Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Day Terminations - Your Thoughts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 Day Terminations - Your Thoughts

So I discovered today that there's more than one host (GVH) doing 1 day terminations.

So this host terminated one of my services (of two) and when I asked for an explanation I simply got "You didn't pay your bill in time.", which is pretty much a "piss off". I know I didn't pay in time.

I have a lot of services, so once every few months I slip and miss a payment. But I always pay on the first overdue notice (day after) if I do.

Anyway, what do you guys think about immediate terminations?

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

just got over because of that, usually i got 3 days before suspended. but never got like just 1 day

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited April 2014

If only they had waited another day, they'll have more cash in their pockets without loosing customers...

• wychwych Member

1 week, then its all gone.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited April 2014

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@0xdragon said:
    So I discovered today that there's more than one host (GVH) doing 1 day terminations.

So this host terminated one of my services (of two) and when I asked for an explanation I simply got "You didn't pay your bill in time.", which is pretty much a "piss off". I know I didn't pay in time.

I have a lot of services, so once every few months I slip and miss a payment. But I always pay on the first overdue notice (day after) if I do.

Anyway, what do you guys think about immediate terminations?

I'd personally say it's pretty understandable that you forget to pay a bill sometimes, BeastVM leaves you plenty of time to regain your service (3 reminders) but if you don't pay after a certain time, yeah then it's over, we will terminate you.

Another company I know that leaves you plenty of time aswell is Prometeus @Maonique

I understand it though, they got to pay their bills in time aswell and if I'm correct, they should send you a invoice 1-2 weeks before the due date so you can pay it in advance.

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited April 2014

Well this is what their ToS says:

Overdue Payments Policy

>

Products/services which carry an outstanding balance may be immediately suspended at our discretion. Products/services which carry an outstanding balance exceeding three (3) days may be terminated at our discretion. A maximum grace period of seven (7) days may be granted upon the approval of GreenValueHost. If you require additional time to pay an outstanding invoice/balance, you are held responsible for contacting our accounting department prior to the invoice due date.

• @eLohkCalb said:
    Well this is what their ToS says:

Products/services which carry an outstanding balance may be immediately suspended at our discretion. Products/services which carry an outstanding balance exceeding three (3) days may be terminated at our discretion. A maximum grace period of seven (7) days may be granted upon the approval of GreenValueHost. If you require additional time to pay an outstanding invoice/balance, you are held responsible for contacting our accounting department prior to the invoice due date.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The host isn't GVH :)

• Sorry but you should be better organized, I would never leave a overdue payment. Bet your clients love you.

Thanked by 2Maximum_VPS Mark_R
    edited April 2014

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    0xdragon

If you missed paying your BILL on time, maybe ticket the host? Explain the situation ? Ask for a re???

Otherwise, you may not stand out in todays automated systems.

YES, I suspect you are talking about MVPS, as we actively monitor this forum. :S

Are you unhappy? did we do you wrong? did you not pay your bill on time?

PLEASE take it to the Host in question NOT a forum.

Thanks.

Thanks for the client privacy breaking :P

/joke

With all seriousness though, I did ticket in before making this thread, and that was the response I got, sadly :(

I wasn't intending to make a "MaximumVPS SUCKS" thread as your services are quite good. I was just wondering what other hosts also do the same thing as yourself in regards to late payments.

• Whilst you may not like it, it is more than acceptable for them to do it. You are overdue, in effect getting free service because you haven't paid for the next billing term.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @Linkking said:
    Sorry but you should be better organized, I would never leave a overdue payment. Bet your clients love you.

Come on mate, don't lie to me! I'm sure you've had that lovely "First invoice overdue notice" in your inbox!

I'm sure 99% of us have.

• @INIZ said:
    Whilst you may not like it, it is more than acceptable for them to do it. You are overdue, in effect getting free service because you haven't paid for the next billing term.

