Initial server setup offers please.
Long time lurker...
I currently have a fairly high specification, managed VPS plan. The managed aspect of the server is getting painfully bad however and I find myself fumbling through with any changes/updates I require myself.
With this in mind, I plan on investing in a dedicated server to see how I get on. I would like however, to have the server initially configured correctly as a starting point, and to my needs by somebody who knows what they are doing (hopefully a trusted member from here?)
I'm open to guidance in regards to how best set everything up, but the information I can give is:
- It would be used as a web server to host both dynamic websites and also database driven websites.
- It would use WHM/cPanel (VPS license I believe can be used if I use one large VPS?).
- I would like to experiment with Railgun by CloudFlare (Installation is simply a matter of installing via an RPM or .deb file).
- General server optimisation and hardening.
- Backup advice.
- Advice on moving from current server (WHM/cPanel)
I'm sure there will be plenty more questions before offers can be given and I look forward to hearing from you.