Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore Review (Part 2)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore Review (Part 2)

edited May 2012 in General

---- Hello everyone, as you can see in this post http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2645/ipxcore-vps-review-great-service
Infinity is saying that the other reviews are not as a "great" he/she is probably most likely talking about my other reviews I have did for IPXCore, which was simply a paragraph of me explaining how there customer service is very good. Well I read that Infinity said we didn't do enough work explaining our reviews, so here I go. (Again, I am not saying anything bad about Infinity's review, I am just motivated now to right my own that is better then before)

First about 7months ago, I was using a old forum software called Invision Power Board 1.3 to power my forum, I needed a place to host it and I was searching google for weeks. I was looking at an insane amount of VPS hosting companies. Finally one day I saw LOWENDTALK and saw IPXCore on the front page, (CHEAP VPS HOSTING AT A LOW PRICE). Ofcourse I Was like oh okay just another random one right? No. I visited the site, and I always look if they have a "Online Chat" or a "Contact number" to use to verify legitimately of the site. (I would call them to verify or talk to them over livechat). Well IPXCore had there technical support as "Online". So I clicked on it and started to chat with a representative named "adam"; now known as "phxadam" on these forums, the CEO's partner or whatever)

This is why IPXCore shines through other hosts. I have had no EXPERIENCE AT ALL using linux, I didn't even know what "Putty" was or how to change the root password in a VPS Control panel. So pretty much, I go off as a noob 13 year old kid to hide my linux knowledge and seek help, so I asked adam questions like:

"Hey, how do I use this??? what command to do this/etcetc/how do I connect to my VPS?/ how do I install php and mysql/ how do I install a APC? / how do I check how much ram you guys have? / how do I change my root password? /.......................etc...........

Well pretty much, I asked adam these questions for about a week. Guess what? He never stopped, or once told me I was a noob, nor ONCE demeaned my behaviour or NOT ONCE stopped talking to me. In matter of fact, he actually bared through it and wanted to teach me linux and how to setup a VPS and optimize it, tweak it and more. So I am giving you this anecdotal story because these representatives actually do care about you, and the way I was talking to adam, I guarantee if I did it that way to any other HOSTING Company, they wouldn't last 1hour with me. They probably would think I was just some noob that was trolling or something.

Let's get down to the speed.
I did start with Invision Power Board 1.3, which was indeed a fast forum software, there was a stupid mysql injection with this 10year old software that I did not know about until the day my forums got hacked. The rage and motivation that came from my forum getting hacked, made me build a new custom forum software which I have developed from the ground up. (PHP/MYSQL/JAVASCRIPT) Just some food for though. This all happened when I had hosting with IPXCore and they never had downtime. Im not here to do fancy little linux commands like Infinity did to show speeds, but Infinity has given you some good benchmarks, check out Infinity's review: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2645/ipxcore-vps-review-great-service

What I like to show you for speed is actually going to a site that is hosted from them and you get to see for yourself if it's fast or not. So if you're on Chrome/Opera/IE the page loadings are almost instant.

Visit http://speakwhatsreal.com/
Look at the simple ping:

About almost 90ms? Im only on a 5mbit connection also. Plus the 50,000 byte banner ontop, which is indeed cached but still if that was removed it does save a couple Milliseconds.
My point is my forum has alot of features, It's not just a simple MYSQL table getting called from php, I have countless mod's and some queries do take a hit in performance, but with IPXCore, it slices right through them. I am currently not even using over 120MB of Ram on my current plan. (I have tested it with over 20 concurrent users online, I barely hit 130MB Ram) that also goes to show you not only my forums are very stable/coded properly, but how IPXCore servers can handle the load quite easily for the cheap payment plan I am on, it's incredible.

A couple days ago, I asked IPXCore if I could get some pictures of the servers in the racks at the datacenter. (I Was going to add them to my Photo Gallery on my forum). The next day, I get a email with 5 HD pictures from the data center, including the rack which hosts my forum. I was very pleased and extremely satisfied, I'd thought I'd throw this out here just to show you they indeed are reliable.

To sum it up, forums are supposed to be fast. My forum would not function if it was slow, slow forums like vbulleting/ipb/etc should all go extinct, but it's whatever. I don't know what I would do without IPXCore being there for me, or what phxadam has helped me accomplish with linux. I would probably be using a noob shared hosting account again if adam would have never been there for me. Just goes to show you how being patient with a random customer can bring so much positive influences to your company, Adam is not only a good customer representative but it also shows true dedication to his business work ethic. And obviously that exemplifies what IPXCore has to offer.

Thank you,

--Newman

Comments

• Very good review, sounds like they are doing a great job over there.

• Now I want to get a VPS with them, I like the fact that they did not abandon you

• Akira92Akira92 Member

hey, i've been lurking for like almost a year and i never seen a review quite like this one, what an awesome review. Decided to come and just post and say that. bye ;)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

great!

• LAKidLAKid Member

I wish I had same experience as you guys had.
    I think I'm going to cancel after this month.

• yomeroyomero Member

@LAKid said: I wish I had same experience as you guys had.

You NEVER have good experiences with ANY host ¬¬

Thanked by 2Aldryic Legendlink
  • Thanks for that review, its nice to have a review that focuses on a different aspect of the company rather than just the vps offerings.

+1 for ipxcore

• DamianDamian Member

Thanks everyone!

So what's going on?

• LAKidLAKid Member

You must've been busy over the weekend.
    I closed the ticket after 10 hours of waiting for vswap thing.
    never mind though, it's not important, just wanted to experience it.

• DamianDamian Member

Well that explains what happened, then.

There's no notification when a ticket gets closed, so when I got home and sat down to do support tickets, I didn't see yours anymore, so my mental thought was "oh, someone else must have moved him around", and continued about my day.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Like I said, not a big deal, also it was weekend anyway.

• edited May 2012

What happened? I get instant replies from the tech support if I ever need to talk to them... ever since I opened my account almost a half a year ago? I hope you stay with them, you're missing out...... Damian already replied so that obviously shows you he does care. let me know what happens, hope you change your mind and not quit with them.

• DamianDamian Member

@SpeakWhatsReal said: I get instant replies from the tech support if I ever need to talk to them

Our response time was a bit lacking this past weekend on non-critical issues. Wife's grandfather died, so I was doing teddy-bear duty, and Adam was here-and-away due to his work schedule.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Like I said, it's not a big deal.
    Just wanted to see what vswap does, that's all.

• @LAKid said: Like I said, it's not a big deal.

Just wanted to see what vswap does, that's all.

Okay ;) I was just scared you were going to leave them just because a techy didn't answer your ticket. I understand now, and my condolences to Damian's family.