Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Dedicated Server
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Dedicated Server

I don't need one right away, but I may soon. Here's a rough estimate of what I'm looking for.

• PassMark score ≥ 7000
    • RAM ≥ 16 GB
    • HDD ≥ 1 TB (RAID with at least ~1 TB of usable space)
    • Bandwidth ≥ 20 TB
    • Port ≥ 200 Mbps
    • IPv4 ≤ $0.25 per IP (or include a large number of IPs in initial offer)
    • Location = anywhere in the world

Comments

• Price?

• Our offers and pricing should fit your requirements. Take a look at our latest specials: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1369719

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
      We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
    • BoxodeBoxode Member

concerto49 said: Our offers and pricing should fit your requirements. Take a look at our latest specials:

Your IP's are $0.40, OP requires <$0.25.

Boxode.net | Powered by Awesome!

• viCommunications said: Your IP's are $0.40, OP requires <$0.25.

Depends on block size and depending on the configuration we'd be happy to discount the IPs further.

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
      We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
    • HostNunHostNun Member

@linuxthefish no particular price range or expectations for now other than what I said re: IPv4.

The server will go toward more 'low end' VPS offers, so I don't see how I'll be able to afford IPs at $1 like DataShack charges.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
    • HostNunHostNun Member
      edited May 2014

@concerto49 that 2xL5630 offer looks nice, but I doubt I'll need that much RAM!

EDIT: Oh, and I would prefer RAID 10. You can't offer more than 2xHDD?

• Looking for a new server again.

Any offers out there that are comparable to Versaweb's sale from July?

• You probably would say No because of how "horrible" we are but I just thought I'd put it out there that we have $59/month recurring E3-1240v3s on sale now and could definitely offer IPs for around .20-.25

• @GVH_Jon Thanks for the offer.

You probably would say No because of how "horrible" we are...

I've had problems on your shared hosting in the past. I don't think that necessarily means I'll have problems buying a dedicated server through you. Can you PM or email me with further details?

Thanked by 1iSky
    • KS-4
      Core™ i5-2300

Core™ i5-3570S
      6758 4c / 4t 2.8 GHz+
      3.1 GHz+ 16 Go 1 To 100 Mbps /128 19,99 € HT

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

• @cool_dude said:
      KS-4
      Core™ i5-2300

Core™ i5-3570S
      6758 4c / 4t 2.8 GHz+
      3.1 GHz+ 16 Go 1 To 100 Mbps /128 19,99 € HT

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

I see IPv6 on that page... no additional IPv4?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Provider

@HostNun said:
      I see IPv6 on that page... no additional IPv4?

Not on Kimsufi, no.

• cloudcandycloudcandy Member, Provider

Location of the server is in USA & the configuration goes like this processor-1x Intel Quad Core Xeon E3-1270 V2, 16GB RAM, 20TB of Bandwidth, HDD is 2x1TB SATA2, IPv4 $1.75 per IP it may cost you about $398.72 USD.

Budget Dedicated & VPS @ Crypracks.com

• @cloudcandy said:
      Location of the server is in USA & the configuration goes like this processor-1x Intel Quad Core Xeon E3-1270 V2, 16GB RAM, 20TB of Bandwidth, HDD is 2x1TB SATA2, IPv4 $1.75 per IP it may cost you about $398.72 USD.

That is WAY above the OP's requested cost per IP address.

We currently offer the following:

-- PMed --

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
      GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• GVH didn't work out (no LET melodrama forthcoming, sorry) so I'm tentatively in the market for this again.

@cloudcandy are you sure you're on the right forum? :)

• I've PMed you our current offers, more competitively priced than before :).

GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• Contacted us for an offer? Let us know how we can help.

• @HostNun said:
      GVH didn't work out (no LET melodrama forthcoming, sorry) so I'm tentatively in the market for this again.

So you're implying you purchased a dedicated server from Jon?

Besides the blacklisted IPs what was wrong with it?

I'm not looking for drama here just curious.

• @ATHK said:
      I'm not looking for drama here just curious.

He didn't want to have to deal with Jon? ;)

Taking a hiatus.

