Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bounce Rate in Google Analytics
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bounce Rate in Google Analytics

dnwkdnwk Member

Little bit confused about what is Bounce Rate. It suppose to be when a user landed on my page they did not walk around but leave immediately. What if I have bunch of link to external website on the page they landed. They click one of them and goes to an external website. Does that count a bounce?

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dnwk said:
    Little bit confused about what is Bounce Rate. It suppose to be when a user landed on my page they did not walk around but leave immediately. What if I have bunch of link to external website on the page they landed. They click one of them and goes to an external website. Does that count a bounce?

Yes. If they don't click on any further pages on your site, that's a bounce.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en

Thanked by 1SammiRose
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

If you have only one page on your site, Google Analytics doesn't register multiple pageviews unless users reload that page. As a result, single-page sites tend to have high bounce rates.

This part is a bit of a shame for those who like scrolling webpages. But yeah, @raindog308 has pretty much covered it! :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Bounce Rate is not necessarily bad. It's just a metric. I imagine a lot of blogs have a high bounce rate - people see the latest entries and leave.

Thanked by 3srvrpro VPNsh jcaleb
  • dnwkdnwk Member

I see. It looks like I need to use event tracking to see if they really leave or they click an link to external site.

• @raindog308 has answered your question. Perfect one