Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekly (Or Less) VPS Plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weekly (Or Less) VPS Plans

maxexcloomaxexcloo Member
edited September 2011 in General

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows of any VPS plans that can be paid for shorter periods of time (hourly, weekly, monthly). I'm interested because I frequently need servers with different virtualsation types (XEN, KVM, etc) to test my mininalisation script on :)

Thanks!

Comments

• There are a handful of Cloud VPS providers that do hourly billing, although I haven't really seen this being used on non-'cloud' setups, though it certainly wouldn't surprise me if someone said they exist. (I just haven't seen them).

Most providers can probably accommodate a short period worth of service and charge for it appropriately if you contact/ask them directly, but i'm not for sure of any who advertise hourly/weekly billing that aren't 'cloud'.

• Most the "cloud" providers that do hourly billing (probably all of them, actually) use Xen.

• Rackspace FTW, Amazon, and Dreamhost probably are the first that come to my mind

• yomero said: Rackspace FTW, Amazon, and Dreamhost probably are the first that come to my mind

Dosen't Amazon have the worst uptime rating, despite them saying that "Cloud" = 100% uptime.

• @Daniel said: despite them saying that "Cloud" = 100% uptime.

No. They are providing a cloud-like platform (automation, a hardware failure on the compute node doesn't kill your data, etc) that enables you to build an application with 100% uptime (if you choose to do DR and clustering over all their data centers, for example).

Linode charges on monthly basis but does prorata refund down to nearest day so it is possible to rent a linode for just a week.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited September 2011

LowEndAdmin said: (if you choose to do DR and clustering over all their data centers, for example).

But the software implementation must be anything but easy :P

LowEndAdmin said: Linode charges on monthly basis but does prorata refund down to nearest day so it is possible to rent a linode for just a week.

Interesting! I want to try one u_u

• It would be nice to see weekly vps packages, interesting stuff :)