Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What web host to prefer if Business is in Malayasia? Singapore or US?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What web host to prefer if Business is in Malayasia? Singapore or US?

SammiRoseSammiRose Member
edited May 2014 in Providers

There is a factor: Network Latency in hosting world. If My Business is in Malaysia? Should i prefer Datacenter based in Singapore or US for my web hosting?

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2014

Well do you want to host local? Thats in reality the only question - Cost in MY and SG is not really a factor anymore, VPS are rather cheap unless you need massive traffic.

I'd host at least your sites local, sort of more trustable.

Thanked by 1SammiRose
  • If you are referring to company website, most businesses don't care about the location, they will be happy as long as they are able to yell at the support guys whenever they feel like.

However if it's gaming or any other latency sensitive applications, that'd be a totally different story.

Thanked by 1SammiRose
  • SammiRoseSammiRose Member
    edited May 2014

Good Point @eLohkCalb experienced the scenario/ Latency is the most important factor and techsupport team should be efficient enough to give proper support to their clients. but here enters the cost factor! There must be some difference among countries, US or Singapore or UK.

• @William said:
    Well do you want to host local? Thats in reality the only question - Cost in MY and SG is not really a factor anymore, VPS are rather cheap unless you need massive traffic.

I'd host at least your sites local, sort of more trustable.

I guess cost will matter, there will be some considerable difference, hosting websites in US or Singapore or UK.

• Agree with malaysia and Singapore packages. how about these packages compared to US or UK based web hosting packages?

• aoleeaolee Member

UK and US will still be cheaper, but of course location wise its best to invest in Singapore or Malaysia. you will feel the difference in serving speed. if you don't mind about speed, best location to get is vps in LA.

Thanked by 1SammiRose
  • WilliamWilliam Member

SammiRose said: how about these packages compared to US or UK based web hosting packages?

10-15% more than EU, 20% more than US - Relevance minimal

• @aolee said:
    UK and US will still be cheaper, but of course location wise its best to invest in Singapore or Malaysia. you will feel the difference in serving speed. if you don't mind about speed, best location to get is vps in LA.

thanks alot for the information . Really appreciate that. One more concerning thing is Security. How secured will be my data with US, UK or Singapore Web Hosting? Any Idea

• @William said:

Perfect. Thanks for the information. Highly Appreciated. :)

• aoleeaolee Member

@sammi honestly I'm not sure how secure your data will be, it will depend on the your provider. most provider won't really care about your data, unless you are violating the TOS i think. if you are concern about data security, like you web app will be hosting national data. i would advise you go with those expensive provider like softlayer for peace of mind.

Thanked by 1SammiRose
  • @aolee said:
    sammi honestly I'm not sure how secure your data will be, it will depend on the your provider. most provider won't really care about your data, unless you are violating the TOS i think. if you are concern about data security, like you web app will be hosting national data. i would advise you go with those expensive provider like softlayer for peace of mind.

Excellent Tip. Thanks :)

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited May 2014

if it is for bussiness, malaysia are no. 1 option, imho. Why? Because when you have somekind of trouble/update/something else it will be closer to you, so it will be faster to you to do anything.

And then, of course like you say latency. And speed i think.
    Singapore are next best option. US are good for redundancy, if you want.

Thanked by 1SammiRose