Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a GBIT Switch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a GBIT Switch

CoreyCorey Member

I'm looking for the best deal I can find on at least 24 ports on a managed gbit switch with at least one fiber port that can support up to 10gbps single or dual layer. Can you guys suggest something? I've been looking around but haven't been real pleased with my findings. I'd like to know the PPS that the switch can handle as well.

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member

Thanks AleksZ - someone online said those can only do 25K PPS - is that true?

• @Corey said:
    Thanks AleksZ - someone online said those can only do 25K PPS - is that true?

They can handle significantly better PPS than 25,000 ; that being said, you're going to want to take special care to the functionality your switch supports. For example, if you want features like "VLAN (802.1Q)" or Layer7 DPI, not all switches/routers are able to do this.

You should take care to the features of the OS running on the switch, as well as the hardware provided itself. For this reason, I would recommend looking at the more oddly-set routers as well (18 port, 20 port, etc); as well as the standard 24/48 configurations.

• Get a EX3300-24t, best in class forwarding within the price.