Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tools/website to check ping time from various places
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

tools/website to check ping time from various places

subinsubin Member
edited May 2012 in General

Hi, can someone give recommendation to a website that can give ping time to some server from many places in the world?

I found pingbrigade, but it only has 3 server in USA and 1 server in egypt.

Comments

• seikanseikan Member

Try just-ping

Thanked by 2subin Intcs
  • dirkdirk Member
    edited May 2012

watchmouse.com

Edit: seems to power just-ping .....

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Only three locations, but it's free:

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/testtools.ping-test.html

• TaylorTaylor Member

pingdom

• tmn29atmn29a Member

@seikan said: Try just-ping

Cool site, but it doesn't seem to work right. I get packets losts when using not a very popular site (like google) from almost all locations.

• IntcsIntcs Member

just-ping.com worked good for me :)
    If it can be considered downforeveryoneorjustme.com works but to check websites only, from a single location.

• beardbeard Member

Why do people do ping and not TCP connection check, like HTTP, because I keep reading all the dime a dozen WHT threads where they say Pingdom doesn't work due to blocking pings at the ISP or multiple shared hosting people use it on the same shared IP, causing problems

• subinsubin Member

@beard : i want to know network latency from some places to a server. Any other idea?

Thanked by 1beard
  • beardbeard Member

I thought you were doing like every 1 - 5 minute ping checks like some people do.