• @ATHK I accepted Jon's offer from August 24th and was told the server would be ready for me to use in 24-48 hours. As of yesterday (more than two weeks later) I was still not able to access it. It was 'simply' never made available to me and there was never a coherent explanation given as to why. The most I got out of their support was "Looks like the server is not booting because someone messed with the bootloader." It took them until September 6th to say that to me. After that I was finally given IPMI access for the first time so I could, in their words, "troubleshoot" the "messed with" bootloader despite having never logged into the server previously (unsure why the onus should have been put on me to troubleshoot their errors...). Unfortunately the IPMI account didn't even have admin privileges so I couldn't do anything. A complete waste of time.

See http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/720939/#Comment_720939 etc.

Thanked by 1exp82
    • @HostNun that sounds similar to someone elses experience I read about GVH and no working IPMI. @0xdragon was it you?

Thanked by 1Amarielle

Taking a hiatus.

• @Hostnun:

http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=L55202421000I64&l=Atlanta

Dual L5520
      24GB
      2 x 1TB (Hardware RAID1)
      Gigabit port
      64 IPv4
      /64 IPv6

$109/month paid quarter ($119/month paid monthly)

• @HostNun said:

I'm so sorry.. I physically laughed out loud when I read your post... How pathetic of Jon and his team bahaha.

Anyway, thank you for posting even though you weren't obliged to.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
      edited September 2014

@wych said:
      HostNun that sounds similar to someone elses experience I read about GVH and no working IPMI. 0xdragon was it you?

Jon sent the working IPMI details a day after my service was delivered (late) thankfully.

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• HostNunHostNun Member
      edited September 2014

EDIT: nm, it is what it is.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
    • HostNun said: EDIT: nm, it is what it is.

Shame you removed that. I liked the colourful language. Made for a nice change from your usual "in character" language.

• @HostNun I PM'ed you

Onra Host - LowEndTalk's PREMIER, Top-Rated VPS/Cloud and cPanel/WHM Reseller Service Provider - 24/7/365 Premium Support OnraReseller - Free WHMCS, Free SSL Certifcate, Free Dedicated IP, and Free Domain | 24-Hour Account Migration - 60% Off Lifetime

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@OnraHost said:
      HostNun I PM'ed you

I bet that's the highlight of the Nun's week.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
    • I've responded to your ticket. The upstream is claiming that your IPMI was working the entire time and sent me screenshots and verification to prove as such. I will be working with you over your ticket to check that you are doing everything correctly and go through the checklist that you are doing everything and have everything necessary (on your computer) to access the IPMI console.

If it is found that there is something missing on your end or if you are doing something wrong, which is likely (as HVH techs have determined that IPMI was always working), your refund decision would be reversed.

• Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

I'm sure Op knows what he's doing Jon, can you access the IPMI console?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
    • @Symlink said:
      Shame you removed that. I liked the colourful language. Made for a nice change from your usual "in character" language.

If you PayPal me $10 I'll write a new 2-3 sentence post in this thread with one 'disgruntled curse word' of your choice!

Thanked by 2AlexanderM Mark_R
    • @HostNun said:
      If you PayPal me $10 I'll write a new 2-3 sentence post in this thread with one 'disgruntled curse word' of your choice!

PayPal Address?

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx

• HostNunHostNun Member
      edited September 2014

@ATHK said:
      Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

I'm sure Op knows what he's doing Jon, can you access the IPMI console?

I'm not much of a tech guy (nor do I always have time for it, although I like to learn as I go) and was not familiar with IPMI, which is why I hire 3rd party techs who know what they're doing... and they still couldn't access the console tonight. Mind you, September 7th was the first time we were given IPMI access at all (the ad on WHT said "FREE SuperMicro IPMI/KVM" so I don't really understand why it wasn't available until then). Tech was able to login to the limited IPMI account, but said "Grub is missing in the server". At that point they wanted to mount another OS image and access the server via rescue mode to correct the grub entries, but couldn't do that because the IPMI account we were given doesn't have admin privs.

Tech tried again tonight, still couldn't connect to the console. I tried to do a 'Unit Reset' under the 'Maintenance' tab a few minutes ago and...

@jnguyen said:
      If it is found that there is something missing on your end or if you are doing something wrong, which is likely (as HVH techs have determined that IPMI was always working), your refund decision would be reversed.

