Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Initial Review of Hosthatch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Initial Review of Hosthatch

StellaEVStellaEV Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews

Ive had a few servers from hosthatch before - in their NL location (If I remember correctly). Their speeds were quite good back then, so when their anniversary offer appeared on LEB, I took a shot and grabbed the 2GB VZ-SSD #4 in Los Angeles

Network Speeds:
Their hosted at Colo 55 (AS46562)

Download is nice, but upload leaves a bit to be desired sometimes. I'm going to let that go because Los Angeles speeds suck in general.

Disk Performance:

root@TinaFey:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.854868 s, 1.3 GB/s

Excellent speeds - their hosted on SSD

Support:

Support was quite fast on weekdays, but seems to be a bit on the slow side on weekends - I submitted a ticket in the wee hours of 00:10 on saturday and it took until 9:10am today for them to add a few iptables modules for nat, xt_connlimit, and ip6t_state. Im still waiting on them to generate an invoice for an requested additional IP.

Overall - I have only setup a few things (VPN, OwnCloud, Varnish) but performance has been excellent so far. At the moment, I am only using it as a personal VPS. As an added bonus, they have a less than 1ms latency to Backupsy's Los Angeles location - which I ended up using as a FTP storage (over openvpn) for owncloud.

Comments

• I bought the vps on Sweden, and the disk is good

• Generally agree, solid service and good value @ $24/year for the nodes I have.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited April 2014

Sweden VPS IO

root@server:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.29937 s, 826 MB/s

Speedtest results

• gkzgkz Member

Disk speed is good, but the network on VZ SSD 2 when tested using speedtest, were hardly to achieve 100Mbps. But if we use the VZ SSD4, it can be more than 130Mbps

Is there a network cap for each package?

• What node are you on - I have VZ SSD 3 as well, and I can get the same speeds as VZ SSD 4

• The package is VZ-SSD #3 and NODE is SSD 11 STH.

• last year I have vps from them .

the speed real 1Gbps and disk I/O up to 1GB

the locate in netherland

• gkzgkz Member

It's the same node, SSD 11 STH. :)

• oh, im on SSD 10 - different node :P

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Just saw this - thanks :)

Billing/sales can be a bit slow indeed - we're working on that. Tech support is fast 24/7/365 (except a few days when there's a lot of workload).

We don't have any limits "per plan", it is 1 Gbps for every plan. You are testing on speedtest.net which is the problem here. I've seen results going to 1600 Mbps up/down and as low as a few Mbps. It is made for "consumer testing" - for home connections, not for testing the speed of servers. A client of ours posted this on LEB - http://www.speedtest.net/result/3450839591.png so you can see how speedtest.net might not be the best way to test it.

@instatech said:
    Sweden VPS IO

root@server:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.29937 s, 826 MB/s

Speedtest results

Please see what I wrote above. Also - you are not testing it from any Sweden/Stockholm locations but in Netherlands.

Let me know if I can help any time :)

• gracagraca Member

very tempting, added to my watchlist

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2014

I used a HostHatch VPS (NL) for several months last year and had an overall experience that was very good.

Thanks guys!

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited April 2014

Hosthatch was finally able to fix the problem and here is the updated speedtest result

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

Serverius network is pretty impressive indeed.

• SCAM from HostHatch! They STEAL MY MONEY after pre-payment for 6 months!

I deposited in Advance to my HostHatch account a 6 month pre-payment, incl. the cPanel option, so that when the invoice arrives, my websites and service won’t be interrupted.
    HostHatch, by mistake, suspended my account because no invoice was generated.
    I contacted them, they apologised and re-activate my account, BUT now all my websites were not working, my DNS was not resolving as it was before.
    I asked them politely either fix or refund me because I don’t know how to fix deal with it.
    They said I should pay another company that they recommend to fix it for me, because for this price they only provide hardware, not support.
    Since it’s been less than 7 days from my payment/billing cycle, I asked them for a refund. On top of that they never wish to help, like most other hosting providers do. I pay 30$ per month for a VPS including a cPanel (a 6 month pre-payment), I believe at least I should get some support, especially when the problem started after they, by mistake, suspended my account after which all my sites don’t work!
    I Canceled my service for which I prepaid through my Control Panel, so they know that I am not using it since I am asking for a refund in which they replied: "Submitting a cancellation request is not the channel to request for a refund, this is your choice to cancel your service immediately (early) or at the end of the billing period (the end).”
    So now I prepaid for 6 months then canceled after few days and they keep all my money. Do you guys believe is right to treat your customers this way? Any Recommendation guys you can give me or to them regarding this situation?

• HostHatch havevery good reputation, I guess there is some misunderstanding here. I am sure @Abdullah would have a look at your issue & help you further.

• @fametel said:
    HostHatch havevery good reputation, I guess there is some misunderstanding here. I am sure Abdullah would have a look at your issue & help you further.

I wrote to him. Let's see what it does. I even asked for a chargeback but paypal doesn't give back since it's a service. I prepaid for 6 months of hosting and 6 months of cPancel licence. They keep ALL my money and closed my account since they say I am threating them with a chargeback. I see no other option to get my money back. He doesn't answer the phone nor wants to hear anything. These guys CANNOT be trusted! Maybe you are his good friend, then I'll understand. But I am his customer he ripped off!!

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2015

@alexsosn don't spam your bad experience in every HostHatch related threads, please, create your own one instead.

• @alexsosn why use a unmanaged host when you can't mange your DNS? If the server was turned off for some days (because the error) it will take some hours before DNS is updated on all DNS servers around the world, and first then will the sites works.
    Also, they do inform that prepaid money is non refundable. So you can't complain there.
    I did the same "mistake" so I have over $130 in credit there, but moved my server to another provider, and can't get my money back.
    But then I can use them for some smaller plans and have a reserve if I need a server quick.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited March 2015

@alexsosn said:
    I wrote to him. Let's see what it does. I even asked for a chargeback but paypal doesn't give back since it's a service. I prepaid for 6 months of hosting and 6 months of cPancel licence. They keep ALL my money and closed my account since they say I am threatening them with a chargeback. I see no other option to get my money back. He doesn't answer the phone nor wants to hear anything. These guys CANNOT be trusted! Maybe you are his good friend, then I'll understand. But I am his customer he ripped off!!

No I am not friends with him but they are a well reputed company which is evident from numerous positive reviews around the we. If you open a chargeback or threaten to do so with any hosting provider, you only have 1 in a million chance that they would cooperate with you from that point onward.It is in the ToS of every provider which you agree to at the time of signing up with them. So in future try to resolve payment issues with patience rather than jumping to chargebacks.

I wish you best of luck in resolving this issue.

• @fametel said:
    I wish you best of luck in resolving this issue.

I am sure you would feel ripped off as me in my situation! I TRIED very hard to resolve this issue with patience, and only after they let me know I won't see my money nor service, I had no choice. Anyway, I did not get anything back, I am just WARNING others that this might happen to them as well!

Thanks

I've posted our response at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14638/hosthatch-review -- I do not see the reason this had to be posted at multiple threads on multiple forums.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Since the discussion is ongoing in the other thread I'll close this.

This discussion has been closed.