Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Resellers in France ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Resellers in France ?

Im looking for a vps hosting that sells OVH server's not in canada but in France ?

Comments

• OpenVZ or KVM? What are your required specs & budget?

• Why can't you just order directly from OVH?

• @Just_A_Noob said:
    Why can't you just order directly from OVH?

maybe because hes a US citizen ?

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

@Just_A_Noob said:
    Why can't you just order directly from OVH?

The performance of their OpenVZ servers is pathetic.Their VMware based servers are finebut the disk space is not enough.I mean it should be atleast 40 GB disk with 2 GB RAM instead of 25 GB.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

K2Bytes said: The performance of their OpenVZ servers is pathetic

I got 11 containers with them in France, performance is great on all of them. Give them a second try if you want, they had been pretty solid for me.

• @Nyr said:
    I got 11 containers with them in France, performance is great on all of them. Give them a second try if you want, they had been pretty solid for me.

You forget that on LowEndTalk, a DD of under 500mb/sec is pathetic.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @0xdragon said:
    You forget that on LowEndTalk, a DD of under 500mb/sec is pathetic.

I do not have servers from any LE* provider but OVH's Classic VPS are damn slow in CPU also, not just disk performance. Not to forget only 10 GB disk space with 1 GB RAM. OVH's classic vps is what makes me believe in "Yes you pay a lot less but you compromise on quality & performance." And I am one of those who really don't care what DD performance is, anything even with 50 Mb/s is acceptable for me.

• No server from any provider here? Who do you use? Only OVH and Linode? :)

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    No server from any provider here? Who do you use? Only OVH and Linode? :)

Yes I have dedicated servers from OVH, Leaseweb & Hetzner(Most of them are with OVH) & a couple of OVH's VMware VPS.I am active here because I feel that these days LET is overall a better place than WHT to discuss about hosting related stuff.But if I am asked to pick an LE* provider right now, I would either choose Prometeus or Ramnode.

• Thanks for the answer :)

I never tried Leaseweb/Hetzner, so I will add them to my lists now.

• We will be offering OpenVZ servers in France soon.

• @K2Bytes said:
    OVH's classic vps is what makes me believe in "Yes you pay a lot less but you compromise on quality & performance."

And that is exactly why you shouldn't complain. As everyone knows, what you get is what you pay for - the same rule applies to OVH. Sure, I'd like to have a better HDD I/O speed than 10.5MB/s, but then I'm paying 2€/mo so that's completely alright on my side; I'd go with some other provider and/or pay more if I wanted to have better performances.

Either way, OVH's network is great, and that's mostly what I'm using my Classic VPS for.

• @leoajetii said:
    Im looking for a vps hosting that sells OVH server's not in canada but in France ?

Hello,

We are working on expanding to OVH in France as soon as possible. We will soon start offering hosting services there, keep checking our website!

Regards,

Andrei