Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBluff Press - Dateline Filming (Video)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBluff Press - Dateline Filming (Video)

KMyersKMyers Member
edited May 2012 in General

Attention All LET Members,
HostBluff is happy to report that we hosted the Dateline Film Crew to record a documentary about our support living conditions. Dateline has provided us with a pre-release copy of the video, we have published it here - http://hostbluff.com/pressrelease-dateline-story-about-hostbluff/

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

I like the cat.

That guy acts just like my friends schizophrenic dad.

Thanked by 2Ellimist netomx
  • laaevlaaev Member

Nice!

• taiprestaipres Member

looks like a fiverr gig for the blonde and probably the older gentlemen too, like how it was obv she was reading off a script.

• laaevlaaev Member

Actually it looks like she is on a video conference with the news station or w/e... interviews are like that depending on where the camera is angled.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@AsadHaider said: I like the cat.

That guy acts just like my friends schizophrenic dad.

Thanks, I put the whole support video on line late last night if you want to see it (same post)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

BOO HOO! WE HATE HOSTBLUFF!!

WE <3 BALLVPS!

/capslock off

• KMyersKMyers Member

@netomx said: BOO HOO! WE HATE HOSTBLUFF!!

WE <3 BALLVPS!

/capslock off

BallVPS Teabags all of their customers, at least we dont do that

• How did you find out, did you experience it firsthand? ( ´,_ゝ`)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Dr. Slaughter is pretty

• KMyersKMyers Member

@jcaleb said: Dr. Slaughter is pretty

Sigh... I agree

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@HostBluff Is she the boss of HostBluff? If yes, I will order 1000 boxes right now.

• laaevlaaev Member

@jcaleb said: Is she the boss of HostBluff? If yes, I will order 1000 boxes right now.

She is the news reporter with Dateline. Additionally, she has her degree in psychology.

• @jcaleb said: Dr. Slaughter is pretty

Agreed!!

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Can HostBluff do more video report with Dr. Slaughter?

• @liam said: Can you confirm, or deny, reports @hostbluff has just acquired cogent communications?

I would of expected HostBluff to own BT, would explain for their amazing service.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@Daniel said: I would of expected HostBluff to own BT, would explain for their amazing service.

Hello,
    sorry for the lack of response here. Yes, we were in talks to buy BT however we found their network to have 99.652% downtime. We want 99.525 at least. They also promise SLA Credits and clearly we wont

Thanked by 1MrAndroid
  • DoznDozn Member

99.652% is more than 99.525% =b

Thanked by 2Liam Infinity
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

maybe hostbluff is iwebhostu, hence the math

• @HostBluff said: Hello,

sorry for the lack of response here. Yes, we were in talks to buy BT however we found their network to have 99.652% downtime. We want 99.525 at least. They also promise SLA Credits and clearly we wont

But BT have a minimum waiting time of 10 hours on their help phone line with is a premium number.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Daniel said: But BT have a minimum waiting time of 10 hours on their help phone line with is a premium number.

Even on a BT phone line? Dafuq, even Virgin Media have 141 from a Virgin line which is free.

@Jack said: 150

Bleh, 141 is Voicemail, 150 is help.
    But if you really want help call 150 then select the "I'm planning to leave" option, they'll take you seriously then..

• @Infinity said: Even on a BT phone line? Dafuq, even Virgin Media have 141 from a Virgin line which is free.

They might of changed it, but it used to be premium.

They wouldn't even care if you threatened to leave them, since you had to pay the BT fee anyway.

@Daniel said: They wouldn't even care if you threatened to leave them, since you had to pay the BT fee anyway.

Not if you move to Virgin, they have their own line rental fee. Virgin seemed to care enough that they gave my dad a free upgrade to 50Mbit. That was a while back, I think un-surprisingly we're back to normal pricing.

• CoreyCorey Member

@jcaleb I haven't seen iwebhostu around here in a while :P

• @Corey said: @jcaleb I haven't seen iwebhostu around here in a while :P

He's banned :D

• CoreyCorey Member

@gsrdgrdghd what did he do to get banned?

• @Corey said: @gsrdgrdghd what did he do to get banned?

Starting flaming pretty much every major provider that participates in the community.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Aldryic Oh I didn't know flaming was a bannable offense :)

• @Corey said: @Aldryic Oh I didn't know flaming was a bannable offense :)

By itself, I doubt it. Since there are no posted rules/regs for community interaction aside from Offers, Chief and the mods deal with it on a case-by-case basis.

In iwebhostu's case, he provided no actual input to the community (other than trying to drag in sales), and immediately started bashing the other providers. Just check his post history.