Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited Operator LIve Chat???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited Operator LIve Chat???

CltcamCltcam Member

Hello Low End Talk!

Today, I ask you, are there any good live chat systems that are similar to Zopim and the other popular live chat systems, but allow for unlimited operators at a reasonable price? The live chat system can either be self hosted, or hosted via the live chat company, like Zopim. So far, I've tried http://livehelp.stardevelop.com and wasn't a fan. So, let me know if you guys know of anything. Thanks!

Comments

• buy something from codecanyon?

• @srvrpro said:
    buy something from codecanyon?

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm contemplating it, but I'm also curious, why are there so few live chat companies that offer unlimited agents? I would think sales would increase by a large percent, increasing revenue as well.

• http://livechat.mirrormx.net doesn't look half bad.

• I used Rhino Live Support (I believe its called) and it did its job. You can get the lite version from CodeCanyon and the pro version from the developers website directly. I ended up not using live chat cause it was just a waste of time and money. The majority of customers just open a ticket instead of asking on live chat.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited April 2014

ub3rstar said: Rhino Live Support

It eats up 2GB+ of memory, lots of issues with it.

You might want to look at the free plan for Jivosite.

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    You might want to look at the free plan for Jivosite.

Jivosite is great, but you can't initiate chats with visitors, which is a huge joke in my opinion. Everything else with the chat is great, but then they don't even have a feature where operators can start chats. That's honestly ridiculous imo.

• Cltcam said: Jivosite is great, but you can't initiate chats with visitors, which is a huge joke in my opinion. Everything else with the chat is great, but then they don't even have a feature where operators can start chats. That's honestly ridiculous imo.

Well, if you want the best of everything, you just gotta pay.

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    Well, if you want the best of everything, you just gotta pay.

Jivosite has paying options. None of their options allow you to start chats with clients. Only clients can start chats with you. Just something really weird about Jivosite.

• To be honest it's nice having these online chat providers, But has anyone ever thought of just buying some code, So paying $20 for unlimited, Instead of $20 per operator ?
    http://codecanyon.net/search?utf8=✓&term=live+chat Hope it helps :)

• Why do companies just not offer something like $40 for unlimited operators?

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@Cltcam said:
    Why do companies just not offer something like $40 for unlimited operators?

Because unlimited in certain cases could be hundreds or thousands depending on the size of the company or corporation.

If a major player started using in on their site it is worth more than $40/m to them to have that functionality.

For support/sales operators they would facilitate the cost of the functionality per user vs their targets etc (another cost and metric to track).

• livehelperchat.com

• Tawk.to is packed with features and even on android , but their admin interface is disgusting

Thanked by 1IntroNet
  • RBHRBH Member

What if I told you there is a 100% free, hosted unlimited live chat help software?

• CakeyCakey Member

@RBH said:
    What if I told you there is a 100% free, hosted unlimited live chat help software?

What if I told you there's dozens of open source ones, let me guess purechat

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:
    What if I told you there's dozens of open source ones, let me guess purechat

Purechat is not open source... It's free. Which is good, but means I can't change or take out their purechat branding, which would be distracting for visitors to my sites.

• No if you want a good open source one that's been actively developed for a long while I would recommend Crafty Syntax. While it's not the best aesthetically it works extremely well and might be leaning towards your needs.

• I find this super useful been looking for a cheap alteritive

• CakeyCakey Member

@Cltcam said:

Never said purechat was open source I said there were open source livechat options if you actually do some searching.

• @Cltcam, @Cakey was replying to @RBH with a pretty bad sentence structure.

• CakeyCakey Member

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    Cltcam, Cakey was replying to RBH with a pretty bad sentence structure.

It's not easy being a tired foreigner ;n;

• I've had success with this self-hosted solution:
    http://www.livesupportrhino.com/