Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World IPv6 Launch Day
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

World IPv6 Launch Day

AsimAsim Member
edited May 2012 in General

World IPv6 Lauch Day (http://www.worldipv6launch.org/)

What hosts are ready?

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r

Comments

• We are ready!

Thanked by 2Asim taipres
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Since all my providers (Edis, Hostigation, HostVirtual) offer native IPv6 all my customers are ready :)

Thanked by 2Asim taipres
  • rds100rds100 Member

Ready, but not excited about it. There is not much demand for ipv6.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • AsimAsim Member

@rds100 there will be

I am working with a big client @ work and he has 5 server's mesh all connected via IPv6 with just one interfacing server having IPv6+IPv4

So people are adopting this

• vmhostsvmhosts Member

Ready. Had some issues with the onapp implementation and our network but we can now apply IPV6 addresses to VM's.

Its a manual process at the moment so addresses need to be requested via support

• The only server I had with IPv6 is my Linode, otherwise all my other servers (inc dedicated servers) have no IPv6.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Every time I tunnel through HE's IPv6 tunnel I destroy what little reliability I have with my cable, even on IPv4 traffic. Suddenly even YouTube and Hulu are unusable. I'm only an hour from Dallas, where I tunnel through. That ends my IPv6 trials. One day...

• @jarland said: Every time I tunnel through HE's IPv6 tunnel I destroy what little reliability I have with my cable, even on IPv4 traffic. Suddenly even YouTube and Hulu are unusable. I'm only an hour from Dallas, where I tunnel through. That ends my IPv6 trials. One day...

Try Gogo6, HE.net is unusable on my ISP and I found Gogo6 to work perfectly.

Thanked by 1jar
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

EDIS, Inception, Hostigation, Allsimple, BuyVM all ready and up and running w/ native ipv6.

I have begun cancelling accounts w/ providers that dont offer ipv6. 4 will be gone by they end of the month - they snooze, they lose! :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Daniel You, sir, are quite helpful :) New distraction for today acquired!

• @jarland said: @Daniel You, sir, are quite helpful :) New distraction for today acquired!

Haha, its very easy to setup. Relies on tun/tap.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited May 2012

Most VPS clients have been assigned IPv6 addresses on my end. It's up to them to implement it, however :) .

Thanked by 1taipres
  • taiprestaipres Member

Technically it's not "World IPv6 Launch Day" that happened last year, it's "World IPv6 Launch" because it's for good this time :p

• We are very much ready! :D

Thanked by 1taipres
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@GetKVM-Ash said: We are ready!

Sure about that?

$ host -t aaaa getkvm.com
    getkvm.com has no AAAA record

For some reason even many of the hosts which provide native IPv6 to their customers, do not care about actually enabling IPv6 on their own websites.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited May 2012

@rm_ said: For some reason even many of the hosts which provide native IPv6 to their customers, do not care about actually enabling IPv6 on their own websites.

Our website is running cPanel, which doesn't support native IPv6 yet. As long as our customers can get it (If they want it) im happy. Its also hosted on a VPS with IntoVPS, who don't support IPv6 yet.

From a providers point of you, we are ready, since its included with all our services :D

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

My desktops have been ready for years.

My home router is ready (since I ditched the Cisco firmware for Tomato-USB)

My VPSes are ready.

Everything in between...is not :-(

Thanked by 2maxexcloo netomx
  • Inception Hosting has been ready for a long time and Hostigation got native ipv6 some time ago :D

Thanked by 1taipres
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2012

@raindog308 said: Everything in between...is not :-(

Exactly
    So, technically everybody (end user) is ready lol.

• daviddavid Member

I'm sort of ready at home. I've got a he.net ipv6 tunnel working on my router.

The latest stable version of openvpn doesn't support ipv6, yet, though. I suppose I could compile the alpha version that's supposed to have support for it now.

The two VPS's I use for webhosting don't support ipv6, unfortunately.

• rds100rds100 Member

@david so ask your provider if/when you can get ipv6 ?

• PhilNDPhilND Member

We're ready! Can't wait till everywhere start's natively accepting IPv6 :)

Thanked by 1taipres
  • rds100rds100 Member

Now everyone go bug cPanel about ipv6 support :)

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@rds100 said: Now everyone go bug cPanel about ipv6 support :)

agree.. at now i use nginxadmin for IPv6 access -__-" need manually to assign that one by one..

• daviddavid Member

@rds100, haven't contact them, but this is what I've heard.

http://www.kazila.com/faq.html#5
    "We do not offer IPv6 alongside IPv4 at this time although we will be making the transition in the near future."

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/kiloserve-6-99-1gb-openvz-vps-in-la/
    "Unfortunately, we do not offer IPV6 and probably will not offer it for some time."

I'm happy with the servers aside from that, so I don't think it's worth bothering with yet.

• KiloServe told me they were working on it.
    My home network has tunnelled IPv6 via my router and all my computers support it wonderfully!
    Most of my hosts have it and those that don't use a tunnelled HE.net connection, all my websites have AAAA addresses set up (and working) :P
    All I'm waiting for is the middle men (ISPs, etc) to step up and roll it out :P

• We're ready.

Thanked by 1taipres
  • WilliamWilliam Member

We give IPv6 to KVMs and Dedicated servers, but not on VRS (technical problem) or Webhosting (frontend proxy not compatible) - Thus our mainsite is v4 only aswell.

Thanked by 1taipres
  • IPv6 on all of our VPS's :)

Thanked by 1taipres
  • taiprestaipres Member

I was gonna do a IPv6 blowout for the big day as i'm a big fan of IPv6, but i've heard more than 1 provider tell me that there's not much interest in IPv6 yet so probably would be a waste of time. I'm still lookin forward to the day though, IPv6 is rare global technological landmark that many of us may not see again(as most don't think we'll ever run out of IPv6's) so is very cool!