Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teenagers Getting High Off Of Sound - iDoser
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Teenagers Getting High Off Of Sound - iDoser

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited May 2012 in General

So, the other day I Googled: Alternative to weed just to see what there was and I found this article: http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/. I then went to Google and found much more articles, and even YouTube videos of people posting their reactions to the audio clips... This is Science, indeed, but does it really work? I wouldn't go as far to say it's like being high, but it is very near to it. I tried this myself, at first I was doing it wrong and it wasn't working at all.. I then did what it told me to do, turn off the lights, lay down, close my eyes and concentrate on the audio. The audio is a bit annoying, like 8-bit music. Within 5 or 7 minutes of listening to Marijuana by iDoser, I felt a little odd. I noticed that my mind was thinking of stuff based on the beat, I was seeing different colors and shapes, then all of a sudden I felt like I was weightless, I felt like I could fly. This experience was pretty amazing.

Some schools have found out about this and have taken action by banning music listening in the school. I don't see what is wrong with this, it is COMPLETELY healthy, it's just like those audio clips that make you relaxed or tired.. What is your opinion about this?

http://www.i-doser.com/

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I listened...and suddenly I realized...you know...I do need to drink more Coke products.

But seriously...there is no magic to making your mind feel different. Sit and do 45 minutes of zazen.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@Jack just YouTube reactions to idoser. Some are real, some are fake.

• I hear dubstep can do the same thing... :D

• Has anyone here actually tried this?

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@Insidiea I have.. Some songs have effects on me, song don't.

• NickMNickM Member

If you like iDoser, you should try "Jackpot - No Hands"

• NateN34NateN34 Member

Lol, this is so old.

And a load of crap that does not work.

• laaevlaaev Member

@Jeffrey said: Some schools have found out about this and have taken action by banning music listening in the school. I don't see what is wrong with this, it is COMPLETELY healthy, it's just like those audio clips that make you relaxed or tired.. What is your opinion about this?

It may lead to actual drug usage.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

Power of suggestion.

Kevin is right though. The promise of getting high without the true high or an easily obtained high makes drugs more appealing, in my opinion. Been there, done that, like the rest of us I'm sure ;)

• exussumexussum Member

Its been around for ages. I felt more sick than high listening to for ages

• Danggg. This music makes me feel weird, but not high lol

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Ah, I tried Binaural Beats, or whatever they're called.
    Didn't work for me, I presume it's more of a placebo than anyone else. Just like how people act drunk.

• @NickM said: If you like iDoser, you should try "Jackpot - No Hands"

LMAO

• lol I guess you'll never fail a drug test getting high off music.