Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have a dashboard that aggregates multiple payment providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone have a dashboard that aggregates multiple payment providers?

MintyMinty Member

For example, like, Stripe+Dwolla+Coinbase transactions/MRR/MRR-per-client/etc?

Part of me is tempted to build one, but if one exists, I'd probably use it instead. ;)

Comments

• I'd be interested in something like this too

• @Minty said:
    For example, like, Stripe+Dwolla+Coinbase transactions/MRR/MRR-per-client/etc?

Part of me is tempted to build one, but if one exists, I'd probably use it instead. ;)

Sent you a PM, we're working on something inhouse for this as part of our Nebula expansion, and may be so inclined as to release is as an Open Source project once the proof of concept passes compliance testing (ie: is it safe to even release.)

• MintyMinty Member
    edited May 2014

@GoodHosting

Cool, thanks :)

@bpsRobert

What payment providers would interest you?

• wychwych Member

Im interested at whats out there now, would make things easier.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

Wouldn't an accountancy focused offering provide this? Xero supports streams via a large number of payment processors/banks. Some is provided via API some is scraped.

• @Minty said:
    GoodHosting

Cool, thanks :)

bpsRobert

What payment providers would interest you?

Paypal, stripe, & braintree would be my list

• MintyMinty Member

@Virtovo said:
    Wouldn't an accountancy focused offering provide this? Xero supports streams via a large number of payment processors/banks. Some is provided via API some is scraped.

Sorta but no. Their reporting is designed for normal business accounting [e.g. Am I making money? How much is my payroll?] which -is- good. However, it doesn't track things that I care about [e.g. MRR, MRR per customer, COGS per Plan]...which makes it nice but simultaneously useless for financial reporting unless I'm paying my taxes.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@Minty said:
    Sorta but no. Their reporting is designed for normal business accounting [e.g. Am I making money? How much is my payroll?] which -is- good. However, it doesn't track things that I care about [e.g. MRR, MRR per customer, COGS per Plan]...which makes it nice but simultaneously useless for financial reporting unless I'm paying my taxes.

I've never dug too deep into any of the cloud based accountancy packages. Wasn't sure what was brought across as I thought you'd only need to add in term lengths to calculate most of the above.

• MintyMinty Member

@Virtovo said:
    I've never dug too deep into any of the cloud based accountancy packages. Wasn't sure what was brought across as I thought you'd only need to add in term lengths to calculate most of the above.

Yes, I could do it in a spreadsheet. Do I want to? Not really. ;) is terribly lazy

• What would you want exactly for something like this? I feel like a new project going on the burner, but would like to see a list of requirements/features. I know @GoodHosting said he has something like this in the works and may release, but never hurts to see.

• What about Geckoboard with some custom widgets. I think they have Paypal already

• MintyMinty Member
    edited May 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    What about Geckoboard with some custom widgets. I think they have Paypal already

That would work if they have the 3 I listed already. I don't really like Paypal tbh. I'm not sure I want to pay $50/month for the privilege of writing my own widgets.

@daxterfellowes
    Tbh, if it needs building, I'd do it myself given the reason for my interest is a metrics/dashboard saas project I'm thinking of building. However, it is a large enough project [integrating 3 apis is going to take me more than a couple hours] it would be worth like $10/month to me or something to avoid building it.

The closest example would be:
    https://demo.baremetrics.io/dashboard

But it is missing metrics I think are important [e.g. PlanValue - COGS] and is Stripe-only.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

@Minty said:

You can do that with WHMCS. It is actually customer management software not just billing. It comes with a lot of common reports but they are designed to give you the ability to create custom ones out of them. As long as the database stores the raw data then you can create a report out of it. If it does not store some data point you can create custom fields to track that.

Custom reporting is one of the more powerful and underrated features of WHMCS imho.
    http://docs.whmcs.com/Reports

You don't need to know much if anything about PHP either. A non-programmer could easily do it.

Thanked by 1Minty
  • MintyMinty Member

@sman said:
    You don't need to know much if anything about PHP either. It's mostly just variables you are working with.

Programming isn't an issue, more the value of my limited time to work on a side project. :)

I forgot WHMCS wasn't purely for webhosting. I could theoretically put 'products' that were not webhosting related on it. It is an idea at any rate. Thanks. :)

• smansman Member
    edited May 2014

@Minty said:
    I forgot WHMCS wasn't purely for webhosting. I could theoretically put 'products' that were not webhosting related on it. It is an idea at any rate. Thanks. :)

It's not much of a project. I created all my custom reporting in a day or two to do some fairly complex things. I would say it was about as much work as creating a custom spreadsheet. I was surprised how easy it was. Way more powerful than a spreadsheet. You can adjust things like start and end date and query the database in real time. No need to export data.

• MintyMinty Member

@sman said:
    It's not much of a project. I created all my custom reporting in a day or two to do some fairly complex things. I would say it was about as much work as creating a custom spreadsheet. I was surprised how easy it was.

Fair enough, I've never used WHMCS. Webhosting has never been something I've been interested in doing personally, always seemed too much hassle to support people who are paying you $10/month. :)

I'll see if I can shoehorn my project into WHMCS.

• smansman Member

@Minty said:
    I'll see if I can shoehorn my project into WHMCS.

I'm just mentioning WHMCS because that is what I use. They probably all do it to some extent.

• MintyMinty Member

@sman said:
    I'm just mentioning WHMCS because that is what I use. They probably all do it to some extent.

Eh, the problem is there isn't really a "WHMCS" for SaaS products in general, so there isn't an equivalent.