Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiple VPS with multiple IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Multiple VPS with multiple IPs

tijatija Member

I am working on a distributed crawler where I would need multiple servers with multiple IPs with cheapest possible price. There are two distinct type of VPSes that I would need.

1. Workers with decent amount of CPU and RAM
  2. Routers that will used to route web requests to crawl data.

I am more interested in the second type since there are plenty of VPSes available for workers. Any suggestions or offers?

Comments

• zionvpszionvps Member
    edited May 2014

what are the exact specs you are looking for them. i can make a custom deal for you. and we can also offer you a vps for second option, since unmetered bandwidth is going to help in that case

• tijatija Member

The routers can be very lightweight. A 128mb VPS with good network should be fit for the job.

• rds100rds100 Member

Why does this need multiple IPs? Do these crawlers not respect robots.txt and get blocked?

• tijatija Member

@rds100 It is not a wholesale spider like 80legs. We have specific list of URLs to fetch and monitor.

• rds100rds100 Member

@tija i think it would be best to use something like Amazon or the other cloud providers, where incoming traffic is free. That is if you have a lot of incoming traffic of course.

• wychwych Member

Do you need IPv4 or will v6 do?

• tijatija Member

@wych Will definitely need IPv4 since there are many servers that needs IPv4. That being said for some servers we could try out IPv6 we get a good deal.

• @tija said:
    I am working on a distributed crawler where I would need multiple servers with multiple IPs with cheapest possible price. There are two distinct type of VPSes that I would need.

1. Workers with decent amount of CPU and RAM
    2. Routers that will used to route web requests to crawl data.

I am more interested in the second type since there are plenty of VPSes available for workers. Any suggestions or offers?

Do you have a price in mind? We have a decent 256mb RAM plan that would handle your router for crawling.

• ValdikSSValdikSS Member
    edited May 2014

Workers with decent amount of CPU and RAM

http://slicify.com/

Thanked by 1publio
  • Add me on skype vivek.murai

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited May 2014

Please open a sales ticket at https://beastvm.com/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1 or contact me on skype: BeastVM_Floris so we can work out a deal.

Thanked by 1Sander