Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server4You SSD vServer reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server4You SSD vServer reviews?

Hello,

Is there anybody who could give me vServers based on SSD review?

I mean cpu speed,IO speed , network, and thats all.

Comments

• yernsunyernsun Member

The uptime of hdd server is not so well with one month testing

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

@yernsun said:
    The uptime of hdd server is not so well with one month testing

Yes I heard same thing from lot of people recently.And recently I have seen that 90% + people who go for SSD servers do not even need SSDs :p

Go for a decent non-overselling provider & HDD would be good enough to do the job.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

K2Bytes said: .And recently I have seen that 90% + people who go for SSD servers do not even need SSDs :p

Pretty much. Most clients have no need for SSD.

• ztecztec Member

Server4You is horrible. avoid at all costs.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

ztec said: Server4You is horrible. avoid at all costs.

On what basis?

• Avoid Server4You

Their support often doesn't reply in English [ very frustrating ], their CPU is often limited in the backend [ you can see IOSteal amounts in top ], the I/O performance is not half what you would expect from a single HDD, let alone an SSD; I have only bad experiences with them.

• ztecztec Member
    edited May 2014

Horrible horrible horrible support. They billed me 6 months after I ended my contract with them ( and my server went offline accordingly ). They didnt admit it at first and when they admitted it they didnt refund it. This is the short version, probably brings up a lot of questions but im too tired.

The server wasnt reliable either.

I wouldnt take a server from them even if they paid me.

• iriOiriO Member

I was having a dedicated server hosted by them before 1 month.
    I paid for the first month,But their billing system forgot to send my invoice,and after 2 months they sent me a invoice and said me that I must pay for 2 months.

So be careful

• @GoodHosting said:
    Avoid Server4You

Their support often doesn't reply in English [ very frustrating ], their CPU is often limited in the backend [ you can see IOSteal amounts in top ], the I/O performance is not half what you would expect from a single HDD, let alone an SSD; I have only bad experiences with them.

Interesting...

I am with serverloft.de , about 4 month and the performance,uptime,network is top!

But i dont need so many resources so want to downgrade. But serverlfot dont provide small plans.

We shall see.... I ordered now colorhost.de openVZ packages. Seems Acceptable , but not their IO. But they said they move me to the another node.

• @ZweiTiger said:
    I ordered now colorhost.de openVZ packages. Seems Acceptable , but not their IO. But they said they move me to the another node.

How much I/O is acceptable for you?

• @K2Bytes said:
    How much I/O is acceptable for you?

Serverloft.de

[root@s1 ~]# dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync
    256+0 records in
    256+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 0.661769 s, 406 MB/s

Colorhost.de (OpenVZ)
    [root@s1 ~]# dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync
    256+0 records in
    256+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 2.44558 s, 110 MB/s
    [root@s1 ~]#

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

@ZweiTiger said:

110 MB/s is pretty good I/O.What are you using that VPS for?

• yernsunyernsun Member

@K2Bytes said:
    Go for a decent non-overselling provider & HDD would be good enough to do the job.

Sorry ,I mean the Server4You is not so well.

• @yernsun said:

Sorry ,I mean the Server4You is not so well.

Anyway serverloft.de is great! I will test server4you.de too , and write a real review about their ssd plan :P

8,85 eur not money for testing maybe.

• RurikoRuriko Member

server4you tried to scam me when they offered 1st month free but when my server has finish setup they sent an invoice for the first month...

• chrispchrisp Member

S4Y is not a serious company in any way. Only heart bad things about support and performance ;(

• khavkhav Member

Avoid server4you at all cost .........Worst company i ever dealt with

I used them like 2 years ago

My server was a dedicated one

it has got horrible IO and crappy hardware and the billing was a nightmare .I had same experience as Ruriko and they phone you at middle of night irrespective of your timezone

A call at 2 AM isn't nice

• zionvpszionvps Member

Avoid server4you.
    I got a first month free dedi server from them. i asked for kvm access and they said they are afraid to provide it since it is not secure.. it gets hacked and other bullshit. I told them i need to use custom image and they finally gave me access to it. Their kvm was in a cluster and i could see other dedis on same kvm cp, maybe i could kvm other dedis too but i didnt try (wtf)?

