Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Support ever i seen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Worst Support ever i seen

This is a canadian hosting company screenshot. They reply ticket after 14 day later !!

I think this is a highest late reply ever.
Let me know your experience about late ticket reply or slow support response ever.

NB: Recently komodosites.com left there hosting business and they transfer there clients in this company.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting

Comments

• khavkhav Member

Are you still hosting with them?....Normally if a ticket takes more than 24 hours to get a reply , then support is SHIT.Within hours its means that support is good and within mins or half an hour at most it means support is AWESOME

• I had one of my websites hosted with KomodoSites and everything was fine, until they turned everything over to this company. One of the reasons I signed up with KomodoSites was because they support SNI for SSL certificates and they use CloudLinx with LiteSpeed on SSD. I asked KomodoSites if the new company would also support SNI for SSL certificates and if they would be using CloudLinux with LiteSpeed on SSD, KomodoSites said yes they would support SNI and they're not sure if they will use CloudLinux with LiteSpeed on SSD. Than I asked the new company (InternetDrive) the same questions and they said no they won't and that I would need to pay extra for a dedicated IP if I want a SSL certificate. I included an excerpt from the emails I sent. I also never received one single email from InternetDrive about my new account information (except for the one I sent) so InternetDrive has no record that I'm now a client of theirs (I can't register for their WHMCS either).

Here's the email from KomodoSites:

Will my website still be hosted on CloudLinux with LiteSpeed and on pure SSD?

This is currently undetermined but InternetDrive has promised to offer a service that is still cPanel based with all the basic features. The level of performance and stability will be better than what KomodoSites has to offer. They fully manage their own hardware and datacenter.

Will I need to purchase a dedicated IP address for my SSL certificate?

No, a dedicated IP is not needed since they are running cPanel which supports SNI.

Will it be backed up via Idera?

They have an off-site remote backups solution but Idera was not specified.

Here's the email from InternetDrive:

Thanks for taking the time to contact us, here are some answers to your concerns.

1. We have a different infrastructure, so we don't offer everything that komodosites do such as CloudLinux, ssd. We don't really need to, we monitor our servers, fine tune them and do not over sell them. They run as well and probably better than most hosting companies out there.

2. Yes if you do not have a dedicated ip you will need one for a ssl (we usually get ssl certs from a third party who requires this).

3. We currently have a different backup system, we have been working with our providers to implement R1 backups and hope this will be in place this year.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

Oh, you remind me of a ticket which opened over half a year ago and is still no reply.

Guess who is it?

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • Rob92Rob92 Member

lol

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Jylee said: Oh, you remind me of a ticket which opened over half a year ago and is still no reply.

Guess who is it?

Wow, lol.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

Don't think I've ever had anything as long as 14 days, but if some hosts didn't have auto-close on old tickets then I'm sure it would have done. Dedicated Minds are the prime offenders in my case, BlueVM are also very slow (a week for a simple billing enquiry).

Also, name and shame peeps, if they suck, out the hosts. Your doing a service to your community by doing so.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

I am always surprised by the patience of people. I think if you're waiting 24 hours for a ticket reply (especially an initial reply) then there is something wrong.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Nekki said: BlueVM are also very slow (a week for a simple billing enquiry).

I have a few VPS's with them for testing purposes, submitted a ticket for a simple query to enable TUN/TAP because Feathur wasn't working properly, waited 4 days for a reply on high priority - and the reply was shocking, didn't even resolve the issue and couldn't be bothered replying to the ticket because it's just not worth it.

They're an "ok" provider, but not the worst.

• HostNunHostNun Member

@whmsys said:
    komodosites.com

I also had an account with them when they dumped all of their shared clients. Then their website vanished for like a week or two and now it's back. Kind of bizarre.

As soon as they dumped us to 'Internet Drive' I took my business elsewhere. Looks like I made the right choice.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

viCommunications said: They're an "ok" provider, but not the worst.

Yeah, I'd agree with that - they're knocking out $5/year plans, so you can't expect much. At least they don't auto-close tickets after 3 days like some.

• viCommunications said: I have a few VPS's with them for testing purposes, submitted a ticket for a simple query to enable TUN/TAP because Feathur wasn't working properly, waited 4 days for a reply on high priority - and the reply was shocking,

My worst was with UGVPS, they would typically take around a week to respond. And this was before the expose and masala.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Did anyone notice that an ip costs 40$ per year? Almost 3.5$ per month? Wow!

• wychwych Member

@jvnadr said:
    Did anyone notice that an ip costs 40$ per year? Almost 3.5$ per month? Wow!

Guess thats how they make their profit, and depending on location its not outrageous.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

@Virtovo said:
    I am always surprised by the patience of people. I think if you're waiting 24 hours for a ticket reply (especially an initial reply) then there is something wrong.

+1 to this. Does not matter in what part of the world, in "Service" world, like Low End VPS or something else, support level determine the quality of the company.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In some cases a ticket might get buried for some reason. I am guilty of overlooking quite a few. :(