Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free vps trial for 3 days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free vps trial for 3 days

Could a trusted long time member of lowendtalk take a 3 day trial from me to test my vps out and let everyone know about our services

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sale didn't go too well huh?

3 days is no-where near enough to give a decent review of service, try a couple of months minimum.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

Nekki said: Sale didn't go too well huh?

lol yeh on lowend no sales yet, i am new to selling vps hosting so will see how it goes i think months is to long though i will consider that, my prices are very cheap so will see what happens, anymore advice please feel free to advice me further if you have any more tips : )

• NekkiNekki Veteran

My advice is differentiate.

• @Nekki said:
    My advice is differentiate.

Very nice ^_^

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Seriously though mate, although it's not your only issue, you'll not get any orders until you get a proper website, no-one's going to buy anything from you until you do.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Nekki said:
    Seriously though mate, although it's not your only issue, you'll not get any orders until you get a proper website, no-one's going to buy anything from you until you do.

The websites are good enough ^_^ though if you want to help me please i would appreciate that.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sz1hosting said:
    The websites are good enough ^_^ though if you want to help me please i would appreciate that.

What I mean is that you can't order through your site.

• Oh i see, i want to do the orders manually to ensure a high standard & good quality service.

• yes, make a professional looking website. the current one looks like some kids work.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Need a good free template for hostingandvps.com using wordpress, paid for all my services for 2 years, so got everything i need but no budget to get a nice template : (

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@sz1hosting said:

My advice would be to pick up a theme here: http://themeforest.net/ failing that reverse the clock even further and go with something like http://prgmr.com

Once the above is sorted then get yourself online with a billing/support system: WHMCS, Hostbill, Clientexec or Blesta are what you're looking for here. People are not going to feel great about clicking a paypal button on your website to get service.

Also drop the graphic in your post. Either spend some more time on it (or hire some help at fiverr.com) or have a text based post.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • namhuynamhuy Member

sz1hosting said: Oh i see, i want to do the orders manually

people don't like to wait for their vps info for so long. instant activation is always nice to have. for me good quality service means uptime and functional. you do every thing manually may slow you down and your clients may not be happy waiting

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sz1hosting said:
    Oh i see, i want to do the orders manually to ensure a high standard & good quality service.

You can still do that with WHCMS. Not having a proper billing site just makes you look like an amateur, not that you're looking to ensure quality.

If you can't afford a billing site license, you shouldn't be in this game at all.

• Good advice : ) well i got the main stuff all paid for everything else will come in time, i do not sleep much so always around to be honest.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sz1hosting said: i do not sleep much so always around to be honest.

Not exactly a statement that inspires confidence.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

There's honesty and then things that damage your reputation. If you have some questions or require some help regarding anything to do with your business drop me a PM. I think any more public discussion will do more harm than good.

edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    If you can't afford a billing site license, you shouldn't be in this game at all.

No point paying $15 a month for whmcs when i do not have many customers, saying if i can not afford a billing license i should not be in the game is not really applicable to a host who basically no VPS customers right now, i wont give up because i do not have lots of money, maybe you can pay for it for me?
    This is a hobby for me to be honest, so if i fail to make sales i will still be around i won't give up, i have 2 years to make a sale lol.

• LowENDLowEND Member

There's honesty and then things that damage your reputation. If you have some questions or require some help regarding anything to do with your business drop me a PM. I think any more public discussion will do more harm than good.

I second that.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • namhuynamhuy Member

sz1hosting said: maybe you can pay for it for me?

reminds me about http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25506/can-anyone-sponsor-me-a-vps#latest

maybe it's your hobby but every transaction involved money is business transaction which you may face consequences

• namhuy said: maybe it's your hobby but every transaction involved money is business transaction which you may face consequences

I was being sarcastic lol

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Virtovo said: I think any more public discussion will do more harm than good.

Too late!

sz1hosting said: No point paying $15 a month for whmcs when i do not have many customers, saying if i can not afford a billing license i should not be in the game is not really applicable to a host who basically no VPS customers right now, i wont give up because i do not have lots of money, maybe you can pay for it for me? This is a hobby for me to be honest, so if i fail to make sales i will still be around i won't give up, i have 2 years to make a sale lol.

You need to spend money to make money. Had you spent that $15, there's a good chance you'd have a bunch of customers now as there's a good chance someone would have tried you out. Plus, if $15 a month is that big a deal to you, then that raises serious questions about your ability to continue to fund the business in the short-term.

Also, saying this is 'just a hobby' is another statement that won't inspire confidence.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Nekki said: Plus, if $15 a month is that big a deal to you, then that raises serious questions about your ability to continue to fund the business in the short-term.

All my services are paid for 2 years i prob should of just paid for 6 months or 1 year though this clearly means i am good for 2 years so i am in this for the long term : )

• I appreciate all the responses people have made. It has given me a lot of food for thought. The trial is still available if anyone wishes to make use of it : )

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited May 2014

I'll try out your vps and do a review if you want. PM me.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting said:

You paid for your dedi for 2 years?

Just template your site up and make it look good to customers; you can also use WHMCS or even Simple Invoices to make the order management easier for you and more appealing to customers.

I'd say extend your review period a little; an empty node is quick - everyone knows that, also do you have a ToS the reviewee (not sure if as word) would have to stick to like clients?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

wych said: You paid for your dedi for 2 years?

More or less yes, thanks i will sort it out soon just spent to much right now lol will grab a nice template from my next sale : )

• NekkiNekki Veteran

A final word from me; the best advice you've had so far is to have these discussions in private. You've got a willing volunteer now, so ask for a close on this one and let it sink.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    A final word from me; the best advice you've had so far is to have these discussions in private.

I would agree with that too.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • zionvpszionvps Member

My experience says
    1 - get a automatic provisioning system - it's a must
    2 - improve your website's template quality
    3 - using mcafee secure banners has no meaning unless you use ssl for client area
    4 - do some marketing research. be ready to invest couple of hundreds in advertisements
    5 - start up an affliate system, it is easy to find if you lurk around a few sites
    6 - Dont ask these kind of questions in public. someone in 2016 might google your niche and find this thread

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • @zionvps thanks : )

This discussion has been closed.