Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Building a site from a template
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Building a site from a template

SMatSMat Member

can anyone tell me what is a really good tool for building websites from template?
Is not a big site, just couple of images and text, although in the long run i might be interested to use for selling.

Comments

• wychwych Member

Dreamweaver.

• Visual Studio. The best tool I know for web developing. But of course I am also very intimate with it. I use it for 80% of my code including HTML, LESS, CSS, MVC, Node.js, PHP, C#, C++, etc.

• Notepad ++ ;) Be a pro!!!

Thanked by 2perennate MarshalChe
  • PwnerPwner Member

Coda for Mac. A friend of mine gave me a copy of it. I've officially replaced Dreamweaver with Coda since.

• @MonsteR said:
    Notepad ++ ;) Be a pro!!!

I absolutely love Notepad ++. I use it on all of my computers.

Thanked by 1MarshalChe
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited April 2014

@daxterfellowes said:
    I absolutely love Notepad ++. I use it on all of my computers.

Same, It's so nice and easy for edits and some types of scripting depending on what your doing. Also netbeans is ok too just no where as lite weight as Notepad ++.

Thanked by 1MarshalChe
  • @MonsteR said:
    Same, It's so nice and easy for edits and some types of scripting depending on what your doing. Also netbeans is ok too just no where as lite weight as Notepad ++.

If it's web development (with the exclusion of .Net/Java), I'll use Notepad ++. Netbeans and Eclipse are specialty products, so I don't see them as fitting under the guise of using Notepad.

Thanked by 1MarshalChe
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I've been using Geany for quite sometime I got to say it is an awesome editor.

• Sublime text 2

• ATHKATHK Member

Notepad++ , Eclipse PHP or even PHPStorm.

Thanked by 1MarshalChe
  • I don't even think he is asking for an editor.

• juanjuan Member

Try CMS, like joomla, there's a lot find which best suit you.

• Sublime text all the way.

• When i saw Notepad++ in this topic i thanked. And couldn't stop )
    @SMat, if you have good html knowledge (not excellent, just good), Notepad++ will be OK. If you don't know html, any editor would be difficult. Any CMS maybe? It'll be much easier. HTML template could be converted into CMS template. Or you can choose from thousands of them. The better CMS for the beginner is Wordpress (imho), blog.com and many other platforms use it and people don't get any troubles with it.

• mee2mee2 Member

Vim

• SMatSMat Member

Thank you all for your advice's!! Really helpful!!