Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this burstnet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this burstnet?

SpencerSpencer Member
edited May 2012 in General

Since I live rather close to BurstNET and I'm heading up to Scranton in the next few weeks I decided I wanted to get a tour. While trying to find where it was at I got this address:

422 Prescott Ave
18510 Scranton
Pennsylvania, USA

I google streetviewed it and came up with this
maps.google.com/maps?q=422+Prescott+Ave.+Scranton,+Pennsylvania,+18510,+United+States&hl=en&ll=41.403696,-75.649154&spn=0.000683,0.001212&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.946584,79.453125&t=h&hnear=422+Prescott+Ave,+Scranton,+Pennsylvania+18510&z=20&layer=c&cbll=41.403777,-75.649067&panoid=QH6yxwcMhBTxxn4iN5XiLQ&cbp=12,179,,0,7.07

Is that really right? Because I thought it would be ALOT nicer.

Comments

• KairusKairus Member

I wonder what they use the bike for...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

This was brought up a while back on WHT and they claim it is their location and they simply have it nicer inside.

Francisco

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Francisco said: This was brought up a while back on WHT and they claim it is their location and they simply have it nicer inside.

Ahh okay. I was just expecting soo much more for the outside. But I can see where they want to keep it kindof low profile.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@PytoHost said: Ahh okay. I was just expecting soo much more for the outside. But I can see where they want to keep it kindof low profile.

I don't know if they did it for that or that they simply got the building for so cheap that it was worth it to beef the building out with generators/etc and backhaul cable.

Francisco

• PhilNDPhilND Member

I believe this was their first building in scranton, then they out grew it (i remember seeing them post something) and built another dc in scranton, they also have one in LA aswell.

• PhilNDPhilND Member

@Liam i thought they would've owned it, seeing as they announced they're building this new one http://burst.net/temp/exterior.jpg

• EllimistEllimist Member
    edited May 2012

@PytoHost said: Because I thought it would be ALOT nicer.

I think ALOT is a lot nicer than BurstNET.

I have grown to love you, Alot.

Thanked by 3Aldryic imagine ElliotJ
  • Manchester they rent a block.

• taiprestaipres Member

http://burst.net/colocate.shtml they have good colo prices for single server.

• In the UK they only have one technician, who is heavily overloaded as you can imagine..