Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intronet Servers - Initial Impressions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intronet Servers - Initial Impressions

daveshahdaveshah Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews

I recently bought vBOX02 from http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26081/intronet-servers-cheap-managed-openvz-vps-from-netherlands-free-ssl-cpanel-whm-free-domain/p1

It was deployed within about 30 minutes, and cPanel took about 2 days. I'm still waiting for the domain and SSL certificate, but will update as soon as I get these.

First of all - the cPanel is genuine:

Second of all - performance is very good:
CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 3499.897 MHz Total amount of ram : 6144 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 16:16, Download speed from CacheFly: 84.2MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 18.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 16.3MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.23MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 85.4MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 82.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.75MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 13.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 22.9MB/s I/O speed : 575 MB/s

Thanked by 2IntroNet aolee

Comments

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

You didn't pay yearly did you?

Those prices aren't sustainable, cPanel licenses alone cost $7.50/month at SH.

• Yes, I paid $45 yearly

• NekkiNekki Veteran

How long have you had the VPS, and what have you done with it?

• I've only had it two days. I haven't done anything with it yet, but I'll probably host a few basic sites on it. Before I do that though, I'm going to set up automatic backups & MySQL replication.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

For clarity, might be worth changing the title to 'initial impressions' rather than review? Just to help your fellow VPS enthusiasts get a better understanding of what's inside.

Thanked by 1george
  • ePANePAN Member

@daveshah said:
    , and cPanel took about 2 days.

Just curious, why take 2 days to deliver cPanel? Node its not in RAID, so prepare for backup. Thanks for this initial review, update us when you have a time.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Can't help but feel like they're only providing genuine cPanel licenses for a number of randomly selected customers to prove they're not a complete scam (eg. "But this customer has cPanel, just ask him yourself!"). It can be sustainable if you're only getting, say, one cPanel license per 7 or 10 customers while skimping on the hardware on the side.

• hellogoodbye said: Can't help but feel like they're only providing genuine cPanel licenses for a number of randomly selected customers to prove they're not a complete scam

We have provided the cPanel/WHM to all those who bought vBOX02 yesterday.And those who bought it today will be receiving it by tomorrow.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@IntroNet How is this sort of pricing sustainable for yourself?

• Please leave it on us.We don't run this company to earn a lot of profit,the main point of running this company is to provide a cheap but reliable service.Our next offer will be on Dedicated servers next time.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

That's no sort of answer, which doesn't instill me with any confidence as a potential buyer that you'll be here in a month.

• iSkyiSky Member

yet, i am curious with the answer of @nekki quetion too @intronet ? can you willingly tell us ? or maybe PM me and nekki ?

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    That's no sort of answer, which doesn't instill me with any confidence as a potential buyer that you'll be here in a month.

But its ok they are not looking to make a profit... :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    But its ok they are not looking to make a profit... :)

If ever there's a red flag, that's it.

Thanked by 1wych
  • IntroNet said: Please leave it on us.We don't run this company to earn a lot of profit,the main point of running this company is to provide a cheap but reliable service.Our next offer will be on Dedicated servers next time.

Come on dude, do you think everyone is as stupid as you are? Even if that was true you're still selling the licenses alone at below cost, that's not an answer as to how you're still going to be offering the service in 12 months time (your annual clients).

"Please leave it on us" = "I haven't thought that far" or "this is a pure pump and dump". Take your pick, either way I wouldn't even trust you with my e-mail on the sign up form.

• aoleeaolee Member

wych said: But its ok they are not looking to make a profit... :)

They want to make profit but they are "not looking to earn a lot of profit" ?

Thanked by 1IntroNet
  • sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited April 2014

@IntroNet said:
    We don't run this company to earn a lot of profit,the main point of running this company is to provide a cheap but reliable service.

how can a company that run bussiness not seeking for profit?
    i thought profit was the main reason, someone build a company

• cassacassa Member
    edited April 2014

@sirmbhe said:
    i thought profit was the main reason, someone build a company

Maybe because it's nice to help people. I am currently running some free things, which makes me happy.

• aoleeaolee Member

sirmbhe said: how can a company that run bussiness not seeking for profit? i thought profit was the main reason, someone build a company

The way I interpret it is... they are not looking at making "More" profit ( maybe for now). not making profit is different from not making **more ** profit.

Quoting what intronet said

IntroNet said: We don't run this company to earn a lot of profit,the main point of running this company is to provide a cheap but reliable service.

"...to earn a lot of profit...", probably they are risking to be on break-even, or enduring a few losses at the moment, because they are focusing to getting some clients in or marketing their company name.

Thanked by 1IntroNet
  • No, what he said was that he doesn't run his company for a lot of profit, not that at the time of the offer they're not out for your money. And do you know why that is? Because they won't be here in six months time to hear your complaints.

You have to be pretty naive to believe what he's saying, lol.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Discussions of no profit/not much profit aside, I can't see how the company would even break even at the prices they're selling at. Surely the cPanel plans alone are sinking them.

• @Nekki said:
    Discussions of no profit/not much profit aside, I can't see how the company would even break even at the prices they're selling at. Surely the cPanel plans alone are sinking them.

I think singlehop do their internal licences very cheaply, but don't quote me on that.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

0xdragon said: I think singlehop do their internal licences very cheaply, but don't quote me on that.

Cheap enough to support a server with these specs?

4 GB RAM

75 GB Disk Space ( Pure SSD )

4 CPU CORES

Unmetered Bandwidth

Managed

1 IPv4 ( Extra IPv4 available at $2.00/month )

OpenVZ/SolusVM Control Panel

Located at Amsterdam,NL

1 Gbps port

99.9% Uptime

DDoS protected

Free Domain and cPanel/WHM with yearly billing.

Free Wildcard SSL

Monthly Pricing: $6.00/monthly & $45.00/annually

A managed 4GB RAM, 75GB SSD disk, 4 CPU cores, IPv4, Unmetered 1GBPS in Amsterdam, DDoS protected with a free domain, wild cart cert and cPanel/WHM. Even if Singhlehop paid you $5 for every license they gave you it'd still be a tight squeeze.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    A managed 4GB RAM, 75GB SSD disk, 4 CPU cores, IPv4, Unmetered 1GBPS in Amsterdam, DDoS protected with a free domain, wild cart cert and cPanel/WHM. Even if Singhlehop paid you $5 for every license they gave you it'd still be a tight squeeze.

Yeah, it's freaking ridiculous. But hey, we said that about GVH. And their servers perform much better than GVH (at least for now).

@0xdragon said:
    I think singlehop do their internal licences very cheaply, but don't quote me on that.

$7.50/m they are.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

VMbox said: $7.50/m they are.

That's pretty much what I understood.

Even if we assume that a newbie provider has managed to squeeze the licensing cost down to $5 per license per month, that's still all the money from the plans gone when you factor in PP fees and IP costs. There is surely no way they're making any money off that plan, even if the server is oversold beyond a reasonable measure.

CPanel licenses are at standard pricing that can't be changed. Ip's are $0.50/ea unless you have long contracts like we do and you get them cheaper. They're working at a big loss on these plans which makes me worry for people paying yearly.

• @0xdragon said:
    Yeah, it's freaking ridiculous. But hey, we said that about GVH. And their servers perform much better than GVH (at least for now).

Our servers are more stable right now actually.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Our servers are more stable right now actually.

I cancelled a week or so back because my VPS was either down or lagging all the time :(

Good to hear that you're taking a better approach with existing nodes though.

• @0xdragon said:

Which location you in and which node?