDD/1 CPU (E5-2650L) and unlimited traffic (100 Mbps) @ $6/mo (located in Czech Republic).

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • RalliasRallias Member
    edited May 2014

Uhm... maybe for 10 times that price? You're going to have a hard time justifying a 100 mbit/s unmetered connection that you actually use to it's full extent for $10 monthly...

Cheapest I can think of is maybe $50 from WSI.

• chrispchrisp Member

@Rallias No, actually you would wonder how much traffic certain providers allow for very little money ;)

Good example is always OVH. 6€ for their cheapest dedicated server and you can use 100Mbit FD 24/7

• AmitzAmitz Member

Talk to Alexander @ HostUS. Maybe he can help.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • RalliasRallias Member

chrisp said: Good example is always OVH. 6€ for their cheapest dedicated server and you can use 100Mbit FD 24/7

And get limited the moment you cross the 10TB line.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • chrispchrisp Member

No, I use 100Mbit avg with OVH on a 4€ Kimsufi and have 30tb+ a month, no limitation. I have similar numbers with another provider for ~4€ so it is definitely possible.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

chrisp said: No, I use 100Mbit avg with OVH on a 4€ Kimsufi and have 30tb+ a month, no limitation. I have similar numbers with another provider for ~4€ so it is definitely possible.

Indeed, if the provider is really big and the traffic gets lost in the ocean, switches/routers/IFs not getting close to capacity so packet loss occurs, you may slip below the radar. But that is mostly luck, as soon as someone will look into the graphs, chances are they will show you the door under a pretext or another.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited May 2014

Well I would absolutely accept that, but not if they promise unlimited bandwidth before. I mean I know, that a real 100Mbit flatrate is worth more than 4€, but I think they should just tell you before if they intend to limit it at some point instead of lying.
    It's perfectly fine for me to get limited to 10Mbit/s after 5tb, but I would like to know before ordering thats all. And that sounds bad, but I still expect to get an unlimited connection if it was advertised that way (even if the price is very low).

Domflow for example, they explicitly write "* Bandwidth is flat rate. You have 100Mbps uplink port without traffic restriction." I would expect even for that 3€ to get 30tb traffic from that machine. If that's not what I should expect they should just say what the restrictions are.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

@chrisp said:
    Well I would absolutely accept that, but not if they promise unlimited bandwidth before. I mean I know, that a real 100Mbit flatrate is worth more than 4€, but I think they should just tell you before if they intend to limit it at some point instead of lying.
    It's perfectly fine for me to get limited to 10Mbit/s after 5tb, but I would like to know before ordering thats all. And that sounds bad, but I still expect to get an unlimited connection if it was advertised that way (even if the price is very low).

It's OVH, I've purchased a dedi where it was advertised as 100Mbps unmetered.. a month down the line I noticed they change it to 5TB they did not even give me the courtesy to notify me that my plan was recently changed.. not that I can ever come close to using a TB but yeah.. you are at the mercy of Oles and what ever he feels like doing for that moment!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

earl said: a month down the line I noticed they change it to 5TB

They never ended up actually implementing it even for new orders (I think), let alone for ones made prior to that. Also those who did have a bandwidth counter appearing in their control panel, reported that it's wildly inaccurate, almost to the point of not measuring anything (e.g. reporting just 10 GB after 3 TB actually used).

IOW just stop complaining and pretending true unmetered 100 Mbit providers can't exist, they do. "In theory" everyone wants to have less heavy users on unmetered packages and more lighter-usage ones, but in practice there's plenty of providers who don't break their word by limiting or kicking out people.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

For 10$ Kimsufi would be your best bet

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We have a 100Mbit/s unmetered KVM in ATL for $7/m

Alexander

• WilliamWilliam Member

rm_ said: They never ended up actually implementing it even for new orders (I think),

It does not work on VPS either.

RX bytes:8616225460313 (7.8 TiB)  TX bytes:9075638065444 (8.2 TiB)

• wychwych Member

@chrisp said:
    No, I use 100Mbit avg with OVH on a 4€ Kimsufi and have 30tb+ a month, no limitation. I have similar numbers with another provider for ~4€ so it is definitely possible.

Same, although it doesnt mean its profitable.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Unmetered is just asking for trouble.

• wychwych Member

@perennate said:
    Unmetered is just asking for trouble.

Not always, you just gotta screen for fraud extremely well!

• Don't Fliphost and Catalyst have unmetered deals? I have a Fliphost unmetered 100Mbit and a Catalyst unmetered 1Gbit.

• chrispchrisp Member

perennate said: Unmetered is just asking for trouble.

Yes but I don't get why hosters do that. I hated it when GVH did that and risked other peoples performance just to troll people by saying "you can use 100tb!". Providers only need to be honest, that's the only way to prevent unwanted abuse of bandwidth (and therefore often disk i/o).

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

wych said: Not always, you just gotta screen for fraud extremely well!

Yep, screen for people who seem like they will use more than 500 GB bandwidth a month :)