Uh, what? I ordered the server on August 24th and was given IPMI credentials on September 7th for the first time. Now, two days later, you're telling me that "HVH techs have determined that IPMI was always working"? What does 'always working' mean to you in this context? You're saying that if it's determined to have been working since the 7th (i.e. ~2 weeks late) I won't get a refund? #Praying4HanlonsRazor

• This is truly showing how pathetic Jon really is.

Thanks for the update @HostNun keep em' coming, especially if you don't get that refund due to a "always working IPMI" ..... :)

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
      edited September 2014

I am also going to agree with most of the functions in the IPMI not being accessible as I have a current service, as well as it being delivered a little later (not too late).

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• HostNunHostNun Member
      edited September 2014

The IPMI thing is beside the point anyway. The initial problem was that the root password provided in the welcome email didn't work. Somehow we ended up in IPMI land a few days later after a string of vague support responses...

@ATHK I think he's doing his best. A lot of it seems to be due to delayed communication down the reseller chain, although the whole situation has been a bit bewildering to say the least.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

That escalated quickly :) ...

@HostNun did you found what you are looking for?

Time4VPS - time for your personal server

• @time4vps ugh, this is exactly what I didn't want to happen in this thread too (and no, not yet...)

Thanked by 1netomx
    • @HostNun said:
      time4vps ugh, this is exactly what I didn't want to happen in this thread too (and no, not yet...)

Sorry.

Taking a hiatus.

• HostNun said: If you PayPal me $10 I'll write a new 2-3 sentence post in this thread with one 'disgruntled curse word' of your choice!

This is LET. All souls must be $7 or less.

Thanked by 1netomx
    • @wych said:
      Sorry.

eh, whatever, it's LET... if I don't experience appropriate qualia of malicious glee from provoking Jon into unnecessary public confrontations, it's probably my fault.

@Symlink said:
      This is LET. All souls must be $7 or less.

a girl can dream

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
    • DarioXDarioX Member
      edited September 2014

I don't mean to be rude, but please tell me: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT FROM GVH?!?!?

Just by reading the posts here on LET, I would never ever ever buy something from them. I wouldn't even take it if it was free.

At the end of the day it is your fault, sorry to say that.
      Maybe it's really time that the admins take some actions against GVH, it is really going too far now...

• DarioX said: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT FROM GVH?!?!?

It might be GVH but their dedicated server offering is provided by HudsonValleyHost a.k.a ColoCrossing so you should expect a reasonably good level of service.

Thanked by 10xdragon

https://o0.nz - A free and fast image host. Powered by a Bunny and a Pony!

• @DarioX said:
      Maybe it's really time that the admins take some actions against GVH, it is really going too far now...

Nah, GVH with the 4500 active customers of is a good source of income for ColoCrossing as the upstream who also owns this forum.

I'm here to collect your heart

• @sambling said:
      It might be GVH but their dedicated server offering is provided by HudsonValleyHost a.k.a ColoCrossing so you should expect a reasonably good level of service.

yeah, this ^^^

@DarioX I agree with you for the most part, however most of the ongoing problems w/ GVH seem to stem from their own mismanagement. I sincerely thought it might not be too difficult for them to resell an unmanaged dedicated server from HVH/CC.

• HostNun said: resell an unmanaged dedicated server from HVH/CC.

if i remember correctly HVH was very popular (in a bad way) months back, I'm too lazy to dig back old threads

• @namhuy said:
      if i remember correctly HVH was very popular (in a bad way) months back, I'm too lazy to dig back old threads

Would you do it for a scooby snack?

As for Hudsonvalleyhost had a windows vps with them, didn't have a problem. Good support.

• @wych wow, looks like I owe you two scooby snacks =/

Thanks for the information.

• GreenValueHost has absolutely no control over our dedicated server hosting offerings' technical support, unless your server is managed and we are diagnosing a software-related issue for you.

In almost all situations, such as this one, we are simply acting as a middleman and are forwarding responses back and forth between the upstream and our customer.

Your IPMI ticket is still open at HVH, they are claiming that it is working without issue. I requested the exact steps to replicate it from them, and have not received a response overnight. We're still waiting for a response.

I apologize, again we have no control and are simply working as a middleman in this situation, forwarding responses back and forth.

Thanked by 1agentmishra