Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Hosting Line - Virtuozzo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Hosting Line - Virtuozzo

VirtovoVirtovo Member

On the hosting line it includes a free Virtuozzo licence. Based on the pricing it would seem this is the 3 VPS version. Can anyone clarify? I will email OVH; however they don't reply over the weekend.

Regards

Comments

• FlorisFloris Member

Yes, this is only 3 containers.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@Floris said:
    Yes, this is only 3 containers.

Thanks, it's as I thought. I appreciate the confirmation.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I suppose you could sell some nice containers on that node then, for a price ;)

I rather like virtuozzo despite it's flaws.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@jarland said:
    I suppose you could sell some nice containers on that node then, for a price ;)

I rather like virtuozzo despite it's flaws.

Selling three wouldn't really leverage the benefits of using Virtuozzo. I really like Virtuozzo and wanted to use the server for some dev projects; however 3 VPS just wouldn't be enough!

• @Virtovo are you going to launch any Europe location anytime soon? :)

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited May 2014

@instatech said:
    Virtovo are you going to launch any Europe location anytime soon? :)

We'd definitely like to, although it wouldn't be with OVH. Ukraine is still on the Agenda. We'd ideally like to be in the UK. Are you a current customer?

• Didn't most providers use Virtuozzo years ago? I remember Future Hosting did

• @Virtovo said:
    We'd definitely like to, although it wouldn't be with OVH. Ukraine is still on the Agenda. We'd ideally like to be in the UK. Are you a current customer?

No i am not but i will be soon UK location will be good.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    Didn't most providers use Virtuozzo years ago? I remember Future Hosting did

Many of the larger companies do. It is still a different product from OpenVZ, though the two projects are more similar now than they once were.

• @hostnoob said:
    Didn't most providers use Virtuozzo years ago? I remember Future Hosting did

KnownHost & many others still use it.

• @jarland said:
    Many of the larger companies do. It is still a different product from OpenVZ, though the two projects are more similar now than they once were.

PowerPanel is awesome :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Virtovo said:
    On the hosting line it includes a free Virtuozzo licence. Based on the pricing it would seem this is the 3 VPS version. Can anyone clarify? I will email OVH; however they don't reply over the weekend.

Regards

It would be better if you take an SP-64 & order licences separately:

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/virtuozzo.xml