Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Website ddos Protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Website ddos Protection?

where can I get free website ddos protection
becouse some fucking kids are attacking my website
http://exp-hosting.com

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

I love the fact you swear so much. Try cloudflare.

• you may want to talk to jon at GVh. They have gone through a big attack and probably can articulate the choices to you. Although I am fundamentally surprised that you run a hosting company and have no plans to mitigate DDOS and want something "free" yet charge your customers. Something inherently out of place there.

Plus as we know swearing on a forum will obviously have people falling all over themselves to help you.

pay for proper protection, pay for proper tech support, and Saturdays are free of problems.

• Host your website in a DDOS protected datacentre (OVH)...

• Just_A_Noob said: talk to jon at GVh

or... cloudflare pro plan.

• incapsula or cloudflare both should work fine as free plan, if you want real ddos protection you will have to pay ~ $200 / month

Thanked by 1Pepo
  • PwnerPwner Member

@namhuy said:
    incapsula or cloudflare both should work fine as free plan, if you want real ddos protection you will have to pay ~ $200 / month

$200 a month? Nah just use an OVH reseller. You'll get DDoS protection of up to 400Gbps for a very reasonable price.

• I'd suggesting buying a BuyVM VPS ($15/yr one) and purchasing their DDoS protection (additional $3/month) - we've used it and we have yet to go down.

Set it up as a Nginx reverse proxy to your main server, and you're done.

• akzakz Member

Oh no, will you be ready by summer?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Pwner said: $200 a month? Nah just use an OVH reseller. You'll get DDoS protection of up to 400Gbps for a very reasonable price.

...assuming you want to live in an OVH datacenter, or endure some horrible GRE latency.

Is there any history of OVH actually tanking 400Gbps for someone?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited April 2014

GestionDBI have free DDoS protection, they located in Canada, starting price are $3.50/month for 1 CPU, 512 MB of RAM, 30 GB of Disk Space and 3 TB of bandwidth (Order Link - affiliate). Wants more? click here

• @Pwner said:
    $200 a month? Nah just use an OVH reseller. You'll get DDoS protection of up to 400Gbps for a very reasonable price.
    @raindog308 said:
    Is there any history of OVH actually tanking 400Gbps for someone?

The capacity is actually 480+ Gbps/Mpps

Yes they have

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @sirmbhe said:
    GestionDBI have free DDoS protection, they located in Canada, starting price are $3.50/month for 1 CPU, 512 MB of RAM, 30 GB of Disk Space and 3 TB of bandwidth (Order Link - affiliate). Wants more? click here

They are with OVH

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited April 2014

@K2Bytes said:

>

Yeah my bad about being off by 80Gbps, I wasn't sure what the exact number was. I did know that they were worth a mention though. The OP will find many resellers and definitely get a good price for DDoS protection.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@leoajetii said:
    where can I get free website ddos protection

Database Down Owing to Sysadmin protection?

• @K2Bytes said:
    They are with OVH

Yes, they are.

• RBHRBH Member

Hmm I remember seeing a post before on here that Cloudflare is kinda "useless" when it comes to DDOS as an attacker can discover the IP your server is on by websites like this: http://www.cloudflare-watch.org/cfs.html#box

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • @Pwner said:
    Yeah my bad about being off by 80Gbps, I wasn't sure what the exact number was. I did know that they were worth a mention though. The OP will find many resellers and definitely get a good price for DDoS protection.

Cheapest does not always mean good too, If I want to run something business related or mission critical(Op has the same case) I would choose a provider based on reputation rather than cheap prices.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • PwnerPwner Member

@K2Bytes said:
    Cheapest does not always mean good too, If I want to run something business related or mission critical(Op has the same case) I would choose a provider based on reputation rather than cheap prices.

For the record, I never stated cheap. I only stated that they'd get a good price for some DDoS protection. Since the OVH resellers are all selling the same products in the end, the best deal is to find one reseller has a reasonable price and doesn't oversell its nodes.

• SunnSunn Member

Free DDOS protection, Okay...!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Has anyone had experience with cloud flare and real DDoS protection?

• wychwych Member

a) Choose a DDoS protected host e.g. OVH
    b) Incapsula

other suggestions above may work, what kind of attack is it do you know?

• @AlexanderM said:
    Has anyone had experience with cloud flare and real DDoS protection?

Yeah, it doesn't work unless you have the expensive ones.

OVH webhosting would work fine as temporary solution.

• mrtzmrtz Member

@RBH said:

This is only partly true. Of the 7 sites I have on cloudflare, only 2 of them reveal an IP, and that is my old VPS ip. Which means it does not find my current VPS ip. If you don't use the default bypass-subdomain you should be safe.

Or, if you want to trick them you can probably enter a bogus IP with the default bypass-subdomain.

• Getting direct ddos mitigation is better than cloudflare and other cdn providers. Once they know about your real ip (new resolvers keep rolling out) its a KO

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited April 2014

Well to start with they will already have your main website ip, Therefore at this point if you do switch to cloudflares dns, and setup correctly you will still get ddosed due to your main IP being known, Also if you use a mail server you will need to setup a external to truly hide your ip. If your interested we have some cheap 5 Gbps DDoS Protected Cpanel plans at http://www.raptornode.com/shared

• @RBH said:
    Hmm I remember seeing a post before on here that Cloudflare is kinda "useless" when it comes to DDOS as an attacker can discover the IP your server is on by websites like.

We actually have tips in our knowledge base that can cover how to reduce the risk of your server IP being found out.

Note: A lot of people think CloudFlare is an IP protection service (we're not). Our IPs showing is a byproduct of using our proxy, but we can only proxy web traffic records.