Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLOSE THIS POST>>
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CLOSE THIS POST>>

StevieStevie Member
edited April 2014 in General

I WAS WRONG OK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT....

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member

Yea you were wrong, you already paid for the months anyway!? All they did was take take out your credit and apply it to an invoice that they always send early?

• When you have a balance, invoices are automatically paid from that balance. And since they generate invoices 15 days prior to the due date, then that's when the balance was reduced.

So that paid for your second month of service. What's the problem, exactly?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

This is pretty normal for whmcs. Correct me if I am wrong though. With whmcs, it will auto set your invoices as paid if you have prepaid balance.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2014

So you did a chargeback on something that you had subscription on and you specifically agreed to the terms on a signup? This kind of things should get reported to fraudrecord :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

said: Do you think i was wrong?

Yes, you were wrong. Appalling behaviour on your part.

• LeeLee Veteran

Agreed, you were wrong to chargeback.

All that happened was that they system seen you had credt and took the payment at that point. You still got the same time, the provider was robbed, not you.

• they charged me 15 days before the due date, and the next months due date did not change meaning i lose 15 days - so after the credit would be used up, i would lose days.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2014

@Stevie said:
    they charged me 15 days before the due date, and the next months due date did not change meaning i lose 15 days - so after the credit would be used up, i would lose days.

You would not have lost any days...... when your credit was used up - you could have waited until the DAY payment was due to pay your invoice and still had services up to that day.

• I understand your problem here, if you would just pay 1 day before the actual renewal date then the money is gone at that day. in your case its gone before, but hey read the TOS ;)

• Unless i am thinking to hard on this, but lets say i ordered on the 1st, on the 15th it took the money, then on the 30th it would take again, that means i am loosing 15 days on each bill.

anyway i chargeback the prepaid balance, they still got there month paid.

• @Stevie i hope they report you for fraud and you never get a service for any decent provider. Ever.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2014

Not at all.

Let's say you signed up on 1st of March. Your next due date is 1st next month - April. You will get charged on 15th and the due date will be moved 1 month later, 1st of May. You are not loosing anything here, not a single day.

And chargebacks cost money to the provider. You are extremely lucky that they haven't terminated you. I would have.

• Well holy shit,

I only asked a question about something i did a year ago and every webhost wants to chew my heart out.

Well now that i know this you dont have to get the nazi's to get me now.

Ok now i know what i did was wrong and be sure not to do this again, as i said they kept the 1 month i was with them. but i got the credit back because i did not know this.

Damn it, you all sound like i chop someone's arm off and should be sent directly to hell because i did a chargeback on credit on there account 1 year ago.

• andreblueandreblue Member
    edited April 2014

It would have taken payment but when the due date came around is when you would get what you paired for. Early invoices are better then the day before ones. What you did was frankly quite stupid. You charged back on a bill for a item you were still going to pay? At worst if you wanted you could have added more funds to your account credit.

• I think you're getting confused because of how early they send an invoice, but the due date always remains the same. I have a credit balance with Backupsy so let's go with that as an example.

My upcoming due date is on May 1st, but they sent me an invoice on April 17th as an early reminder that I will have to pay soon. Since I have a bunch of credit available, it was deducted automatically from my credit balance on April 17th. However, that does not change the fact that my next due date is on June 1st, because I'm being billed on a monthly basis.

If I no longer had any credit available (which I do, but let's pretend I don't), then I would receive another invoice on May 17th-- but, I am not obligated to pay it right away, nor does it mean they're going to terminate my services once May 17th is over. I can pay the invoice anytime from May 17th to the last day of May if I wanted to because it's entirely up to me. I can even fail to pay the invoice and get suspended/terminated after receiving a few overdue payment notices.

• So, Stevie, do you have something to make it more clear?

When did you buy the service? When did you pay it? And when did it took the ballance?

Do you want to say that you charged twice for a service in a month?

• @hellogoodbye

Thanks for answering me this without taking a wooden cross to crucify me, i understand now. The reason I made this thread is because i remembered this happened to me before and 2 days ago crissic did the same thing, i wanted to know if this is basically normal and now every vps provider has me on the "FBI watchlist" because i asked a question.

• @ErawanArifNugroho

Over a year ago i bought the vps.

I thought i was being charged twice in a month but i understand now.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • LeeLee Veteran

now every vps provider has me on the "FBI watchlist" because i asked a question.

No, just because of the way you then took it the nazi level.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

Yeah but to be fair dude you're only asking if it's the right thing to do after you've irreversibly charged back and cost them money. Maybe you should have tried find out how right you were before you did it.

Thus far at least you've proven to be temperamental and impulsive, I might refuse you service too.

• @W1V_Lee
    I just added that statement 2 minutes ago.....

• hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited April 2014

@Stevie said:
    hellogoodbye

Thanks for answering me this without taking a wooden cross to crucify me, i understand now. The reason I made this thread is because i remembered this happened to me before and 2 days ago crissic did the same thing, i wanted to know if this is basically normal and now every vps provider has me on the "FBI watchlist" because i asked a question.

Not a problem. I think the "15 day" thing was what tripped you up and made you feel like you were being billed every 15 days, when I think they actually meant that they send you an invoice notice 15 days prior to your actual due date. It gives ample time for customers to pay their invoices, and it also gives them ammo to say "Hey, I sent you invoices from as early on as two weeks before you have to pay, there is no excuse for your payments to be overdue!". It's actually a win-win situation for both sides, in my opinion. :)

• @AThomasHowe

What do you mean? its been over a year since that happened, and i was not on lowendtalk at that time, plus only people i had to talk to was the provider, they never explained it to me.

If you felt a host was stealing from you and didnt explain what happened, im sure you would do the same

• LeeLee Veteran

Maybe you can make amends and ask the provider if they suffered any charges because of your mistake and give them the fee's back.

• @hellogoodbye

Now that i understand now, i agree its good, but the provider never explained it to me and i thought he was basically overcharging.

I am just pissed all these damn providers are going so damn crazy even though for a question..

I was wrong and i understand now.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

OP you should leave your initial post up. BTW the word "chargeback" is worse than calling their mother's a selection of 4 letter words.

fraudrecord

nazi level

See when I see stuff like this, I want to know whether it was warranted (original post needs to be there).

I think I the general gist though. WHMCS emails of invoices is indeed confusing. I wait for the 1st overdue one on non-subscription payments because all the reminders at some arbitrary-time-per-provider is just a pain in the @rse, and the default email titles are stupid.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

Stevie said: What do you mean? its been over a year since that happened, and i was not on lowendtalk at that time, plus only people i had to talk to was the provider, they never explained it to me.

If you felt a host was stealing from you and didnt explain what happened, im sure you would do the same

It's hard to quote you as you edited out your post but what I meant was that you were unsure if you were in the right but you decided to do the chargeback/dispute with paypal anyway and then find out wether or not it was right. In future you'd probably be best to investigate before you take serious action.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Now after you did chargeback for nothing, will you cover his chargeback fee?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

ricardo said: See when I see stuff like this, I want to know whether it was warranted (original post needs to be there).

He did a chargeback because he didn't realise that if you have credit, it's taken when the invoice is generated.

Basically he massively overreacted.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • drserver said: Now after you did chargeback for nothing, will you cover his chargeback fee?

And the 15 days of service.

This discussion has been closed.