Still i was uploading the iso and without mentioning, they closed kvm access while the iso was being uploaded. how rude.

I asked how much it costs for extra ip address in their 24gb dedi and they said they wont provide more than 5 ip address and each address would cost 3$ / month.

I then stopped using their servers since it is total pain. Never did any benchmarks though. But they still keep sending spammy emails about their first month free promotions

• @Ruriko said:
    server4you tried to scam me when they offered 1st month free but when my server has finish setup they sent an invoice for the first month...

It is totally your fault for not reading their terms.First month is free but they charge you for upcoming months.This is like a cover for abuse otherwise abusers would just abuse & run.It is really sad that some people in lowend market have such unrealistic expectations.

• @chrisp said:
    S4Y is not a serious company in any way. Only heart bad things about support and performance ;(

If they are so bad why they got more then 40k server? I know its more brand , serverloft,server4you,plusserver but.. how?

I think not every customer leave it by bad review.. thats why they has 40k servers?

• chrispchrisp Member

Probably because expectations of people are very low. You know we all hate OVH for being dicks and talking french stuff @twitter and having very poor support, but then we loved them for posting those 3€ dedicated servers.

• @ZweiTiger said:

Actually S4Y is their budget brand. Addons & update options are very limited. TBH their vServers are just a "me too" offering.Their dedicated servers are fine though but still even for that purpose I would prefer Hetzner over S4Y.

• @K2Bytes said:
    Actually S4Y is their budget brand. Addons & update options are very limited. TBH their vServers are just a "me too" offering.Their dedicated servers are fine though but still even for that purpose I would prefer Hetzner over S4Y.

What worst , their USA vServer or their Europe vServer.

Could be big difference i think..

Anyway.. i will order it next week and we shall see :P

• FalzoFalzo Member

actually I am thinking about trying one of their (europe) SSP VPS in the near future, so I am interested, if you acquire any experiences with them ;-)

• RA4WRA4W Member

Stay away from S4Y charged me when i had cancelled the contract then they realized it was their fault but they didnt refund just ignored me.

• @Falzo said:
    actually I am thinking about trying one of their (europe) SSP VPS in the near future, so I am interested, if you acquire any experiences with them ;-)

Sure , if you could wait 1 week. I already posted Serverloft vServers and has the highest top rate i think. Now the serverloft hostsystem has 90+ day uptime which is good.

@RA4W said:
    Stay away from S4Y charged me when i had cancelled the contract then they realized it was their fault but they didnt refund just ignored me.

Yeah same thing happen to me but.. they realized their fault , then refunded me.

(just set a limit for your credit card , simple. )

And never will be happen this again!

• FalzoFalzo Member

I don't think I'll have any trouble with them regarding billing/cancelation... I am used to propably awaited business behaviour in germany (e.g. always cancel contracts in written from and send by fax with transmission report)

• yernsunyernsun Member

@ZweiTiger said:

I don't know the ssd plans,but the server I had used is really not so well!
    many other providers have pretty plans .keep away from server4you,it is not for you ,it's for money

• @Falzo said:
    I don't think I'll have any trouble with them regarding billing/cancelation... I am used to propably awaited business behaviour in germany (e.g. always cancel contracts in written from and send by fax with transmission report)

Maybe you will have credit card issues. They got the money but cant see the transaction number... then have to refund and repay... Sometimes happen to me..

Their billing system is totally shit.. shit.. shit!

You could pay by paypal if your currency is euro and only if you has money on your paypal balance..

So interesting shit things. Anyway... we shall see its good or not.. :D

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • FalzoFalzo Member

I am able to pay by direct debit (bank transfer) with them, no need for CC or else, and chargeback is easily done up to 56 days...