Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Customer Service - A Big NO to Idea stack Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Worst Customer Service - A Big NO to Idea stack Hosting

Hello LET Members,

I was fooled by a terrible company called ideastackhosting.com. They provided me 4 core Cpanel VPS with Platinum VPS +++ plan and the total cost came around $46. (2820 INR)

By plan default they provided me with 3 I.P address, managed service, 4 core CPU, 200 GB HDD and 2TB bandwidth and the link is http://ideastackhosting.com/cpanel-vps.html

From the start I had issues since they promised 24/7 support and the setup time is 2 hours. I waited and waited and finally got the VPS setup done after 5 hours from the purchase time.
When I contacted customer support, I was told that as per the policy VPS activation will take 24 hours. But the sales representative before purchase told me maximum of 2 hours is the setup time.

I was given with a trial cpanel license and only 1 extra I.P. when I asked for it, the answer for cpanel is that after 15 days license will get activated automatically. ( By plan default 3 I.P’s) and they forgot to provide me another one I.P

The I.P’s and cpanel license for everything they asked me to log a support ticket even though I called them asking for queries. Im surprised a person was asking to log a support ticket when it should be provided to me during the initial purchase.

The live chat in the site is only for sales and when you ask for sales questions also they will say they are new and don’t know anything. I’m not sure how they maintain such disastrous live chat.

I asked for reverse DNS & PTR to be set. But I got a support reply stating that I.P’s are clean and no reverse PTR is required. They don’t know what a reverse DNS and PTR is and gave me a funny answer.

My mails started bouncing back and asked them to setup a reverse DNS after several explanations. They did something and site went down. Immediately I said enough of your support, provide me the refund. Here comes the entire climax. Their site showed cpanel license is 720 rupees ( $ 11.87) where us they deducted $17. Am not sure how they do the calculations since I was charged in INR and not in $. They deducted cost for 4 I.P’s and not 3 I.P’s. I asked them why I was charged for extra IP which I did not ask. The funniest reply came that PTR record needs one more extra I.P

Finally they are refunding me through cheque and not through the payment method which I used. (credit card)

The total amount that will be refunded is 10.42$ and that too through cheque. This is how a non professional company cheats ppl and im the laymen of it.

Im planning to charge back and need your thoughts as well.

Comments

• SunnSunn Member

Well do not chargeback from paypal, but from bank.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not going to receive that cheque for some time.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • PwnerPwner Member

I don't normally say this, but given the circumstances...

@Nekki said:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not going to receive that cheque for some time.

Agreed, if possible see if you can just chargeback. Checks sent through the mail system tend to get "lost" in it. You'll just find yourself screwed over one more time.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Thank you guys and my first duty is to charge back tomorrow. They are one of the worst i have ever seen. Even the replies to the support tickets were harsh. when i asked for PYR records to setup, the reply was that they cannot come to my home and explain PTR. Such an unprofessional behavior.

• LeeLee Veteran

@kvclix seems like you have just had a bad experience and there is no "other side" to the story. I would chargeback to be honest. You are not going to see the cheque, it will be "In the post" for a long time.

It's BS anyway, you paid by Credit Card and therefore it should be refunded by that method.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Most of that is fairly normal, except the PTR record thing. In the low end crowd here you get the IPs up front, but it's been standard for many of the more standard business model companies to dish those out with justification only. Liquidweb did that to me. Also on setup time, keep in mind cpanel can take about 45 minutes to install on a good day.

But yeah the PTR record thing...brilliant.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    kvclix seems like you have just had a bad experience and there is no "other side" to the story. I would chargeback to be honest. You are not going to see the cheque, it will be "In the post" for a long time.

It's BS anyway, you paid by Credit Card and therefore it should be refunded by that method.

Yeah I will charge back for sure. Thanks a lot dude for your effort to respond to this.

@jarland said:
    Most of that is fairly normal, except the PTR record thing. In the low end crowd here you get the IPs up front, but it's been standard for many of the more standard business model companies to dish those out with justification only. Liquidweb did that to me. Also on setup time, keep in mind cpanel can take about 45 minutes to install on a good day.

But yeah the PTR record thing...brilliant.

Yeah i know about cpanel but they should not commit customer with false duration right? They dont know anything and only respond to minimal tickets if they require.

• @Sunn said:
    Well do not chargeback from paypal, but from bank.

uh oh, dont mention the word chargeback or @jarland will come runnin'

• FalzoFalzo Member

he is already there ;-)

• I have known cpanel setup time to take some time. So it taking 5 hours sucks that they said 2 hours but there are many reasons that it could happen they could have dropped u an email letting you know the delay it may have been manually setup.

I know many hosting compaines that offer u X and then give u X-Y until you tell them i am guessing they are hoping u wont notice so they can sell that to someone else i stopped getting angery about it as long as they give it to me once i tell them they "forgot".

On the fact of the PTR rDNS not sure how much they know or anything liket hat that answer sounds like theyh told there hosting provider and there host gave them the "clean ip" answer and they passed it on.

Overall it sucks but it happens get ur monehy back move on. Always asume that the sales team knows 20-50% of the suppor team knows so if the sales guy says he new and know nothing assume the support team is about that.

• @wojons said:
    I have known cpanel setup time to take some time. So it taking 5 hours sucks that they said 2 hours but there are many reasons that it could happen they could have dropped u an email letting you know the delay it may have been manually setup.

I know many hosting compaines that offer u X and then give u X-Y until you tell them i am guessing they are hoping u wont notice so they can sell that to someone else i stopped getting angery about it as long as they give it to me once i tell them they "forgot".

On the fact of the PTR rDNS not sure how much they know or anything liket hat that answer sounds like theyh told there hosting provider and there host gave them the "clean ip" answer and they passed it on.

Overall it sucks but it happens get ur monehy back move on. Always asume that the sales team knows 20-50% of the suppor team knows so if the sales guy says he new and know nothing assume the support team is about that.

Thanks dude and i already migrated to @HostNun and getting a good service from them.

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • @kvclix said:

I dont use hostnun but i know some of the people that are over there you should be in good hands

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @wojons said:
    glad to hear that and as of now I don't have problem with host nun. But companies like ideastack should be sued

• @kvclit

you should be sused for slander... jkjk you qouted me saying what u wanted to say. HAHA

Not sure if susing is to much or not i think bad reviews hurt compaines in hosting world since there are so many other options out there. its not like u only have 3 chocies and they are the best priced.