No, that's not true, a more acceptable solution would've been suspension, instead of immediate termination. I don't get how suspension is "free service"

• I once had an even worse situation. They guys from HostUS wanted to terminate all my services to the end of the billing period, because they don't "like to do business with someone who spreads hate messages" about them. If you need a proof of this, I can post screenshots of the e-mail I got. Finally they apologized and kept me as client.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@INIZ said:
    Whilst you may not like it, it is more than acceptable for them to do it. You are overdue, in effect getting free service because you haven't paid for the next billing term.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just wondering why you'd terminate a day after. It's not like a dedicated server where you have to pay on time or your provider will lose money. In this case you actually lose money from the client themselves ;)

@Floris said:
    No, that's not true, a more acceptable solution would've been suspension, instead of immediate termination. I don't get how suspension is "free service"

Yes, I actually did lose data- most sadly. I actually browsed straight to the invoice when I got the email, saw it was cancelled and my service was terminated.

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    @Maximum_VPS said:
    @Maximum_VPS said:
    @Maximum_VPS said:
    @Maximum_VPS said:

Posting and then deleting your own comments ?

0xdragon said: @Maximum_VPS said: 0xdragon

If you missed paying your BILL on time, maybe ticket the host? Explain the situation ? Ask for a re???

Otherwise, you may not stand out in todays automated systems.

YES, I suspect you are talking about MVPS, as we actively monitor this forum. :S

Are you unhappy? did we do you wrong? did you not pay your bill on time?

PLEASE take it to the Host in question NOT a forum.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Floris said:

Well it's more reasonable or fair to suspend, but it's not wrong :)

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @Floris said:

Suspension is still free service in a way - you're holding up a VM for a client who hasn't paid their monthly bill, whilst it could very well be used by another client who has indeed paid. It's a "loss" of money for the host.

Other than that, I can't say I am in favour of 1-day terminations because they're annoying if you 're a regular client, but I understand them anyway. The only case in which they are not acceptable is if there were no reminders (e.g. emails) prior to the renewal deadline.

As an example, OVH are pretty great for this; they send emails 60, 30, 15, 7 and 3 days prior to the renewal date. If they were to terminate my service because I hadn't paid then, I would most definitely understand.

Thanked by 2Maximum_VPS Lee
  • @iceTwy I agree with you that the way OVH does it it's good, but most hosts don't do it this way, they just send you a notice the day or the day before the invoice is due.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited April 2014

0xdragon said: Come on mate, don't lie to me! I'm sure you've had that lovely "First invoice overdue notice" in your inbox! I'm sure 99% of us have.

Well I haven't.
    I have a lot of clients with booking systems and could not afford the embarrassment.

• Potential data deletion grace period isn't something what should be taken for granted, but at discretion of a host.
    Giving extented time to pay overdue invoices is reasonable but not mandatory.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @infolink said:
    iceTwy I agree with you that the way OVH does it it's good, but most hosts don't do it this way, they just send you a notice the day or the day before the invoice is due.

Unfortunately, yeah. OVH are mostly required to do this because they're a huge company, so properly informing their clients of the renewal deadline regularly probably gets a lot of problems out of their way - i.e. you can't have a client complain on the sole basis that they hadn't been told about the deadline.

• @0xdragon you have commented many times on our service in the past with positive views, i do not understand why you would take it to a forum first without a single ticket.

edited April 2014

@Maximum_VPS said:
    0xdragon you have commented many times on our service in the past with positive views, i do not understand why you would take it to a forum first without a single ticket.

I did ticket...
    The response was:

Yes, you failed to pay your bill on time.

Ticket ID: #466574

Subject: 1 day and immediate termination?

Ticket URL:-snip-

• @Linkking said:

Okay Mr Perfect, good for you. :)

• It would be smart to at least suspend the service first, and terminate it some time later, say at least a day later.
    This way the customer at least has some time to notice that his service isn't working and start investigating why, in case he didn't receive the invoice emails for whatever reason.

edited April 2014

@iceTwy said:
    As an example, OVH are pretty great for this; they send emails 60, 30, 15, 7 and 3 days prior to the renewal date. If they were to terminate my service because I hadn't paid then, I would most definitely understand.

Since MaximumVPS wants to make this about them.. :(

I recieved one notification of an invoice created on the 17th and that was it. I wish they told me that if I didn't pay on time, I'd get my service terminated.

edited April 2014

17th to the 23rd (not like you had many notices/ reminders)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@infolink said:
    I once had an even worse situation. They guys from HostUS wanted to terminate all my services to the end of the billing period, because they don't "like to do business with someone who spreads hate messages" about them. If you need a proof of this, I can post screenshots of the e-mail I got. Finally they apologized and kept me as client.

Ah, the typical tell half a story post.

Alexander

This discussion has been closed.