Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS Needed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS Needed.

AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Just enough specifications to run a private OpenVPN VPN.

Cheap as possible.

Thanks

Thanked by 1JohnB

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Might be worth seeing if httpzoom have any of their 64MB specials left. Otherwise, DotVPS do low Ram specials.

Not wishing to rob business from either, but I have an idling 96MB ram plan from DotVPS you can have for the remainder of the billing period (6-ish months) for free if @Jack will allow the transfer.

• jhjh Member

Look at One Pound Web Hosting - I pay them £12/yr for a small Xen VPS. Great quality too.

Thanked by 1onepound
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jack said:
    Open a ticket

Cheers Jack.

@AlexanderM if you want it, drop me a PM.

• wychwych Member

Give @Jack - DotVPS a shout!

Great Quality.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you! This is sorted. Got another VM from @Jack thanks to @Nekki in the UK.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

Just worth mentioning here; @AlexanderM offered me paypal funds or a free VPS in return for the UK one; I turned them down and suggested a small charity donation instead if he was really uncomfortable with getting something for free.

I suggested something like buying a copy of The Big Issue (roughly £2-£3); Alexander actually donated £12.50 (£10 + gift aid) to Cancer Research UK.

Random acts of kindness people.

• @Jack said:
    What is the "big issue" always see a guy in town that sounds like a crack ead shouting big issue at me...

It's a magazine. Homeless people buy them for £1 each and then sell them to the public (for more than £1 obviously)

I saw a bloke on Benefits Street go into a waiting room, steal the magazines they have for waiting customers and then try and sell them to people pretending it's the Big Issue lol

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jack said:
    What is the "big issue" always see a guy in town that sounds like a crack ead shouting big issue at me...

It's a magazine that's 'sold' to homeless people for them to sell to the public, supposedly helping them to help themselves and earn some money and hopefully get themselves out of the unfortunate situation they're in.

So yes, entirely possible your local seller may look like he's been on crack, although generally they clean themselves up a bit as not many people buy anything from people who look like they're on crack (unless they're looking to buy crack, obviously).

Thanked by 1JohnB
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jack said:
    Oh so he is homeless yet can afford latest trainers ect...

Yeah, that looks a bit suspect. The proper ones have real ID cards.

You do get some with decent gear to be fair, they're often youngsters who can't live at home for some reason, but still get given clothing by family.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

If you want to know, it was £10 (+£2.50 gift aid by government) sent to Cancer Research UK.

Thanked by 3Nekki JohnB hostnoob
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlexanderM said:
    If you want to know, it was £10 (+£2.50 gift aid by government) sent to Cancer Research UK.

I did update my post once I realised it looked like you'd given to The Big Issue rather than Cancer Research.

• It's not homeless people at all. Do a bit of research :)

Still, nice move on Alexander's part.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MartinD said: It's not homeless people at all. Do a bit of research :)

Well, do tell instead of being cryptic.

• MartinDMartinD Member
    edited April 2014

It's mainly for vulnerable people not limited to just homeless folk.

And it's not being cryptic, it's encouraging research and awareness.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MartinD said: It's mainly for vulnerable people not limited to just homeless folk.

So it is homeless people, just other vulnerable too. Not quite the same thing as

@MartinD said It's not homeless people at all

• MartinDMartinD Member
    edited April 2014

You're arguing over semantics about a charity and someone doing a charitable thing?

Yeah, you need to get out more.

I only posted to counter act the "homeless people with the latest trainers" post - i.e. clarification and context.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

No, I'm arguing over you making it sound like nobody knows what they're talking about in a thread where someone's done something nice. I could throw the same accusations about getting out more straight back at you.

But lets not ruin this feel-good Friday with drama. Hugs :-)

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

Such a good gesture @AlexanderM, the world needs some more good people like yourself amongst us.